S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

OMP seat fitment ? With Halo?

Old 06-05-2019, 03:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am on an OMP HTE-R with PCI brackets. Best is to try the seat, may be snug for you.
If you need to move seat all the way back, you may need trim a bit to clear the transmission tunnel. I was able to get it in without trimming, but it made moving the seat difficult so I ended up trimming a bit off the hip bolster to clear the transmission tunnel.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

PCI brackets for the win

If you're set on HTER 400's, message will_powaa on instagram. He runs them on both sides.
https://www.instagram.com/will_powaa/

I'm running a Momo Daytona on the driver side with PCI slider mount and it touches the door when closed. Not horrible, worth living with to not cut.. but it's tight. I'm a little thin for the seat (32 waist - 5'10) and I have friends with 36 waists who fit in the car well. Compared to the HTER400, the Momo is a looser fit (It's not as tight around the mid-back but gets tight again the shoulders) I had regular HTER's in my last car and I loved them.. but couldn't get them to fit in the s2000.

OMP seat fitment ? With Halo?-yn2d95lm.jpg

Last edited by Vipertag313; 06-05-2019 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks for all the responses so far guys. id say keep them coming to help future guys out. I have an OMP rspt2 halo for my driver side and a OMP first r ordered. also PCI brackets for both sides. Ill definitely update back with you guys once they arrive and i test fit them. Hopefully all goes well. Car is 80% gutted with a hard dog bar and OEM hardtop so hopefully that help the cause.

Im just glad to be getting back to the track, had to take a 3 year hiatus due to kids and bring broke Unfortunatley after 3 years almost all servicing need done on the car.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:53 PM

Getting closer. So far had to dent in the trans tunnel some and seems to just kiss the door. Gonna wait for final Bolt in and test drive before I give my impression of how this particular seat works in a s2k
Old 06-15-2019, 08:53 PM

Received 72 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by postman
Getting closer. So far had to dent in the trans tunnel some and seems to just kiss the door. Gonna wait for final Bolt in and test drive before I give my impression of how this particular seat works in a s2k
I need to lose weight. That seat isnt wide enough for me and it barely fits LOL
Old 06-17-2019, 06:57 PM

im a 38 waist and its just snug in the hips and thighs. I need to lose weight to. ha
Old 07-13-2019, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same exact seat, had to bang the shit out of the trans tunnel to get it to fit properly because I could not close the door. Its a great seat especially for the price, the thigh supports are high enough to where I'll probably get a detachable steering wheel in the future because its hard to get in and out.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by KevinATL
I have the same exact seat, had to bang the shit out of the trans tunnel to get it to fit properly because I could not close the door. Its a great seat especially for the price, the thigh supports are high enough to where I'll probably get a detachable steering wheel in the future because its hard to get in and out.

Any pics of how you mounted the harnesses? Thinking my lower rear harness bar on the hard dog may be to low. I'm getting close but need to finish harnesses and get a wheel like you said. I'm almost tempted to trim the seat cushion some so that it doesn't raise my knees as high.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:00 AM

Old 07-15-2019, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Assuming we ordered the same hard dog bar, I just wrapped the harness around the lowered bar and its just fine. Takes a while to find the right length you need and to make sure both belts are even. I took the bottom seat cushion out completely, my knees were basically touching the steering wheel.

Quick Reply: OMP seat fitment ? With Halo?