S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Seat options

Old 10-05-2017, 12:08 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirk180
Disregarding the halo and hans...I don't think I know of any HPDE's that allow you to run a harness without your passenger having one on as well. Perhaps you were already planning this and I missed it above. But just for the sake of clarifying, I'm pretty sure that's common practice. Basically, the driver isn't allowed to use what the passenger can't. Meaning you'd be forced to run a lap belt any time someone was in the car with you. Long story short, I'd spring for a second set of harnesses.
how many people have you instructed who had a Hans? Again, I would never have a passenger in a harness or myself for that matter without the use of a Hans. I am not debating if groups are ok with it or not, but for my own personal standards I would simply not have a passenger or use OEM belts on the driver.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:29 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bgoetz
how many people have you instructed who had a Hans? Again, I would never have a passenger in a harness or myself for that matter without the use of a Hans. I am not debating if groups are ok with it or not, but for my own personal standards I would simply not have a passenger or use OEM belts on the driver.

As far as instructing goes, you already know my background. What my post was implying is that you can't place yourself in a harnessed seat and have your passenger sit in a seat with an OEM 3 point. That's all I was saying. If you have a 3 point passenger then you have to roll in a 3 point belt as well...which kind of brings it back around to my first reply.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kirk180
As far as instructing goes, you already know my background. What my post was implying is that you can't place yourself in a harnessed seat and have your passenger sit in a seat with an OEM 3 point. That's all I was saying. If you have a 3 point passenger then you have to roll in a 3 point belt as well...which kind of brings it back around to my first reply.
Sure you can, it depends on the group your driving with some specify it needs to be the same others don't. But what I am saying is no one is getting in my car and wearing a harness if they don't have a Hans. How many people ever ride in my car or yours who own a Hans? So now your left with 3 options for events that have that rule:

1) both use OEM restraints
2) have a passenger harness AND spare Hans & helmet
3) don't have passengers

I am not buying both a passenger harness AND a second Hans & helmet to accommodate a passenger, so I will go with options 1&3 if I want to have a passenger and it is an event that has that rule. That said, I am guessing most events would understand the logic of not wanting to have a harnessed passenger without a Hans.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:58 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

sparco.it anyone?
Old 10-06-2017, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by RedCelica
sparco.it anyone?
Is there a way to look at that in English/USD? How is ordering from there?
Old 10-06-2017, 12:17 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Is there a way to look at that in English/USD? How is ordering from there?
Yes. Top right of their website you can change the language to English.

Google will help you with the $$ conversion.

I used Sparco.it for all of my seats, harnesses, steering wheel, shoes and gloves.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:00 PM

Doesn't seem like much of a savings with the exchange rate
Old 10-07-2017, 04:31 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Doesn't seem like much of a savings with the exchange rate
You'll need the 15% off code that was offered.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by freq
You'll need the 15% off code that was offered.
Ahh, ok that sounds better! And you guys are sure the EVO II fits? I just ran into a guy @ the track who said they didn't.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:16 AM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Ahh, ok that sounds better! And you guys are sure the EVO II fits? I just ran into a guy @ the track who said they didn't.
If you were in the Chicagoland area I'd let you sit in mine so you can see how well the EVO II's fit.
It's not the best fit but it works for me.

Quick Reply: Seat options