S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

What Seat? 2018

Old 12-12-2018, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theS2K
Trying to get a sparco ergo with pci here.
im 5”7 160lbs. i am also worrying about seat positions and everything but harness position is a big concern.
From my research, if shoulder holes on seat are too high or too low, its not going to pass inspection or even if it did, its not safe.

anybody has experience with these combination or similar?
How do i know im good to go with seat and seat mount?
i am sharing my car with my wife.
she is shorter than me 5”3 probably 120lbs.
Palnning to put slider on seat obviously, but wondering that seat hits hardtop or somewhere if she move seat to forward.

I have an Ergo on two piece PCI sliders and the harness position is fine for me although I'm 5' 10". Able to get the seat low enough although I had to remove the front seat cushion to get comfortable; the seat just barely fits as the wing closest to the door just touches. Had a Sparco Sprint before that and it fit better, but was obviously tighter and less comfortable.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by roddyc
I have an Ergo on two piece PCI sliders and the harness position is fine for me although I'm 5' 10". Able to get the seat low enough although I had to remove the front seat cushion to get comfortable; the seat just barely fits as the wing closest to the door just touches. Had a Sparco Sprint before that and it fit better, but was obviously tighter and less comfortable.
thank you for you reply.
since your 5”10, harness position probably good for me with cushion. But you said 2 piece mount means you dont have sliders?

if Seat position is little bit higher with sliders,
What do you think the clearence with hard top?
I have mugen rep, i dont really care about rear clearence but front because me and my wife both are short. (5”7 5”3)
i guess front shouldnt be a problem with short peoples driving position.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:47 PM

thank you for you reply.
since your 5”10, harness position probably good for me with cushion. But you said 2 piece mount means you dont have sliders?

if Seat position is little bit higher with sliders,
What do you think the clearence with hard top?
I have mugen rep, i dont really care about rear clearence but front because me and my wife both are short. (5”7 5”3)
i guess front shouldnt be a problem with short peoples driving position.
They are the sliders; they may not be on the website but if you talk to Brian at PCI he can get you the two piece sliders. They allow you to drop the bottom of the seat below the level of the sliders to get nice and low. I have a Mugen replica hardtop as well and have no clearance issues at all.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by roddyc

They are the sliders; they may not be on the website but if you talk to Brian at PCI he can get you the two piece sliders. They allow you to drop the bottom of the seat below the level of the sliders to get nice and low. I have a Mugen replica hardtop as well and have no clearance issues at all.
Thanks, sorry for my lack of knowledge, so you have a two pieces slider, Its a complete set? if i buy that, i dont have to buy nothing else to install my seat?
or
its just 2 pieces of sliders, so i have to buy a set of side mount and base mount?

If you dont mind, can i ask you how far you can move your seat forward? If you move your seat with your set-up, seat doesnt touch trans tunnel, hard top or door pannel?
My co-drivers is 5”3 so seat needs to be move forward enough to drive for her.

thanks for the reply again
Old 12-14-2018, 07:33 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm 5'10", 185 pounds, 32-34" waist depending on the pants. Sparco Ergo Medium is working well for me. I can't get as much lean as I would like (I like my legs very extended, so the seat is pretty far back), but it works. I did have to trim a bit where it fouled the Hard Dog roll bar and another smidge at the transmission tunnel.

I will say getting low is pretty dependent on how wide the seat is. To get the butt of the seat on the carpet, you need a seat narrow enough to fit completely between the rails. You also need rails that are pretty low-profile. Nagisa rails won't work on a wide seat, for instance. I have a set of Buddy Clubs and they are maxed out on width with the Ergo Medium.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by thomsbrain
I'm 5'10", 185 pounds, 32-34" waist depending on the pants. Sparco Ergo Medium is working well for me. I can't get as much lean as I would like (I like my legs very extended, so the seat is pretty far back), but it works. I did have to trim a bit where it fouled the Hard Dog roll bar and another smidge at the transmission tunnel.

I will say getting low is pretty dependent on how wide the seat is. To get the butt of the seat on the carpet, you need a seat narrow enough to fit completely between the rails. You also need rails that are pretty low-profile. Nagisa rails won't work on a wide seat, for instance. I have a set of Buddy Clubs and they are maxed out on width with the Ergo Medium.
Im planning to get a Sparco Ergo.
Theres only 2 options for the seat size, standard or large. Is standard small or medium?
Im pretty short so i dont really worry about height but wonder how far i can bring the seat forward.
how close i can move forward my seat to steering wheel?
Old 12-19-2018, 04:41 PM
bdo

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Im planning to get a Sparco Ergo.
Theres only 2 options for the seat size, standard or large. Is standard small or medium?
Im pretty short so i dont really worry about height but wonder how far i can bring the seat forward.
how close i can move forward my seat to steering wheel?
The Ergo comes in 3 sizes. The large won't fit in a S2000. I have one, tried to make it fit, and gave up. The medium or small should fit.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:17 AM

With my seating position, again I'm 5' 10", the Ergo is just clear of the trans tunnel on the inner most forward portion and just touches the door with the wing; not even close to any potential issues from the hardtop. I would imagine with a shorter driver, the trans tunnel may be an issue if you are not willing to bend/modify it.

Regarding sizing, I'm not sure how much larger the 'large' Ergo is than the 'medium', but the 'medium' just fit in mine so I would think it would be pretty tough to get the large to fit without a decent amount of cussing and 'making it fit' in a car w/ full interior. I would guess the 'medium' Ergo is fine for people up to a 36" waist. From what I remember reading when I was buying my seat, the 'small' is really small, like 30" waist and under so it was not offered as an option at a lot of places.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:31 PM

Received 97 Likes on 50 Posts

Trying to get a sparco ergo with pci here.
im 5”7 160lbs. i am also worrying about seat positions and everything but harness position is a big concern.
From my research, if shoulder holes on seat are too high or too low, its not going to pass inspection or even if it did, its not safe.

anybody has experience with these combination or similar?
How do i know im good to go with seat and seat mount?
i am sharing my car with my wife.
she is shorter than me 5”3 probably 120lbs.
Palnning to put slider on seat obviously, but wondering that seat hits hardtop or somewhere if she move seat to forward.

My wife is short. 5'2 on a good day and 115. She fits in our Recaro SPG w PCI mount / slider setup, but needs a pillow behind her to reach the pedals
Old 12-28-2018, 04:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Sparco Ergo Medium with PCI adjustable fixed rails (no sliders). I am 6'0 175lbs 33 waist. The seat is a little big for me on waist so probably up to 34-35 will fit. I had to play with mounting the seat to get it as low as possible but it is still at same height as oem seat. You cannot go to the floor with this seat since it is too wide and the rails need to be turned inward instead of outward (no longer flush with side of seat).

I am looking into a new drivers seat that will be narrow enough to fit between the rails flush so I can slam the seat to the floor lol. I am pretty sure the bride vios iii seat does. Word of advice bride seats are better designed at the base to be narrow compared to sparco which is wide, Unfortunately they cost more $$$ since JDM.

My optimal goal would be the new PCI low slider seat mount for s2000 with narrow base halo race seat. I am looking at bride vios iii, sparco circuit 1 or maybe a bride halo seat. Need to do more research.

Quick Reply: What Seat? 2018