S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Racing and Competition (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/)
-   -   Michigan / NASA Great Lakes Peeps (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/michigan-nasa-great-lakes-peeps-1190579/)

roel03 12-24-2018 01:45 PM

Michigan / NASA Great Lakes Peeps

Anyone here in the Detroit area? I'll be relocating from Orlando, FL next week and wanted some tips for events in the area. Some guys at work told me about Waterford Hills and I'm aware of Gingerman/Mid-Ohio, which I can't wait to check out. Or if anyone wants to meet up and grab a beer, hit me up!

For the guys that know me, I got a job at Pratt/Miller as the Aero engineer for the Corvette racing program. I wish I could share more with everyone, but it's pretty tight lipped! All I can say is that it is the most awesome cool job I could've ever hoped for :)

I made a quick blog update on my site if anyone is interested - https://baero.tech/blog/2018/12/24/u...happy-holidays

the5 12-24-2018 02:30 PM

Thats awesome! Dream Job!
Thanks for getting those Ducts out to me today!

freq 12-25-2018 01:19 PM

Guess we'll be seeing you at NASA Nationals then?! Just like you, I love seeing my product on others cars.

Congrats on the new gig.

typo on your link:

I want you guys ready for the 2018 season!

roel03 12-25-2018 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by freq (Post 24547495)
Guess we'll be seeing you at NASA Nationals then?! Just like you, I love seeing my product on others cars.

Congrats on the new gig.

typo on your link:

Yup, I'll be there since it's so close. You planning on competing or watching?

freq 12-25-2018 05:19 PM

We'll see if I even qualify to compete. Will likely attend regardless of whether I compete or not. I've never been on track there, only spectated.

BlueBarchetta 12-27-2018 05:35 AM

Congratulations on the job. I don’t live in Detroit, but visit frequently for work. We should meet up sometime, I might have some work for you, if you’re interested

roel03 12-28-2018 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by BlueBarchetta (Post 24547892)
Congratulations on the job. I don’t live in Detroit, but visit frequently for work. We should meet up sometime, I might have some work for you, if you’re interested

Of course, I'll PM you with my contact details.

scottdh20 12-31-2018 09:47 AM

you'll want to attend both gridlife and west michigan honda meet at gingerman. wmhm is a chill track day that brings in all the honda guysd from the midwest. gridlife brings in bonkers amounts of folks. idk the exact numbers but i think 2018 gridlife midwest was something like 12-14k attendees. grattan is also in west michigan and a real hidden gem of a track. welcome to the mitten :) on facebook feel free to join "track midwest" its where most of us midwest track guys hang out online

HawkeyeGeoff 01-02-2019 08:34 AM

Hey there!

We just repaved Waterford Hills; I live about 15 minutes from the track. I instruct at OTD's and pretty much run at all of the Bracket Racing events (highly recommended). It is honestly the most fun course I've ever driven for this platform.

Shoot me a PM and we can go get a beverage sometime. Obviously the S2K is in the garage for the winter....but I would be more than happy to help you out trying to find anything you need in the area. BTW GM Engineer. :)

MuttGrunt 02-11-2019 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff (Post 24549649)
We just repaved Waterford Hills; I live about 15 minutes from the track. I instruct at OTD's and pretty much run at all of the Bracket Racing events (highly recommended). It is honestly the most fun course I've ever driven for this platform.

Looks like I need to get back to Waterford Hills! I don't know if my car will be ready this year or next, but I'll likely link up with a PCA or 3Balls event and try to have a fun, safe, and learning filled day. Hope to see some S2k owners around :hello: