S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Tein SRC's compared

Old 10-28-2014, 12:50 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

I still want to see lap times and video from anorexic poodle as well. I could care less about dyne plots if I don't have any idea how that translates to real world use.

And I really want to see Rob's 1'59.9 lap!
Old 10-28-2014, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by SHG_Mike
Raising coilovers height on a given corner will actually increase the weight on that corner
Wait looking back into it now I feel like everything I have ever read about rake is wrong. Is there some good explanations out there on ride height rake and balance?
Old 10-28-2014, 01:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Rake is different that corner balancing. Raising one corner will increase the weight at that corner (and the diagonal). But raising the whole rear of a car equally on both sides (rake) will not change the weight and it will actually lead to slightly more oversteer. This is mostly due to geometry changes.

Check out post 4:

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo...bout-rake.html
Old 10-28-2014, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by ndogg
Rake is different that corner balancing. Raising one corner will increase the weight at that corner (and the diagonal). But raising the whole rear of a car equally on both sides (rake) will not change the weight and it will actually lead to slightly more oversteer. This is mostly due to geometry changes.

Check out post 4:

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo...bout-rake.html
Thanks that is what I always had been told and had assumed.

So I guess my question to maxrev remains. The car was raised or lowered in the rear? Raising it seems counter-intuitive to me.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After three years racing in Japan, I've decided to join the less spring and more (ish) bump crowd.

I have Koni 8242 with digressive bump.

I crushed guys on wet days and at least not far behind the locals on dry days, with less spring, less tire and more weight.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to Andrew,

on his post Rob states:

"The rear was raised by 3 turns to compensate for the “non-staggered” setup and to give it a slight rake towards the front"
Old 10-28-2014, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by helothere
to Andrew,

on his post Rob states:

"The rear was raised by 3 turns to compensate for the “non-staggered” setup and to give it a slight rake towards the front"
Yeah I took that is meaning, the rear was raised higher than the front by 3 turns to give the car a slight rake to the front, which would increase oversteer if I am not mistaken? In a setup that is more prone to oversteer with the additional front grip. That is why I asked, I don't understand how that would compensate for non-staggered setup.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And if it is 3 turns, it would be only a few mm to give a very slight rake instead of drastic rake towards to the front which is more of a text book racing style i have been told.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:11 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by helothere' timestamp='1414549079' post='23386278
to Andrew,

on his post Rob states:

Yeah I took that is meaning, the rear was raised higher than the front by 3 turns to give the car a slight rake to the front, which would increase oversteer if I am not mistaken? In a setup that is more prone to oversteer with the additional front grip. That is why I asked, I don't understand how that would compensate for non-staggered setup.
It compensates for the difference in rake. with a set coilover height, when you go from staggered to non staggered the rake of the car will change (the front will be higher with non staggered vs staggered)
Old 10-29-2014, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by afzan
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1414551759' post='23386311
[quote name='helothere' timestamp='1414549079' post='23386278']
to Andrew,

on his post Rob states:

It compensates for the difference in rake. with a set coilover height, when you go from staggered to non staggered the rake of the car will change (the front will be higher with non staggered vs staggered)
[/quote]

That would make sense if it actually was a matter of just evening out the ride height due to the differences in front tire heights, but that isn't the case. It sounds as if the car was specifically setup with higher rear ride height for the non-staggered setup, but maybe that's not the case. It's not like the car was setup for staggered tires and then 255s were thrown on all around, it was setup from the beginning for non-staggered.

Quick Reply: Tein SRC's compared