S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

NASA vs SCCA

Old 12-26-2017, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
NASA and SCCA are wheel to wheel racing. Time attack is different with it's different set of rules. It depends which kind of time attack series you what to get into. But since ur boosted ur looking to be in the rwd unlimited class. Competition is intense good luck.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought that they both had different events like wheel to wheel as well as time trials?
Is time attack and time trials not the same?
Old 12-27-2017, 06:03 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

NASA and SCCA have wheel to wheel racing.

FTFY.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:21 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

NASA and sccca is mostly based off wheel to wheel racing. I belive they also have auto x but not sure bout that. They also have time trials like you said buts not that serious like time attac. Wheel to wheel racing is what you do in gran turismo. And time attack is you n es to go around the track with the fastest time to win.
NASA is very minimal on time attack. I think they only have it Arizona, I could b wrong. And SCCA has HPde events and smaller time trials. Time attack would be something like global time attack or world time attack. The areo and power levels are different from time attack to open wheel racing.

Last edited by Singh_snisen; 12-27-2017 at 06:25 AM.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:27 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

NASA and sccca is mostly based off wheel to wheel racing. I belive they also have auto x but not sure bout that. They also have time trials like you said buts not that serious like time attac. Wheel to wheel racing is what you do in gran turismo. And time attack is you n es to go around the track with the fastest time to win.
NASA is very minimal on time attack. I think they only have it Arizona, I could b wrong. And SCCA has HPde events and smaller time trials. Time attack would be something like global time attack or world time attack. The areo and power levels are different from time attack to open wheel racing.
​​​​​​​
The following 5 users liked this post by s2000ellier:
Chibo (12-27-2017), freq (12-27-2017), InsaneSp (12-27-2017), LeonV (12-28-2017), Ricky_Flowers_ (12-28-2017)
Old 12-27-2017, 06:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
​​​​​​​hahahaha
Old 12-27-2017, 06:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Why do you post so much? You are the definition of fake news.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:29 AM

Received 101 Likes on 62 Posts

Just ignore this post. It is filled with incorrect information and is barely coherent.
The following 6 users liked this post by Sickdayracing:
Afterfire (12-27-2017), Bullwings (12-27-2017), eight (12-28-2017), freq (12-27-2017), LeonV (12-28-2017), Ricky_Flowers_ (12-28-2017) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-27-2017, 09:25 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Hondakid1
Those are actually next on my list. I want to get a Recaro pole position, harness and cage. Also in the very near future, brakes. If you go fast you need to stop fast.

seriously consider a "halo" type seat, electrical system cutoff, and fire system. The speeds at which you will eventually be going, really indicate the need to equip for maximum safety. Just like it was a wheel to wheel car. Things can happen that are out of your control
Old 12-27-2017, 09:31 AM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBarchetta

seriously consider a "halo" type seat, electrical system cutoff, and fire system. The speeds at which you will eventually be going, really indicate the need to equip for maximum safety. Just like it was a wheel to wheel car. Things can happen that are out of your control
Really easy to get complacent tracking cars versus other things since mistakes are generally non-issues, and when it does go wrong you still have metal around you. Completely agreed on what you're saying.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBarchetta

I really appreciate the advice. I didn't even think about that. I figured any issues would be my fault ultimately. May be to hard or expect to much of myself.

Anyway I'm going to try to keep all of this advice in mind going forward

Quick Reply: NASA vs SCCA