S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Nasa tt5

Old 01-20-2019, 05:32 PM

Received 101 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Xene
I am trying to get into TT5 as well maybe this year or next. Same boat as you in HPDE3. This winter/spring I am rebalancing my suspension setup, trying to get the car setup properly for once.
Good luck! I run TT5 in NASA NE, let me know if you need any help getting started!
Old 01-21-2019, 02:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sickdayracing
Good luck! I run TT5 in NASA NE, let me know if you need any help getting started!
You bought Rob Robinette's car? His website is a great resource for me to use on how to build a track car the right way. Ive currently got a harddog roll bar on the way, also will be ordering a seat/harness soon as well. Rounding corners while bracing your knee against the door probably isnt the best way to drive lol.

As far as getting the car classed, do I just go to a local speed shop and do a dyno run then send the info to NASA? Same with weighing the car?
Old 01-21-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by KevinATL
You bought Rob Robinette's car? His website is a great resource for me to use on how to build a track car the right way. Ive currently got a harddog roll bar on the way, also will be ordering a seat/harness soon as well. Rounding corners while bracing your knee against the door probably isnt the best way to drive lol.

As far as getting the car classed, do I just go to a local speed shop and do a dyno run then send the info to NASA? Same with weighing the car?
https://timetrial.nasaseries.com

Take a look at the dyne rules at the link above. Basically go to a dyno and get the 50RPM output following the instructions provided by NASA. You can then upload them to a calculator or manually calculate them yourself. You can get your weights checked for free at any NASA event.
The following users liked this post:
KevinATL (01-21-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 10:25 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

ST6 looks interesting...it seems all NA Toyota MR2s would qualify. There aren't that many but should be inexpensive, especially with a salvage title. With a wt/hp ratio after factors of around 19, the goal may be to add a few pounds to allow a higher power level to overcome aero drag. They are all pretty low (less than 49" OEM) and narrow (around 66"), the mid-engine should help traction and braking. It should also help reduce tire drag, potentially a factor in a momentum car.

And, of course, 2006+ Miatas aren't allowed.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
ST6 looks interesting...it seems all NA Toyota MR2s would qualify. There aren't that many but should be inexpensive, especially with a salvage title. With a wt/hp ratio after factors of around 19, the goal may be to add a few pounds to allow a higher power level to overcome aero drag. They are all pretty low (less than 49" OEM) and narrow (around 66"), the mid-engine should help traction and braking. It should also help reduce tire drag, potentially a factor in a momentum car.

And, of course, 2006+ Miatas aren't allowed.
S2000's aren't allowed either so not really relevant to this thread.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im thinking about going with this seat along with a 5 point harness, the dimensions are similar to the Recaro PP which I had in my car once and it fit perfect. OMP RS PT2 https://www.ompracing.com/en_gb/rs-p-t-2-44715.html

Its also the right price I want to pay, I found one under $700 with free shipping. I also had my eye on the Sparco Circuit II, Sparco Ergo 1 and the OMP HTE, but it seems like at least some modifications will be needed with those. Im not really into cutting the trim in my car, as I may want to sell it one day. I say that and Im about to drill holes into the body for a roll bar and harnesses lol.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:15 PM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

Get a 6 point while you're at it.

I fit my Circuit 1 without having to do any mods, looks like I would have enough room for a Circuit 2 as well. They're usually $500ish on eBay when the coupon code rolls around.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:10 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by roel03
Get a 6 point while you're at it.

I fit my Circuit 1 without having to do any mods, looks like I would have enough room for a Circuit 2 as well. They're usually $500ish on eBay when the coupon code rolls around.
Yes, 6 point.

A Circuit 2 does fit. Doesn't rub the door card or the roll bar for me either. Nor did I need to trim for the trans tunnel.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:40 AM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by freq
Yes, 6 point.

A Circuit 2 does fit. Doesn't rub the door card or the roll bar for me either. Nor did I need to trim for the trans tunnel.
You have the Circuit 2 in your car?

Also, Murray Motorsport has them for like $550 shipped. I'm tempted to get one for my passenger and ditch the cheap Corbeau.
The following users liked this post:
KevinATL (01-23-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 07:20 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

I'm pretty sure I do. Now you're making me second guess myself.

I had a Circuit 2 as my passenger seat but it was creating too much of a blind spot and went with a non halo Sparco on that side.

Quick Reply: Nasa tt5