S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Track events at Pacific Raceway or Mission Raceway

Old 08-24-2008, 04:44 AM
BKL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track events at Pacific Raceway or Mission Raceway

Hi guys,

I am thinking of moving back to the west coast (vancouver) and am wondering about the track scene there. In Ontario during track season theres a track event every weekend for about $80...

I have some friends in vancouver and seattle that goes to pacific raceways to track, but they go once or twice a year only. I am wondering is there anyone here that goes more often then that? How many events are there in a year typically that I will be able to join? (is there an event every week?)

How about mission raceways in Mission, B.C? Or, are there any other tracks in NW U.S that I dont know about? (Pacific International Raceway is a bit far for me)

Just doing my research so I can decided how often I can track after I move and I can buy my tires accordingly

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2008, 05:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike Garrison is your man: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=563941.

Not going to find any $80 track days around here, though.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's been a few years since I've been to Mission. I think there's an outfit called Performance Drivers Club that has events there.

Proformance Racing School has the weekday track days at Pacific Raceways. Weekend dates are hard to come by. The motorcycle clubs and the racers seem to have them all during the summer.

All the local tracks (Mission, PR, Spokane, Portland) are set up so that the road course uses part of the drag strip. That means the drag racing is also competing for events.

There are 2-3 new tracks that are supposedly being builtin the NW. One is in BC, called Active Mountain. But their website seems to be off the net, and they were supposed to have finished the track in 2006. My guess is somebody ran out of money.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:47 PM

You can do lots and lots of track days at Pacific Raceways, if you have the time and money. Expect to pay closer to $250 for admission, though.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:56 PM
BKL

124Spider,

Do you have a link to the event dates and details? Im curious to see what they are like.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2008, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by BKL,Aug 24 2008, 07:56 PM
Do you have a link to the event dates and details? Im curious to see what they are like.
This is the Proformance schedule. There are a number of others who sponser track days open to the public, such as the Alfa Club and Speedware.

This is a link to the Pacific Raceways website, which has a schedule for the road course.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just did a track day at Mission last weekend with this club: http://www.theinsideline.ca/ I've done three with them. They usually do about two a year.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:46 AM
BKL

Awsome!.. THanks guys! I'll definitely have a look at those sites. Looks promising though. =)
Old 08-27-2008, 05:22 PM

BKL, you are Taiwanese?? when you moved back to BC, I would definately recommend a shop that my friend owns to you. All the cars he tuned are super fast. (If you were in AutoX / racing scene in BC, you probably heard of them.)

go to the NW region site and you will see the regulars there. I still don't have my S2k yet but I hang out with those track junkies all the time in that forum.

Whenever I decided to go PR i just post up there and hopefully see some familiar faces...
Old 08-27-2008, 05:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slowv6,Aug 27 2008, 06:22 PM
go to the NW region site and you will see the regulars there. I still don't have my S2k yet but I hang out with those track junkies all the time in that forum.
You need to get rid of that junker red car of yours and get a real car. Something that can turn a decent lap time.

Quick Reply: Track events at Pacific Raceway or Mission Raceway