S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Seat belt assistance, please...

Old 05-05-2017, 02:13 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Here's mine

It worked for the following:
My friends ap1
My ap2
My friends ap1/ap2 Frankenstein
My friends na2 NSX
Attached Thumbnails Seat belt assistance, please...-photo247.jpg   Seat belt assistance, please...-photo496.jpg   Seat belt assistance, please...-photo956.jpg  
Old 05-05-2017, 02:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And here is the text of the email I received from SBEP telling me that they do not make one for this seat belt design: (and trying to up-sell me on something I definitely do not need)

Hello, Ian:

Thank you so much for your message.
We are familiar with this metal tongue design. Unfortunately, there is not an extender available on the market for this seat belt. I know that is not the news you were hoping to hear, and I'm so sorry to have to share it.
Since you were looking to extend the seat belt in your front seats, you may want to consider our Bolt-in Extender. It comes with simple installation instructions and adds 13 inches of extra, retractable seat belt length to your seat belt. You can learn more here:
SBEP: Bolt-in Permanent Car Seat Belt Extender

Is there perhaps another seat location you need an extender for? Or another vehicle?

Please let me know if I can help in any other way.

Warmest wishes,
Vikki
Does yours match or have any of the following markings on the back: "R1", "Ar4m", "E4" in a circle (I'm pretty sure this is the buckle type), and then a series of seven numbers that probably won't match
Old 05-05-2017, 03:34 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kIan
And here is the text of the email I received from SBEP telling me that they do not make one for this seat belt design: (and trying to up-sell me on something I definitely do not need)

Does yours match or have any of the following markings on the back: "R1", "Ar4m", "E4" in a circle (I'm pretty sure this is the buckle type), and then a series of seven numbers that probably won't match
Dunno, I will check when I go check on my cars.

Their site has certainly gotten more complicated over the years, I have had this setup for about 5 years. They have certainly added enough permutations to confuse people.

Grab a black, 7" regular extension for the front seat

Sure 7" maybe a tad long, I would have been thrilled to get perhaps a 4" extension - I guess these things were meant for fat people.

PS I generally don't send emails to customer support; at best I get an honest answer like "I don't know", more than likely my email got forwarded to some ass backwards third world south east asian crap hole that frustrates me as I have to try interpret some canned response.

I hate dealing with the JDM companies the most.

Last edited by gptoyz; 05-06-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by gptoyz
Grab a black, 7" regular extension for the front seat
This is what I have that doesn't work. I went to a pick and pull the other day and got 2g Eclipse rear receivers. I have yet to mount them but they clip in and look like they'll be the right-ish length, maybe a little short. At this point, I'm only trying to help other people find the answer because I've spent too much money trying to figure this out.
Knowing that the 2g Eclipse and 5g 626 rears works, I'm thinking ordering extenders from SBEP for one of those vehicles would be the right answer.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:12 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

After looking around a bit, I went ahead and ordered the AP1 seatbelt extender from Ballade Sports. Hint: I called him due to a $15.99 shipping cost while checking out online, and let him know I thought that was a bit steep for a seatbelt extender given it's weight and all. He reduced the cost of shipping to $8. I know it's a pricey item. Total out the door price was $58. But hey, I needed a fix. I will update once I get it, and try it out.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Kirk180
After looking around a bit, I went ahead and ordered the AP1 seatbelt extender from Ballade Sports......I will update once I get it, and try it out.
Please do. As I stated earlier in the thread I'm now running the 2g Eclipse rears and they work but they're just too damn short for anyone other than myself to use. (read: I'm a small guy) So, yeah, I would like a better fitting solution.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by s2kIan
Please do. As I stated earlier in the thread I'm now running the 2g Eclipse rears and they work but they're just too damn short for anyone other than myself to use. (read: I'm a small guy) So, yeah, I would like a better fitting solution.
Got it in today. I don't have the time to install it right now. But I did go snap it in, and it worked perfectly. Eyeball test says the length should be good. I'll update once its put on, and attach a pic
Old 05-22-2017, 02:06 PM

It works. Got it done real quick. Wasn't as involved as I thought it would be. Thought I would have to take the seat back out. Works out pretty good with the Buddy Club mounted spot. The length looks similar to the previous guys set up posted with pics in here above. Maybe his sticks out a little further. Hard to tell for sure. Anyway, if you find a more affordable way to do it, have at it. I'm just happy it's on and it works fine. Took me a whole 5 minutes to reroute the belt and the latch snaps in nice a secure with my MY01.

Name:  AP1Belt2.jpg
Views: 4174
Size:  72.5 KB
Only downside is that you do kind of sit against it, or on it, when first getting in. But it's way better than what I was dealing with before.

Name:  AP1Belt1.jpg
Views: 2448
Size:  71.8 KB
On the other hand, if the length were any shorter it seems it would be a pressure spot on my hip while taking corners on the track. So I think the positioning is more than likely as good as it gets.

Last edited by Kirk180; 05-22-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:31 PM

So, your factory receiver is still mounted, correct? Can you take and post a picture of the receiver/extension on the seat please? I'd like to see what's going on there.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:12 PM

Yes it is. It's in the Buddy Club rail location as opposed to the OEM mount spot; but I'm still using the OEM receiver. I'm busy now and I work all day tomorrow. I can try to take a pic tomorrow night. It's tight down there. But I'm sure I can give you an idea.

Last edited by Kirk180; 05-22-2017 at 04:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Seat belt assistance, please...