S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Report from the Peru National Tour...

Old 06-30-2001, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Report from the Peru National Tour...

Well, I'm sitting .221 back from G.H. on the first day... I made a couple key mistakes on my last run and left about .5 seconds on the table. But tomorrow is another day, and it looks like the Saturday course will definitely favor the S2000 over the Boxster, while today's course definitely favored the Boxster. There were several sub-VTEC corners today, and I don't think there are any tomorrow!

For reference, the Z06 (John Ames) turned a 56.3xx, and he's winning SS by a ton over Mark Sipe (57.2xx). Rob Falkner in the Boxster S is struggling with a 58.8xx. G.H. has a 57.77x, and I have a 57.98x.

So G.H. in the Boxster 2.7 is 1.1-sec ahead of Rob in the Boxster S... but Rob is struggling with new shocks. Rob feels that a 57.7 was the best he could have run. Very interesting on the new classing debate. From today's results, the BoxsterS, Boxster 2.7 and S2000 should *all* be in the same class.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... these cars are all *VERY COURSE DEPENDANT* There are certain courses that equalize them, and others that allow one or the other to dominate. As the SEB, I'm not sure how you decide that. I've been having all sorts of interesting classing discussions this weekend... I'll post more in a later thread. Now, off to rest - I'll need it tomorrow!
Old 06-30-2001, 07:45 PM

They already posted the results!

http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nat_tour...ru/results.html
Old 07-01-2001, 11:51 AM

Jason:

Looks like all three of you are doing well. I'll you see at Road America next weekend. Good luck on the final day.
Old 07-01-2001, 01:10 PM

Looks like all three of you were in a good position going into today. Based on how I usually fair locally against the STL participants running in Peru, it looks like I'd be in the low 59's. Guess I'll have to put those national championship dreams on hold for another year. Grainger always raves about your aggressive driving style. Can't wait to see you run in person. I hope all of you did well today.
Old 07-02-2001, 02:48 AM

Just saw the final results. Nice job! All took home trophies.
Old 07-02-2001, 05:47 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Juliann took 1st in ASL!

Good job by all!
Old 07-02-2001, 06:47 AM
Banned

Way to go Team 3. Looks like it was a good weekend for you all with some good close racing!!

Keep up the good work.
Old 07-02-2001, 07:21 AM

Thanks all... it was a bit of a dissapointing weekend, however. Sunday's course should have favored our car, but for some reason the car wasn't working too well. Of course, I didn't drive my best, either... It was pretty much a combination of GH driving really well in a Boxster that was working *really* well, and me driving mediocre in a Mistress that wasn't working too well.

My guess is that I could have scored a high 109 second score, about .5 per day ahead of GH. There were some shock adjustments that we made on Sunday that actually hurt us... So if we had gotten those shock changes right it would have been different.

Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles.... I was definitely *not* sandbagging - just ask those that were around me when I came off my last run and didn't improve. I was extremely disappointed. I drove better on that run, but because we hurt the car (with the shocks) the time was the same. We'll get 'em next time. That's 4 times now that GH has finished ahead of me... Next time I won't go so easy on him!

At least Brad is driving much better, finishing in third with great times on Sunday. With him improving, we will get faster as a team because we'll be able to work together to set up the car, and push each other with times. And Juliann drove well to win ASL, and had some great learning breakthroughs. She'll be getting faster very quickly, and probably pushing Brad and I!

2 weeks to Wendover! Can't wait...
Old 07-02-2001, 10:38 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jason Saini
[B]I was definitely *not* sandbagging - just ask those that were around me when I came off my last run and didn't improve.
Old 07-02-2001, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brad-

Looks to me like your timing is perfect. You should reach your peak at the National Championship!!!

Hmmmmm maybe you are the sandbagger!!

Seriously though, great showing by all of you this weekend. I'm lookin' forward to bringin' up the rear next year.

Quick Reply: Report from the Peru National Tour...