S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Upgraded Motor & Trans Mounts

Old 05-16-2017, 05:48 AM

Received 199 Likes on 157 Posts

I had the Hasport 62A street motor mounts installed last week in my 06. The original OEM mounts were completely broken apart. I love the shifting now but the vibration of the car is not as good as stock mounts. For DD I would look at the OEM mounts. This car is going to become more of a track car in the future so you can't have the best of both worlds. Hopefully the mounts will loosen up a little. Later BD
Old 05-16-2017, 08:00 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Good to know guys, thanks for the input. Maybe the trick is to leave the stock motor mounts but stiffen up the diff and trans. Already have the 75a for the diff as mentioned previously, and I like how it firmed up the drivetrain/response. Its far enough away from the engine to not create any weird idle vibrations apparently. The trans is getting closer though, so not sure if that would take it over the top. Would surely take to the next level on removing drivetrain movement though.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Good to know guys, thanks for the input. Maybe the trick is to leave the stock motor mounts but stiffen up the diff and trans. Already have the 75a for the diff as mentioned previously, and I like how it firmed up the drivetrain/response. Its far enough away from the engine to not create any weird idle vibrations apparently. The trans is getting closer though, so not sure if that would take it over the top. Would surely take to the next level on removing drivetrain movement though.
Stiffening up the diff really helped the car feel more communicative while throttle steering.
I was using the billet motor mount rings on mine, the vibrations were UNBEARABLE. I machined out the rings slightly and filled the gap from the ring to the mount with polyurethane, it was better, but still lots of NVH. I still street drive my car and take it to/from the track. So I ended up grabbing some eBay mounts that seem slightly firmer than OEM and added a torque damper.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:00 PM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

If you aren't using one Junky I'd look into an Ingalls ETD. I was running one w/ the oem mounts and it def helps. The move to Megan mounts made a bigger difference but added NVH.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:22 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
If you aren't using one Junky I'd look into an Ingalls ETD. I was running one w/ the oem mounts and it def helps. The move to Megan mounts made a bigger difference but added NVH.
Ive run a cheap one in the past when supercharged and agree it does help quite a bit. It may be something I decide to go back to, but a good one cost about as much as replacing the engine mounts? - which on my car have over 200K miles on them. If I were to get another ETD link, id like the mounts to all be light weight aluminum, rather then adding 6lb of steel like I did before.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:04 AM

Ive run a cheap one in the past when supercharged and agree it does help quite a bit. It may be something I decide to go back to, but a good one cost about as much as replacing the engine mounts? - which on my car have over 200K miles on them. If I were to get another ETD link, id like the mounts to all be light weight aluminum, rather then adding 6lb of steel like I did before.
Last I checked an ETD is ~$150? I have my old one I just took off the car you can have for $100. If your car has 200k miles on the mounts I'd be shocked if they aren't both bad by now. My car had 49k miles on it and the passenger side was torn. Other option is just to replace the mounts and see what you think. I switched to megan racing and think they're not too bad vibration wise. I'm not sure if the spoon are softer or not, but they're also more expensive. Regarding the spoon replacement tranny brace, I'm not sure it really makes much of a difference honestly. Initially I wanted to get spoon mounts but figure the replacement tranny brace will have a minimal effect.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:01 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Last I checked an ETD is ~$150? I have my old one I just took off the car you can have for $100. If your car has 200k miles on the mounts I'd be shocked if they aren't both bad by now. My car had 49k miles on it and the passenger side was torn. Other option is just to replace the mounts and see what you think. I switched to megan racing and think they're not too bad vibration wise. I'm not sure if the spoon are softer or not, but they're also more expensive. Regarding the spoon replacement tranny brace, I'm not sure it really makes much of a difference honestly. Initially I wanted to get spoon mounts but figure the replacement tranny brace will have a minimal effect.
What's really surprising is over half of those miles are boosted. No tears in them yet, so haven't felt the rush to go replacing them. But I know the writing is on the wall. Are the mounts on the ETD link all aluminum? At least the main mount around the shock tower? If you have a pic or 2 you wouldn't mind PM me I will take a look, thanks.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:02 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

So with newer and stiffer motor mounts (I'm leaning towards Innovative 85A or 95A) my ETD will be redundant and can be removed?
Old 05-18-2017, 06:55 AM

What's really surprising is over half of those miles are boosted. No tears in them yet, so haven't felt the rush to go replacing them. But I know the writing is on the wall. Are the mounts on the ETD link all aluminum? At least the main mount around the shock tower? If you have a pic or 2 you wouldn't mind PM me I will take a look, thanks.
I'm amazed you don't have a tear in them w/ 200k miles.. I'm not sure what the mounts are made of but I'd guess Al. You can see some pictures of it here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/automoti.../#post23906134
Old 05-18-2017, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by freq
So with newer and stiffer motor mounts (I'm leaning towards Innovative 85A or 95A) my ETD will be redundant and can be removed?
I would think so.. I guess you could keep it for the hell of it but just seems like added weight for nothing.

Quick Reply: Upgraded Motor & Trans Mounts