S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

MPTCC Race report at Auto club Speedway

Old 08-08-2013, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MPTCC Race report at Auto club Speedway

Hi guys, this time I have videos! However, I'm still learning how to do the video so it will take a little longer. I'm hopeful I can do it this weekend and have it done by Monday. Also, please be kind and click onto my website at www.prima-racing.com and even better please support my sponsors/technical partners, as I can't do this without them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hartanto wins back to back races! In his his return to the MotoIQ PTCC, Andrie Hartanto wasted no time topping the time sheets in every session, putting in quite the performance.

Saturday – Qualifying

Hartanto stormed to pole position with just .3 seconds to spare over Edo Stepanyan, followed by Justin Taylor in third and Michele Abbate in fourth .

Saturday –Race 1

Starting from pole, Hartanto botched the start and fell back to 5th place. Shortly thereafter, under hard braking into Turn 3, Hartanto was able to regain two positions and slot into 3rd place, just behind Abbate, and Stepanyan who had assumed the lead of the race. Onto the next corner, Hartanto was able to pass Abbate on the outside and slotted into 2nd place and in hard pursue of Stepanyan. Hartanto immediately applied pressure in an attempt to force Edo into making mistakes. Despite Edo cutting two corners in an effort to keep Hartanto behind, Hartanto’s persistence paid off as he was able to make the pass a few laps later, earning him the first win of the weekend.

“That was some fight Edo gave me,” Hartanto said. “I botched the start and lost the lead. Edo’s car is slightly faster in the straight, but I know if I kept pressuring him, he will wear his tire out and I will be able to pass him, which I successfully executed”

Sunday – Qualifying

Hartanto repeated his performance and stay on form. He captured the pole position by .4 seconds this time over Edo Stepanyan, followed again by Justin Taylor rounding the top 3.

Sunday – Race 2

From Pole position, Hartanto made the best start and led the field. Hartanto quickly pulled away, leaving Stepanyan and Taylor to battle for second place. A few laps later Taylor was able to make a pass on Stepanyan, slotting into second while Hartanto enjoyed a comfortable lead.

Hartanto signaled his comfortable margin was in jeopardy when he radioed in a report of some noticeable changes in the car’s handling. Initially Hartanto indicated that he felt vibration and loss of front grip. His first thought was that the front right tire was going down and asked the crew to see if they noticed anything. The crew reported back that everything seemed fine, and to push hard.

Only a few laps later, Hartanto was on the radio again stating the vibration worsen and he lost even more grip in the front end. This time the message from the crew was much different; the S2000’s front splitter had completely folded over, thus explaining the lack of front grip.

Hartanto dialed back the pace and subsequently increased his lap times in an effort to preserve his front tires and finish the race. The strategy enabled Taylor to narrow the margin and mount a challenge for the lead. With a car that was becoming increasingly more difficult to drive due to lack of front grip, Hartanto displayed a wealth of tact and skill in keeping his competitors behind, thus prevailing with another win, despite having Taylor glued to his bumper at the finish line.

“Man, that was two tough race in a row!” Hartanto said. “My splitter was pretty much gone by lap 5 and I was getting understeer which become more severe lap after lap. All I can do is to take care of my tires not to over work them while I also need to keep Justin behind me. It was some of the toughest last couple of laps, let me tell you”

Championship points - Hartanto missed the first 2 rounds of MotoIQ and unless there are some miraculous developments, he won’t be fighting for the championship. Hartanto contended that the team’s focus is not on points, but rather, race wins.

Next Up - Next round is USTCC on September 6-8 at Sonoma Raceway. This race weekend will be shared with the FIA WTCC race series.

Sponsors
 - Prima Racing 2013 season is brought to you by Supertech | Wicked Tuning | Rota Wheels | Carbotech | Stitch Tech Designs | CT Engineering | Blacktrax | Exedy | Drastikk | Ignited Soul Apparel | HASport | Berk Technology | Hondata | City Tech Autobody | Twincam Motorsports | Detail Addict

We can always use more sponsors/partners with similar goals. To be a part of winning team or general inquiries, please email use here: primaracing@gmail.com

Gallery
 -
/
Video

We are still working on the videos. Please subscribe to our Youtube channel to ensure that you are up to date on all of our exciting video content. You can subscribe here: http://www.youtube.com/user/AndriePrimaRacing
Old 08-08-2013, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the wins. What material is the splitter and did it fold due to contact or from air pressure?
Old 08-08-2013, 07:29 PM

It's alumalite. It was too low and kept scraping going up the banking. Eventually it really weaken it and broke the brackets and fold over.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like that you're giving Edo a run for his money. Nice race!
Old 08-09-2013, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrie
It's alumalite. It was too low and kept scraping going up the banking. Eventually it really weaken it and broke the brackets and fold over.
Good to know. I was looking at pics and thinking "geez, I knew my splitter wasn't as low as it could be, but that's REALLY low!" So apparently there is a happy medium
Old 08-09-2013, 09:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My brake fluid started to boil at about half the race. Pedal went to the floor. Took me about 2 laps before I could use the brakes again. I think that was about the time your a
Splitter went bad. My brother told me on the Radio that you slowed down a bit too. I tucked behind you long enough to get my brakes back, but by then it was too late. I just swapped rbf 660 today lol.

I was running that super blue stuff.

Both sat and Sunday, the entire podiumsb fast laps were within hundreths of a second.

Andrie, can't wait to see Sundays video
Old 08-10-2013, 04:57 PM

Saturday race video is uploading. 2 more hours and its ready. LOL. Sunday race still in the works. Should be ready tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gj65i6C-B4
Old 08-11-2013, 08:42 AM

Sunday Race video is also up!

Visit my website and the link is inside the first article.

Thanks guys!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:55 AM
JJ7

Good stuff. Im about half way through. Makes me want to cage my car!
Old 08-11-2013, 09:55 AM

I would also like to solicit input. What do you guys think?

1. Keep the video static with front and rear facing in pic in pic
2. Switching depends on action, like currently produced
3. Separate, 2 videos of front and rear facing independently

Obviously the 3rd option is easiest for me and will mean it get posted sooner as there are no post processing required.

Quick Reply: MPTCC Race report at Auto club Speedway