S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Racebred Components - Introduction

Old 01-20-2019, 08:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dead Serious
What class/rule book is the aero built to?
Our splitters are completely customizable and can be produced for any rule book or competition.

Last edited by RacebredComponents; 01-20-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:52 AM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

Definitely interested in this. My trailer is not nice to having a splitter. I imagine the bumper can be left on if you install the pin from the inside?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:18 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
Definitely interested in this. My trailer is not nice to having a splitter. I imagine the bumper can be left on if you install the pin from the inside?
Seems like the design needs the two bolts to be tightened down after putting the splitter on, which is a shame. I didn't realize that until I saw the Instagram video above.

By using conical washers to help locate the splitter side of the mounts and using a dowel sized to the thickness of the mount to slide over tightly the entire thing could have been retained by just the pin, which would be placed on the opposite side as this design does.

edit: The other option would be to swap these mounts from side to side, that way you could get an electric ratchet in there, but that means you need to buy their mounts and make your own splitter or drill new holes in theirs.

Last edited by Chibo; 03-12-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Chibo
Seems like the design needs the two bolts to be tightened down after putting the splitter on, which is a shame. I didn't realize that until I saw the Instagram video above.
Those bolts would be easily accessible with my cordless Snap-On 3/8 impact, especially with the welded on nut.

Originally Posted by Chibo
By using conical washers to help locate the splitter side of the mounts and using a dowel sized to the thickness of the mount to slide over tightly the entire thing could have been retained by just the pin, which would be placed on the opposite side as this design does.
You could always retain it with the pin and use Loc-Tite to keep the bolts backing out.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:30 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
Those bolts would be easily accessible with my cordless Snap-On 3/8 impact, especially with the welded on nut.

You could always retain it with the pin and use Loc-Tite to keep the bolts backing out.
The point of it being quick release is that you wouldn't have to pull the front bumper, so if you have fender liners the design placing the captive nuts on the bumper opening side (versus outside of car) prevents you from getting anything in there. The loctite isn't a bad idea, but you'd still want conical washers since the washer would be able to move side to side without the splitter there, whereas a conical would push the washer out towards the nut as you pushed the splitter in.

Or am I thinking about this completely wrong?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:40 PM

You could still add a conical washer.

I like the idea of these mounts as I can snap it into place easily/quickly without help, and then zip the bolts on... provided these can be installed with everything accessible from the front opening of the car.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

what's the point of that quick release if the front bumper must be taken off?
Old 03-12-2019, 01:47 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by diabloAP1
I think he means reaching through the bumper opening. I personally have some mesh there to keep debris from going through my radiator.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:16 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by diabloAP1
yeah I don’t understand that
Old 03-12-2019, 03:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by freq
I think he means reaching through the bumper opening. I personally have some mesh there to keep debris from going through my radiator.
yeah, a stainless net is a must to protect radiator, which makes his quick release useless.

Quick Reply: Racebred Components - Introduction