S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

reman rear brake calipers

Old 05-07-2018, 02:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default reman rear brake calipers

Anyone have good experience with reman rear brake calipers like cardone ultra, power stop, etc. instead of buying oem seals or oem reman calipers for track duty. Been reading positive and negative stories about brands.

I may just end up rebuilding the rear calipers myself with seal kit and new piston (if needed) but since it is so cheap for the remanufactured ones I wanted to give a try.

I also felt a company doing the rebuild would clean and rebore the cylinder better than I could in my garage.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:43 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts
Talking

Rebuilding rears is a little more complicated than the fronts. Buy some remans, maybe even the Power Stop ones that are powdercoated, and be done with it.YMMV.

One of my rears was sticking, ( I had rebuilt and powdercoated them myself ) I bought some remans from Rock Auto and never looked back.

I now have the remanufactured, powdercoated PowerStops on the front and they were without issue this past weekend. I wasn't too excited about the red powdercoat but they held up and do add some color to my car.

Last edited by freq; 05-08-2018 at 04:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Xene (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by freq
Rebuilding rears is a little more complicated than the fronts. Buy some remans, maybe even the Power Stop ones that are powdercoated, and be done with it.YMMV.

One of my rears was sticking, ( I had rebuilt and powdercoated them myself ) I bought some remans from Rock Auto and never looked back.

I now have the remanufactured, powdercoated PowerStops on the front and they were without issue this past weekend. I wasn't too excited about the red powdercoat but they held up and do add some color to my car.
Good to know. I decided to just rebuild rears my self for learning process. In the future this is good to know though. Btw saw you and the other s2ks at NJMP this last weekend while driving through paddock. Nice to see a good s2k crowd competing in nasa. I also saw the famous youtuber jackieding doing a pass around thunderbolt paddock and checking out my car lol.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:41 PM

Received 101 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Xene
Good to know. I decided to just rebuild rears my self for learning process. In the future this is good to know though. Btw saw you and the other s2ks at NJMP this last weekend while driving through paddock. Nice to see a good s2k crowd competing in nasa. I also saw the famous youtuber jackieding doing a pass around thunderbolt paddock and checking out my car lol.
I was the red AP2 running with NASA at Lightning. I stayed in the rooms at Thunderbolt and saw your car parked out there in the morning. Looked great! Lets get you at some NASA events.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:20 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Xene
I was in my tow vehicle (black Chevy 2500HD) when you were coming off track, I yelled, " nice numbers".

As sickdatracing said, it'd be nice if we could all run with the same organizer. I don't see you on the NYST event list either.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by freq
I was in my tow vehicle (black Chevy 2500HD) when you were coming off track, I yelled, " nice numbers".

As sickdatracing said, it'd be nice if we could all run with the same organizer. I don't see you on the NYST event list either.
Yea I couldn’t make NYST, really wanted to but my schedule doesn’t allow since weekday.

That’s hilarious now I remember, I was confused at the time what 818 signified. I normally run with PCA or whatever club fits my schedule but I did chin that weekend since I enjoy thunderbolt more.

Next time will be on look out for nasa events.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:17 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I regret going with remanufactured calipers. I went with the Centric brand, or whatever it is, and they rusted completely and immediately. They refunded my money, but now I'm left with rusted calipers and not my original ones.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:31 PM

Received 344 Likes on 321 Posts

Should have painted them then perhaps ?
Old 05-12-2018, 05:10 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Mugen_is_best
I regret going with remanufactured calipers. I went with the Centric brand, or whatever it is, and they rusted completely and immediately. They refunded my money, but now I'm left with rusted calipers and not my original ones.
The remans podercoated by PowerStop and sold by Rock Auto have stood up to 3 days of TT very well. I know the red PC isnt for everyone and isn't necessarily my style but for OEM reliability , performance . looks and price they are hard to beat.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:10 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I've got Rock Auto reman on mine and they seem to be holding up fine which is nice, considering I use the brakes too much.

Quick Reply: reman rear brake calipers