S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Seat? 2018

Old 07-12-2018, 01:08 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I would definitely recommend the PCI bracket, great piece of work, gets the seat very low, good price, and very robust and well-engineered.

If FIA certification is not a requirement I'd look into the Corbeau FX1 Pro. It's basically an EVO 2 copy that's just as comfortable.

I use mine just as a passenger seat since I came across a steal for a Sparco Circuit after I had already bought two. I'm 5'11", 168 lbs, 30 inch waist so pretty skinny but I have plenty of room. I've given rides to guys more your size that said they were very comfortable and a buddy of mine uses one in his Foxbody that's more your size that likes it.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you get anything Sparco, make sure you get a rail that will fit. I have the Sparco Evo and the Ngasia rails won't fit it. The Evo 1 is much slimmer than the Evo 2. I ended up going with the PCI mount. A little bit more but so worth it.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Why no mention of OMPs?
im looking for my first seat as well - similar size and similar problems w the broomstick. A local shop pushed me towards OMP, but I can't find anyone who's out one into an S2K before!
Old 07-15-2018, 11:08 AM

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by NoDelta View Post
Why no mention of OMPs?
im looking for my first seat as well - similar size and similar problems w the broomstick. A local shop pushed me towards OMP, but I can't find anyone who's out one into an S2K before!
OMP HTE-R 400 can be made to fit, Arro has installed one. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ra.../#post24179227
Old 07-18-2018, 08:01 AM

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

If you want a street/track seat and 34" waist hands down the Recaro PP would be on my short list. I tried a an EVO2 and found it a little more snug (I'm 180 5'9") and it's definitely harder to fit in the car. I ended up selling it and getting a Recaro PP. It drops right in and is more comfy. Don't overcomplicate things and just get the PP.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:36 PM
Community Organizer

Received 146 Likes on 133 Posts

I'm kinda surprised to hear all the positive comments on the PCI mounts.

I'm short, 5'6", and I had to cut away a TON of the PCI to get my Sparco Circuit 2 to sit low enough for me and I still don't use the bottom cushion.

Maybe it's because I sit so far forward? So much so that the side mounts hang out over the front OEM seat mount points.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:23 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by freq View Post

I'm short, 5'6", and I had to cut away a TON of the PCI to get my Sparco Circuit 2 to sit low enough for me and I still don't use the bottom cushion.

Maybe it's because I sit so far forward? So much so that the side mounts hang out over the front OEM seat mount points.
That's likely the case because of the raised front mounting point.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by freq View Post

Could you explain this a little bit more? I'm a shorter guy as well (5'7") and everyone complains that I sit very far forward (I think my legs are a little proportionally short apparently). I was planning on getting the PCI mount with a seat but if it won't be compatible with me then I have concerns. How does a forward seating position interfere with seat mounting? What was preventing the seat from mounting correctly? Was it contacting something?

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2018, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to get a sparco ergo with pci here.
im 5”7 160lbs. i am also worrying about seat positions and everything but harness position is a big concern.
From my research, if shoulder holes on seat are too high or too low, its not going to pass inspection or even if it did, its not safe.

anybody has experience with these combination or similar?
How do i know im good to go with seat and seat mount?
i am sharing my car with my wife.
she is shorter than me 5”3 probably 120lbs.
Palnning to put slider on seat obviously, but wondering that seat hits hardtop or somewhere if she move seat to forward.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:35 AM
Community Organizer

Received 146 Likes on 133 Posts

I have a set of sliders I'll sell you.

I have a Sparco Circuit on a PCI mount, it wasn't plug & play for me at 5' 6".

What roll bar do you have? My Hard Dog has the lower(ed) harness bar. The PCI mount might make your sub harness mounts difficult too.

It may not be fun and will likely be some trial and error but it is so worth it.

Quick Reply: What Seat? 2018

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands