S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

OEM Fuel Tank setup to minimize fuel starve

Old 07-06-2011, 12:04 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't think the regulator is needed at all. There is a regulator on the fuel rail, so that make this one redundant.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Correct above, regular is not needed if you have one on the fuel rail.

The contained setup is nice, but you're going to pay >$500 after hoses and fittings to make it fit.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:02 PM

Agreed. But I do like less external hoses to deal with. And since they have AN fitting, less cost too. You said you were at 450, and I would bet the other solution would come in at 550 installed. Really short lines, tapping in at the tank connections, mounting this where the charcoal canister is located.

So now we are at 550 for a surge tank. For 800 more I get a fuel sell with surge tank.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99SH
Here's a quick diagram of the setup.

Being a newbie wrt anything related to fuel delivery, I have a couple questions:

• What is the blue item - filter?
  • I see the return from the surge tank to the OEM tank - that down pipe directed into the bowl?
  • I am a bit lost on the flow directions at the external pump - I see one from the TOP of the surge tank to the bottom of the external pump.... and I see one going from the bottom of the surge tank, through the regulator, and up into the external pump. What is the purpose of the line connecting the TOP of the surge tank to the external pump? Which direction dues fuel flow through the connecting line?
  • Where, exac tly, do you have the surge tank located?

Great job on the diagram. A pic would really help - the only time I *may* have seen the tank was when removing the trunk liners to install coil overs.... but wasn't paying any attention to tank back then.... Still have trunk liners in, so do not have any type of mental picture to reference.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Stratocaster
So now we are at 550 for a surge tank. For 800 more I get a fuel sell with surge tank.
what about labor for that job?
Old 07-07-2011, 04:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i tried the foam amd it didnt work.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by kleecker
Originally Posted by Stratocaster' timestamp='1309986160' post='20753036
what about labor for that job?
I do all the work on my car, with access to a full shop when needed. So I am labor. I give myself a huge discount too.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by kleecker
  • What is the blue item - filter?
  • I see the return from the surge tank to the OEM tank - that down pipe directed into the bowl?
  • I am a bit lost on the flow directions at the external pump - I see one from the TOP of the surge tank to the bottom of the external pump.... and I see one going from the bottom of the surge tank, through the regulator, and up into the external pump. What is the purpose of the line connecting the TOP of the surge tank to the external pump? Which direction dues fuel flow through the connecting line?
  • Where, exactly, do you have the surge tank located?

Great job on the diagram. A pic would really help - the only time I *may* have seen the tank was when removing the trunk liners to install coil overs.... but wasn't paying any attention to tank back then.... Still have trunk liners in, so do not have any type of mental picture to reference.
  • The Blue item is an adapter. It allows you to convert the OEM fuel line at the tank to -6AN
  • For all non-DBW cars, we already have a return. So you would just connect to the existing return line. Location is a mute point.
  • The flow in Out to fuel rail, in from Tank. So that line in question is the Feed line form the tank to the pump.

A pictures of the system would really show nothing at all. Mounting locations at best. The diagram is the best part.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:52 AM

• The flow in Out to fuel rail, in from Tank. So that line in question is the Feed line form the tank to the pump.
I think you are referring to the line which includes the regulator?

What about the one from the TOP of the surge tank to the the external pump - what's it's purpose?
Old 07-07-2011, 09:09 AM

Here is the flow added to the diagram.

Quick Reply: OEM Fuel Tank setup to minimize fuel starve