S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Video's of your S on the track

Old 06-03-2018, 06:20 AM

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate Tempest
Lapping day today at Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit (VIMC). Dropped almost two seconds from last time I was there, so that's cool. (Used considerably less fuel too, which is a bit of a head-scratcher.) And I had my first ever real spin on the track, which I fortunately escaped unscathed (although I'll need to vacuum some grass out of the car...) Here are my two identical time fastest laps, and the spin at the end!

https://youtu.be/XHL9_DfZvvY
Looks like a fun technical track, but not very forgiving if you have a big off. You were indeed fortunate to not go further off the track.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:26 AM

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

Had my first day out with SBG track brake kit up front. Took almost 2 seconds off my personal best and did it towards the end of the day while it was still hot. I remain the weak link in the car.

This was my first time using an external microphone which I inserted in a piece of foam and taped to the black trim at the bottom of the bumper near one of the exhaust outlets. I'm still not happy with the level of wind noise though. I'm thinking the next time I may try leaving it in the trunk. How are those of you using external mics mounting them?
Old 06-03-2018, 03:55 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielB
Looks like a fun technical track, but not very forgiving if you have a big off. You were indeed fortunate to not go further off the track.
It's really fun, yeah. And not as unforgiving as it looks. The faster corners all have large paved runoffs, and in other areas, like where I went off, it's smooth under that tall grass, and has energy absorbing gravel traps. (The reason I came to a stop right where I did was that both my left wheels went into it.) Still, made for a good reminder of what can happen!
Old 06-05-2018, 07:14 AM

Received 52 Likes on 22 Posts

What are you using to capture the brake force?
If you have an 06+ you can get brake pedal pressure, steering angle, and TPS over can bus. So any logger that can read can bus should be able to have it configured. If your logger has a can over OBD2 adapter your life is even easier.

See below, sorry for the poor graphic design, I was just testing these overlays.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:34 AM

This video is from earlier in the year. We went to Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds, AL. It was my first time out on track since the K-swap and we had a few niggles with the engine. But once we got those sorted we went out, it poured with rain the whole weekend, but here's a couple of laps.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:52 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by the-moss
If you have an 06+ you can get brake pedal pressure, steering angle, and TPS over can bus. So any logger that can read can bus should be able to have it configured. If your logger has a can over OBD2 adapter your life is even easier.

See below, sorry for the poor graphic design, I was just testing these overlays.
Interesting. Right now I use an OBDLink MX to read from the OBD2 port, but it doesn't provide brake pressure or steering angle, just throttle, RPM, and various diagnostic channels.

Is there a bluetooth OBD2 reader that can grab that info and interface with ie RaceChrono? Or would I need a dedicated logger installation?
Old 06-05-2018, 12:07 PM

Interesting. Right now I use an OBDLink MX to read from the OBD2 port, but it doesn't provide brake pressure or steering angle, just throttle, RPM, and various diagnostic channels.

Is there a bluetooth OBD2 reader that can grab that info and interface with ie RaceChrono? Or would I need a dedicated logger installation?
I'm not sure, I'm not familiar with racechrono. But you would need something that can read canbus data. Most modern data loggers can do that. Then you'll need to do some configuration to set it up to read and log the can messages that relate to the data you want (brake pressure, tps, steering angle).

In this video I was logging using a Racecapture Pro datalogger, but I've since moved to an AEM CD5-L to data log.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:09 PM

Received 101 Likes on 62 Posts

Old 06-11-2018, 07:19 AM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Decent lap at Mid-Ohio. I was a bit over a second faster last year but my RS4s are about done.

Then I proceeded to deal with this guy for the next few laps. He said he wanted to “make me work for the pass”. This is the advanced group with open passing by point by. He was way slower on entry and as you can see caused me to have “a moment”. On exit he would pull away and it would repeat

Old 07-01-2018, 03:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thunderbolt NJMP fastest lap for PCA event. Car understeers a lot in low/mid speed corners. Need to work on maybe the front alignment to get more camber. Haven't checked in a couple years but did install Hardrace lower camber ball joints recently. Any pointers on my lap?

Track: NJMP Thunderbolt
Ambient Temp: 90F
Time: 1:37.89
Mods listed in video.

Quick Reply: Video's of your S on the track