S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Seats, sliders and rails..oh my.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats, sliders and rails..oh my.

Hello all. I've read almost every thread on s2ki regarding seats, sliders, rails etc. I'm kind of on information overload right now. I was hoping someone could help me out.

Im looking for a set of racing seats for the 2010 season. I've pretty much decided that I want to go with the Sparco Evos or Bride Zeta seats (though i'd like to hear suggestions). I want something single piece.

I'm a really tiny guy, 5'6", 110lbs, which is making it hard to research which rails to get. It seems like most of the threads are people asking how to LOWER the seats. This is the last thing I want to do. I'd like to at least keep the stock seat height, or maybe even raise it 1" or so. I have the harddog roll bar installed to give me a lot more clearance so this shouldn't be a problem with my height.

I was also thinking of maybe keeping the passenger side lower in case I have a taller instructor.

Can anyone help me decide which rails to get? Like I said, i've read so many different things here that my head is spinning.

Finally, if anyone could recommend a reputable place to buy them, that would be great. I need them installed before march 1st

thanks!
Old 01-31-2010, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By the rails that fit your seat. If you want to add height, bottom mounts can do that, but with less (no) adjustability.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:55 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My wife is shorter and lighter than you. She fits in a Sparco Evo with standard rails.

Built into the side of the bucket are vertical adjuster holes. It won't be too low for you, I promise.

You can mount the passenger seat without a slider rail and that gives maximum headroom for the passenger.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Former Moderator

One thing to note: depending on your proportions, you may not be able to comfortably reach the pedals while strapped in the back of the bucket. The Sparco rails don't slide forward as far as OEM seats.

We had our speed shop modify the rails forward ~2 inches so she has full adjustability.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Former Moderator

Also at the settings we use, the seat is probably a good inch or two higher than stock.

That's the beauty of a real race shop with welding skills. They make your car YOURS. If they can weld roll cages, they can do this kind of light fab work.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:39 PM

Thanks! That's really helpful.

Do I need to get this special "base" along with the side mounts?

http://www.sparcousa.com/pseats_acc.asp?id=537

and should I buy the "static" side mounts:

http://www.sparcousa.com/pseats_acc.asp?id=155

or the adjustable ones?

http://www.sparcousa.com/pseats_acc.asp?id=152
Old 02-01-2010, 12:16 AM

Keep in mind the Bride seats are not FIA certified.

A recent, relevant thread in the NY Metro forum:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=762280

To anyone else looking at seat rails, the BuddyClub Super Lowdown seatrails aren't worth the money. The welds holding the mounting brackets to the sliders break off:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=703146
Old 02-01-2010, 05:41 AM
Former Moderator

Yes on "special base" both sides.
Track slider on driver's side.
We use static sides. They look sturdier to me. The seats and rails are so tight in the cockpit that I'm not sure there'd be clearance for the adjustable ones.

Note that you can't really use the 3-pt belts at all once you go to a race seat.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:00 AM

Thanks again CKit, much appreciated.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by LostShootingStar,Jan 31 2010, 08:01 PM
Hello all. I've read almost every thread on s2ki regarding seats, sliders, rails etc. I'm kind of on information overload right now. I was hoping someone could help me out.

Im looking for a set of racing seats for the 2010 season. I've pretty much decided that I want to go with the Sparco Evos or Bride Zeta seats (though i'd like to hear suggestions). I want something single piece.

I'm a really tiny guy, 5'6", 110lbs, which is making it hard to research which rails to get. It seems like most of the threads are people asking how to LOWER the seats. This is the last thing I want to do. I'd like to at least keep the stock seat height, or maybe even raise it 1" or so. I have the harddog roll bar installed to give me a lot more clearance so this shouldn't be a problem with my height.

I was also thinking of maybe keeping the passenger side lower in case I have a taller instructor.

Can anyone help me decide which rails to get? Like I said, i've read so many different things here that my head is spinning.

Finally, if anyone could recommend a reputable place to buy them, that would be great. I need them installed before march 1st

thanks!
The Sparco Rev + will fit you fine and is about the smallest FIA approved seat available. Sparco makes a seat base and double lock slider that all bolts directly in. The seat wing will not rub on the doors.

Quick Reply: Seats, sliders and rails..oh my.