S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Racing and Competition (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/)
-   -   Right turns loss of power (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/right-turns-loss-power-1172018/)

f20kills 04-24-2017 08:22 AM

Right turns loss of power

Loss of power. Feels like a miss fire. Yes I know about right turns and proper valve cover venting and Ive done a lot of different configurations lol

So my car only does this on right turns, not on left. My car is 2.4 13:1 motor and I've done the valve cover mod. My catch can is connected at both factory vents and vents to the atmosphere through one catch can. Nothing recirculates to the intake mani. If I have less oil in the motor, the car does not do it a often or as pronounced. Half quart low.

Any ideas? Maybe not even oil related...fuel pressure? Too much compression? Should I have it recirculate to the mani?

Open to any ideas..thanks!

f20kills 04-24-2017 08:26 AM

BTW...My car never did this before the 2.4 swap. 2.2 I had no issues.
its been like this day one when I put this motor in.

anorexicpoodle 04-24-2017 08:37 AM

How significant is the power loss? Does it feel like it does when it ingests oil, or more like fuel cut?

f20kills 04-24-2017 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by anorexicpoodle (Post 24195023)
How significant is the power loss? Does it feel like it does when it ingests oil, or more like fuel cut?

More like when it ingests oil. Feels like its down on power pretty good. Definitely not fuel cut. In the cooler weather too it seems like its not so bad.
I was thinking maybe spark plug gap but it doesn't seem to do it on left turns...so Im lost lol

s2000Junky 04-24-2017 09:08 AM

Weird. Still seems like oil getting in the combustion chamber. I've never had this issue on any of my motors so I'm probably not the most experienced at troubleshooting this one. But if consumption is severe enough for the engine to bog, id think there would be some signs present, either a cloud of blue smoke behind you or some oil contamination signs on your plugs. Both of which can be a hard chase since you cant just pull over mid apex to pull a plug and see, and unless its a hug cloud, you are not usually going to see it, but the guy behind you might if your so lucky to talk to him.

f20kills 04-24-2017 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky (Post 24195045)
Weird. Still seems like oil getting in the combustion chamber. I've never had this issue on any of my motors so I'm probably not the most experienced at troubleshooting this one. But if consumption is severe enough for the engine to bog, id think there would be some signs present, either a cloud of blue smoke behind you or some oil contamination signs on your plugs. Both of which can be a hard chase since you cant just pull over mid apex to pull a plug and see, and unless its a hug cloud, you are not usually going to see it, but the guy behind you might if your so lucky to talk to him.

Yeah..it seems like oil is getting in there but I dont have oil consumption and no smoke which is weird. I track with my buds and they've never seem me blow smoke while behind me.

s2000Junky 04-24-2017 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by f20kills (Post 24195054)
Yeah..it seems like oil is getting in there but I dont have oil consumption and no smoke which is weird. I track with my buds and they've never seem me blow smoke while behind me.

How do your plugs look?

Mrsideways 04-24-2017 11:08 AM

Clearly your Motec is cutting power for traction control.
:LOL:

f20kills 04-24-2017 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky (Post 24195155)
How do your plugs look?

Last time I checked them, perfect. No oil, not too dark, not too light.
Ill pull them again to double check just to be sure. Ill measure the gap too.

s2000ellier 04-24-2017 11:08 AM

turn on your data logging and check if you are logging a misfire

lateral load causing a wire to ground/short leading to misfire?