S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Sakebomb Garage Designed AP Racing Competition Front Big Brake Kit

Old 04-12-2016, 11:57 PM
Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by pgss2k
Brake pad buyers guide:
*Brake pads for this caliper are readily available from nearly every pad manufacturer. As pad choice varies greatly depending on personal preference, application, and desired cost, we decided not to include pads to reduce the total cost as one pad obviously can not fit all racing applications. To see a list of commonly used pads please visit the following Link. We are able to source many other pads such as Performance Friction, Ferrodo, Hawk, and Endless.

No link for pad options?

Originally Posted by haga888
Is a Fitment template available?
Coming very soon! Should have something for you guys tomorrow =)
Old 04-14-2016, 02:39 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by haga888
Is a Fitment template available?
Hey guys,
Sorry for the delay. Here's the fitment template. Let us know if you have any questions!

http://sakebombgarage.com/content/S2...20Template.PDF
Old 04-14-2016, 03:54 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by SakeBomb Garage
Originally Posted by SlowTeg' timestamp='1460465585' post='23935496
A local has the AP racing kit offered by another vendor here, and I gotta say the 299mm rotors just look too small imo. I guess I'm a ricer at heart..? Compared to the stoptech kit the rotors look small. I get why they did it because they didn't want to shift the bias forward, but a bigger rotor certainly looks better. The extra 1" makes a big difference.
That's what she said!

Yeah it's not just you, we've had comments from our S2K 299mm customers complaining about the looks. It wasn't the impetus for making this kit at all, but it was a nice side benefit.

Back to our original point though, bigger is always better right?

A fair comparison would be the ST Trophy kit. The standard ST40 caliper setup is probably close to half the cost of these AP ones...
Old 04-15-2016, 04:52 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
Originally Posted by SakeBomb Garage' timestamp='1460505908' post='23936296
[quote name='SlowTeg' timestamp='1460465585' post='23935496']
A local has the AP racing kit offered by another vendor here, and I gotta say the 299mm rotors just look too small imo. I guess I'm a ricer at heart..? Compared to the stoptech kit the rotors look small. I get why they did it because they didn't want to shift the bias forward, but a bigger rotor certainly looks better. The extra 1" makes a big difference.
That's what she said!

Yeah it's not just you, we've had comments from our S2K 299mm customers complaining about the looks. It wasn't the impetus for making this kit at all, but it was a nice side benefit.

A fair comparison would be the ST Trophy kit. The standard ST40 caliper setup is probably close to half the cost of these AP ones...
[/quote]
Oh absolutely, they're in a different league cost wise. The standard Stoptech calipers themselves are just so insanely heavy, we couldn't see a functional reason why... but that said, we've never weighed the Trophy kit so I can't say on that front.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:13 AM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Oh absolutely, they're in a different league cost wise. The standard Stoptech calipers themselves are just so insanely heavy, we couldn't see a functional reason why... but that said, we've never weighed the Trophy kit so I can't say on that front.
Trophy kit isn't much lighter compared to the normal ST40. Maybe around 1lb lighter per caliper. https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/834...bbk-installed/
Old 04-16-2016, 11:22 AM

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Isn't the stoptech caliper based on/a copy of a porsche brembo caliper? I'm not sure why Brembo made it so heavy but I've seen some other porsche calipers and they hardly look lightweight either..

Either way you can't go wrong with either one in my book (especially at their respective prices). Both are leaps and bounds better than the oem brakes it's like arguing if you'd rather have a 16" or 17" schlong.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:03 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

I don't know that it is based on a Porsche Brembo caliper other than that it accepts that pad shape.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:34 AM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg' timestamp='1460465585' post='23935496
That's what she said!

You're missing the pad hold/bridge in the AP caliper, which would put the AP calipers closer to the weight of the STs. But even then, that's unsprung weight that isn't rotating. While I'm sure that'll help with marketing (AP calipers are more than 5lbs lighter!), but is insignificant in the real world.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:23 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Driven
Originally Posted by SakeBomb Garage' timestamp='1460505908' post='23936296
[quote name='SlowTeg' timestamp='1460465585' post='23935496']
That's what she said!

You're missing the pad hold/bridge in the AP caliper, which would put the AP calipers closer to the weight of the STs. But even then, that's unsprung weight that isn't rotating. While I'm sure that'll help with marketing (AP calipers are more than 5lbs lighter!), but is insignificant in the real world.
[/quote]
We're not here to help marketing... we sell Stoptech/Centric parts, but I'll flat out say that Stoptech is sub par to AP. The caliper weight is just one example of many, but I'm using it to illustrate a point. Stoptech is a bargain brand, you're not getting a premium product with their cheap line, and their parts are all made cheaply in China. And look into ring replacement costs, and pad thickness/prices... it's not cheap, where AP is pretty darn affordable.

Name:  F4B46E9D-37D8-4A27-A909-C6B5F9DDE733_zpstaftujg9.jpg
Views: 3751
Size:  150.9 KB
Old 04-19-2016, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Test car running the TC105N in 17x9 +49 on the front by chance? I now the Urge kit clears this wheel but barely, recommended running at least a 2mm spacer.

Quick Reply: Sakebomb Garage Designed AP Racing Competition Front Big Brake Kit