S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Racing and Competition (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/)
-   -   Subaru BRZ (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/subaru-brz-968713/)

FurY 07-27-2012 12:51 PM

Anxious to hear your review sir :thumbup:

adrs2k 07-28-2012 06:11 AM

Glad to see you "official post up". :thumbup:

Biff_Malibu 07-28-2012 09:35 PM

I believe I saw your car today at Extremespeed Streets event. Looked very nice. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the car.

viK 07-29-2012 12:13 AM

Saw u on the track mike

dan_uk 07-29-2012 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by PedalFaster (Post 21893686)

Originally Posted by dan_uk' timestamp='1343392459' post='21893248
it looked horrible, huge understeer like like a FWD car with no diff squeal of death from the front tires.

I guess its something you can tune out pretty easily but the lack power is a dissapointment.

"Huge" understeer is generally the driver's fault, but yeah, it pushes in stock form, at least on an autocross course. My understanding is that there are available camber bolts which bump the front camber up to ~1.5 degrees. The power is pretty feeble, but in its defense, it's roughly comparable to that of the Miata, which is really the car's main competitor.

its a shame its competing with the miata realy and they didn't give it more power.
I think I'd have a hard time choosing this car over a NA Genesis Coupe, can't say enough good things about that car!

Squirtle 07-29-2012 07:28 AM

Car looks nice. I'm still not sold on the interior but from Mike and the few other friends who drove it - it appears it is a great cornering car.

Mike was fighting mega understeer from what he told me. Gauging from laptimes it looks to be a Miata competitor.

Bullwings 07-29-2012 11:19 AM

Yeah, way too much understeer (typical subaru...), and the tires started chunking. I left before he ran in the night sessions and mounted the star specs. I'm not sure how he did then.

Also, he was definitely complaining about the lack of power.

FYI, for everyone else, ambient air temps were 97-98F. I'm assuming on track temps were around 10-15 degrees hotter.

That's the short quick summary I got. He's out there again today. We'll see what he says in the official write up.

Squirtle 07-29-2012 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwings (Post 21897457)
Yeah, way too much understeer (typical subaru...), and the tires started chunking. I left before he ran in the night sessions and mounted the star specs. I'm not sure how he did then.

FYI, for everyone else, ambient air temps were 97-98F. I'm assuming on track temps were around 10-15 degrees hotter.

That's the short quick summary I got. He's out there again today. We'll see what he says in the official write up.

Which car were you in? I only remember 2 NFR both had wings, one on white re30 and another that Im not too sure what he was running. lol

I was in the black on red AP1. Not sure I ran into you :(

Bullwings 07-29-2012 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Squirtle (Post 21897894)

Originally Posted by Bullwings' timestamp='1343589552' post='21897457

Which car were you in? I only remember 2 NFR both had wings, one on white re30 and another that Im not too sure what he was running. lol

I found the other Ameer (or Ameir??) in the blue miata... :banghead:

I was in the NFR AP2 on black 949 6ulr with the GTC-200 wing parked next to the wall by track exit (first time running with a wing and non-stag setup. it was fun. I'm just gonna finish off the S2K challenge in stock class. Can't wait to run this setup with a real set of tires more often).

Lots of S2000s, I was expecting you to be in a NFR S2k... hehe

I guess I'm just going to have to catch you some other time.

BTW, Mike came within 5 second's of Pobst's time if you take into account that it was around 30-35F hotter on Sat versus when Pobst did the testing. Lets see what he has to say after he mounted up the Z1SS and running at night.

Squirtle 07-29-2012 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwings (Post 21897934)

Originally Posted by Squirtle' timestamp='1343607404' post='21897894
[quote name='Bullwings' timestamp='1343589552' post='21897457']

I found the other Ameer (or Ameir??) in the blue miata... :banghead:

I was in the NFR AP2 on black 949 6ulr with the GTC-200 wing parked next to the wall by track exit (first time running with a wing and non-stag setup. it was fun. I'm just gonna finish off the S2K challenge in stock class. Can't wait to run this setup with a real set of tires more often).

Lots of S2000s, I was expecting you to be in a NFR S2k... hehe

I guess I'm just going to have to catch you some other time.

BTW, Mike came within 5 second's of Pobst's time if you take into account that it was around 30-35F hotter on Sat versus when Pobst did the testing. Lets see what he has to say after he mounted up the Z1SS and running at night.
[/quote]

Lol but on paper he didn't come within 5. :LOL:

I remember your car now. Not sure if I saw you driving out there though. It could've been the other guy lol.

What size are your 949 wheels and how come you aren't running this setup more often? I walked past your car in the pits and all I was thinking was "I hope those arent 17x9 and 17x10" out of jealousy.