S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Trick to bypass seat belt light/receptacle

Old 04-07-2017, 01:01 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
If only a seat belt extender worked for me..

To provide some background, I'm installing a Recaro Pole position ABE with BC rails. The OEM belt buckle is actually too long, so I need a shorter one. At this point I'd like to not touch my oem buckle and leave it on my oem seat if possible. The two options are I hack my OEM one up via cutting it shorter, redrill a 17mm hole, and bending it, or I find another buckle out of another car (but that won't have the same wiring) and toss my oem buckle under the seat with a latch inserted.
Just me, but I'd go with a bride or a PCI rail

So it sounds like this is going to be a street driven car, mount the oem buckle from your stock seat and the sensor, then feed the Left shoulder belt inside the pole position and down to the lap harness guide and to the stock mount location. Then you use a seat belt extender (honda might actually give you one for free, check your local dealership) and run the extender from the inside of the left lap harness guide to the seat belt receptacle. The seat belt extender itself should kill the seatbelt reminder
Old 04-09-2017, 03:21 PM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by gptoyz
Just me, but I'd go with a bride or a PCI rail

So it sounds like this is going to be a street driven car, mount the oem buckle from your stock seat and the sensor, then feed the Left shoulder belt inside the pole position and down to the lap harness guide and to the stock mount location. Then you use a seat belt extender (honda might actually give you one for free, check your local dealership) and run the extender from the inside of the left lap harness guide to the seat belt receptacle. The seat belt extender itself should kill the seatbelt reminder
The problem is the stock mount is too long with the ABE seat. So a seat belt extender doesn't work. Maybe I'll post a picture later.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:28 PM

Ok, credit to flanders for the picture but mine looks the same. He cut an EP3 but that doesn't solve the seat belt sensor problem:

Old 04-10-2017, 09:35 AM

I figured I'd post this here, should someone come across the same issue. On the '06+, it throws an airbag light if you leave the 3 pin seat belt harness unplugged. I think I'll likely just modify mine to fit and run that. If I need an unmodified one, Honda sells them for $80.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:37 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I figured I'd post this here, should someone come across the same issue. On the '06+, it throws an airbag light if you leave the 3 pin seat belt harness unplugged. I think I'll likely just modify mine to fit and run that. If I need an unmodified one, Honda sells them for $80.
it won't beep at you though? I pulled my airbag light already anyways because of the aftermarket passenger seat.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:53 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Ok, credit to flanders for the picture but mine looks the same. He cut an EP3 but that doesn't solve the seat belt sensor problem:

I think you might be missing the point. The seatbelt extender is used so that the stock receptacle does NOT have to feed directly into the seat's harness hole or be below the hole. The stock receptacle is going to be too high to reach any seat's harness hole. You use the extender to loop back DOWN from the stock receptacle and through the harness hole.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by thomsbrain
I think you might be missing the point. The seatbelt extender is used so that the stock receptacle does NOT have to feed directly into the seat's harness hole or be below the hole. The stock receptacle is going to be too high to reach any seat's harness hole. You use the extender to loop back DOWN from the stock receptacle and through the harness hole.
I think I was definitely missing your point..

Ok so you just mount it on an angle and use the extender to come through the slot. I have one so I'll try it out. About the only "problem" with this setup I'd think is that you're putting a lot of stress on the little tab that will hold the buckle at the angle, although maybe it's good enough. I know it's only meant to keep the alignment vs. hold a person's weight in an accident. I will give it a shot as it's a relatively simple fix. Thanks.