S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

STR Prep - ECU and Tuning Discusson

Old 08-09-2012, 08:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-09-2012, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by an2ny
Who is Rad's friend? Brian K from Karcepts?
Yeah, I thought it was odd to keep mentioning "Rad's friend". If he wants to remain anonymous, they why say anything? <scratching my head>
Old 08-09-2012, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by daverx7
Originally Posted by an2ny' timestamp='1344516473' post='21924157
Who is Rad's friend? Brian K from Karcepts?
Yeah, I thought it was odd to keep mentioning "Rad's friend". If he wants to remain anonymous, they why say anything? <scratching my head>
He's "anonymous" for now, unless you've already caught onto who it is(which may not be too hard to figure out by previous posts), only because he is very busy and doesn't all of a sudden want an influx of emails asking "can you help me with code Pxxxx" from a half dozen of us. He is still working out kinks with codes and other things and is hard at work at writing up the EMU document that he will share with all, for everyone's benefit. Once he posts this, he will obviously no longer be anonymous. and yes the influx of emails to him may start at that point anyway(I can't speak to how him and his business will be assisting the EMU community going forward once he's no longer anonymous, obviously not up to me), but at least by that point he should have been done figuring all the last remaining issues(codes), which I believe from his latest email to me last night, he may have just figured it out, at least for AP2v1 owners such as myself. He's been helping Josh out (because he wants to see what the difference is with an AP1) and I believe he's helped Josh resolve a few issues with his map, settings and even the harness being wired wrong.

Last point. One of the reasons why I brought up the fact that I am being helped by him and he is making great progress is because I know a couple of EMU owners were just about to kick their EMU to the curb(Josh?). So it was sort of like a "wait...don't do that yet, there's still hope...hang on".

Hope this makes sense.

Last he mentioned to me, he's almost done with the EMU knowledge dump he's going to be posting on S2ki. And last I heard it was at around 4 pages long so far. The 4 pages may be a rough draft and final version may be less than 4 pages, so don't now go expecting 4 pages and if he posts only 2 pages say "I thought it was going to be about 4 pages".

Yes I had to say that, because this is the interwebz and you can't please everyone

--Rad
Old 08-09-2012, 09:44 AM

Because I don't want to take credit for something when in reality it's someone else that's solving all the issues, not me. I'm just reporting my findings incase anyone else is having the same issues they can see how I fixed it. Can't say who it is though atleast not right now. It will be released soon hopefully with a write up on everything pertaining to the emanage.

I can stop updating this if you want? I rather share fixes to issues then not share and someone else have the same issues.

Kind of like when I offered to share my launch control setting that I spent time to come up with that work perfectly for ckrscca's local lots. Sharing is caring, I rather make everyone as fast as possible and out drive them then with hold adantages and only be faster then someone because I know something they dont. IE- ideal launch control setting for a specific lot/temp.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:00 AM

This is only my opinion....

Believe me, I think it is great to share the fix and to give credit where credit is due. It's just an odd way of communicating it.

I guess I'm saying that I'm not sure if the "play by play" is necessary... that is unless you two are needing the collaboration of the group. I'm glad you guys are making progress, and I look forward to this issue being resolved and everyone has the answer on how to fix it.

-Dave
Old 08-09-2012, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by daverx7
This is only my opinion....

Believe me, I think it is great to share the fix and to give credit where credit is due. It's just an odd way of communicating it.

I guess I'm saying that I'm not sure if the "play by play" is necessary... that is unless you two are needing the collaboration of the group. I'm glad you guys are making progress, and I look forward to this issue being resolved and everyone has the answer on how to fix it.

-Dave
What "play by play"?
If I were doing "play by play" there'd be a heck of a lot more posts from me since he started helping me out back at the beginning of July through Present. I believe all I've said is that someone has been helping me out with my EMU and is making great progress(I posted my graph and a video) and a knowledge dump will happen soon, within the next few days I believe.

I guess I could've just started my "play by play" by saying that I am the one figuring all of this out instead of saying "someone is".

It may be an odd way but it was either this way or not saying anything whatsoever and risk some possibly ditching their EMU's within this time (July - Present).

Anyway, all in good fun Dave, I respect your opinion.

--Rad
Old 08-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Hey guys, this is Rad's anonymous friend here... lol I think this is getting blown out of proportions... In no way am I trying to be anonymous, so it's all good. I know those I've been helping have simply respected my privacy and know I'm a busy person and are just trying to let me work in peace while figuring this EMU stuff out. Anyway, I have a business to run right now, but I'll be back on later once I've consolidated a write-up which I plan to post on this thread to share my experiences.

Talk to you guys soon... -Brian Karwan
Old 08-09-2012, 10:34 AM

And there you have it.

Thanks
Old 08-09-2012, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Karcepts
Hey guys, this is Rad's anonymous friend here... lol I think this is getting blown out of proportions... In no way am I trying to be anonymous, so it's all good. I know those I've been helping have simply respected my privacy and know I'm a busy person and are just trying to let me work in peace while figuring this EMU stuff out. Anyway, I have a business to run right now, but I'll be back on later once I've consolidated a write-up which I plan to post on this thread to share my experiences.

Talk to you guys soon... -Brian Karwan
LOL. Yeah, I've been in close contact with Brian for a quite a while too. We live in the same town. He actually pieced a lot of loose ends together that PTuning should have but didn't. Brian will explain everything. I think he is smart to do it right all at once (unlike how I piecemeal disseminated things in the PTuning thread). Brian is meticulous and attentive. He is also seems to be finally seeing the "STR light" and simmering back from his "other" class he used to run in LOL. Brian will be an incredible asset to us STR S2000 guys along the lines of R. Rockefeller and all the others here who are attentive, intelligent, and contribute to the whole.

Just give Brian a little time..believe me on this one..
Old 08-09-2012, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by NFRad
What "play by play"?

...snip...

Anyway, all in good fun Dave, I respect your opinion.

--Rad
Rad,

I definitely wasn't saying you were doing the play by play but was directed to Josh, so if it came across that way, my apologies.

We all have our own approaches of doing things, I just frequently differ from Josh, so I was just bustin' on him a little.

The net/net of it is.... I think it's great you guys are making big progress on getting to the bottom of this odd bird of an ECU/piggyback, and hope it finally gets squashed. Plus, I appreciate the willingness of sharing the hard work that you guys put into it with the community. IMO, that's what makes S2KI/S2000 owners different than most. Whoever is brains of this operation, will get my business, of course where it is appropriate. They deserve it!

Sorry for the distraction of actually getting work done/figured out.

-Dave

Quick Reply: STR Prep - ECU and Tuning Discusson