S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Nasa tt5

Old 12-11-2017, 04:58 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
Has anyone played with the rear wing position, moving it forward and higher?
What are you smoking? Seriously, let us know. It must be STRONG.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:20 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
What are you smoking? Seriously, let us know. It must be STRONG.
<<<< KUSH
Old 12-11-2017, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Updated link to the updated rules:

https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com...--12-10-17.pdf

Only major change is the 100TW change. Just a couple other little things in there that shouldn't affect us.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:26 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by aabatteries
Updated link to the updated rules:

https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com...--12-10-17.pdf

Only major change is the 100TW change. Just a couple other little things in there that shouldn't affect us.
good, I was expecting them to throw in a -.8 modifier for being made by Honda.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:35 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1

good, I was expecting them to throw in a -.8 modifier for being made by Honda.
LOL seriously.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,
Probably a stupid question...can ballast be added in the passenger seat and held in place by harness? I'm thinking of a simplifled weighted crash test dummy. I don't want to swiss cheese my car body for all the bolts that 150 lbs of ballast will require.
Thanks!
Old 12-21-2017, 10:48 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by adprescott
Hey Guys,
Probably a stupid question...can ballast be added in the passenger seat and held in place by harness? I'm thinking of a simplifled weighted crash test dummy. I don't want to swiss cheese my car body for all the bolts that 150 lbs of ballast will require.
Thanks!
No, refer to the CCR.

15.20 Ballast All ballast shall be solid metal such as steel, lead, or depleted uranium, and consist of a minimum of five (5) pounds per piece. Each piece shall be bolted in place with through-bolts, fender washers, and a locking-nut / system (e.g. jam-nuts, Nylock, etc.). All ballast shall be secured sufficiently and all bolts shall be of Grade five (5). Nylock nuts or metal crimping lock nuts should not be reused.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im looking to get into TT5 this year, perhaps not right away seeing as Im still in DE3. But basically after reading the rules and the posts in here, I just want to make sure Im on the right track before I start purchasing items for the car. Ive got a set of 17x9 square wheels that I was going to get some 245/40/17 R7's for, but some have mentioned that you dont need anything over 225s? I figured more contact patch would mean more grip, but I will take your word for it. Am I correct in assuming since my car has stock aero and when I add a rear wing it basically zero's out the 0.4 points for stock aero? Its looking like all my car needs is some Ohlins, a rear wing and some Hoosiers to be competitive, I take it that puts it close to the 14:1 ratio assuming my power is similar and the car probably weighs a little over 3000 with me in it.

The only bad thing about doing this is I dont see a lot of people running TT5, but I certainly dont have the funds to compete in any other class.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinATL
Im looking to get into TT5 this year, perhaps not right away seeing as Im still in DE3. But basically after reading the rules and the posts in here, I just want to make sure Im on the right track before I start purchasing items for the car. Ive got a set of 17x9 square wheels that I was going to get some 245/40/17 R7's for, but some have mentioned that you dont need anything over 225s? I figured more contact patch would mean more grip, but I will take your word for it. Am I correct in assuming since my car has stock aero and when I add a rear wing it basically zero's out the 0.4 points for stock aero? Its looking like all my car needs is some Ohlins, a rear wing and some Hoosiers to be competitive, I take it that puts it close to the 14:1 ratio assuming my power is similar and the car probably weighs a little over 3000 with me in it.

The only bad thing about doing this is I dont see a lot of people running TT5, but I certainly dont have the funds to compete in any other class.
I am trying to get into TT5 as well maybe this year or next. Same boat as you in HPDE3. This winter/spring I am rebalancing my suspension setup, trying to get the car setup properly for once.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:31 PM

Received 101 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinATL

Last year was the first year for TT5. It grew quickly towards the end of the season. Next year we have 18 cars in the NASA Mid-Atlantic region alone. The class will be huge.

If you do the rear wing only, you can not take the BTM aero mod factor.

Regarding Hoosiers, the 245 R7 will fit on a 17x9 max but is to wide on anything bigger then a 9". You can run the 225 Hoosier on up to a 10" wide wheel. I run both setups and have not come to a conclusion on what is faster. If you have 9" wheels, go with a 245.

The S2000 is technically a 14.7 P/W ratio to start because of the .7 factor for A Arms. You can base your P/W on your average HP. A good rule of thumb on an S2000 is that you average HP is usually about 15WHP less than peak. So on a typical AP2 with 215WHP peak and 200WHP average, you would need to come in. at. 2940lbs. If you have a BBK add .2 to the P/W. If you have roll center adjusters, toe arms, etc, that is another .2.

My build thread in my sig has alot of little tidbits about the car.

Quick Reply: Nasa tt5