S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Street Encounters (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/)
-   -   *beat a Charger last night. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/%2Abeat-charger-last-night-650464/)

BeachBumS2K 11-20-2008 06:41 PM

*beat a Charger last night.

***update, i ran into one last night and raced him
Sorry im a horrible story teller but heres my encounter with a charger last night.

wierd coincidence last night.
I was on my way down to hollywood to show my cousin from new york the bar scene out here. Anyways i was on copperhill canyon on the way towards the 5 freeway and i see a white charger next to me at the light with dark tint, big wheels and really really loud aftermarket exhaust, i had my music blasting and my top up and it was still loud as hell. hes revving at me like crazy, and this is a road covered in cops so there was no way i was going to race him, plus i didn't know if it were a r/t or srt-8 since it had no emblem but the dodge one.
Well i took off normally and he just would not leave me alone he was mirroring me, just driving exactly the same speed right next to me, well you would think after a few minutes of me not being interested and he woudl give up...NOPE he just kept sitting next to me for a few more mins then finally i slammed on my brakes and he flew by haha
So at the next turn which is a two lane almost 90 degree turn he slowed down alot for it, i just downshifted and flew around him on the outside lane : )
so then im driving normally and he guns it once the road is straight, i was talking to my cousin and just let him go. Well turns out he was getting on the 5 south. The on ramp is uphill and has a sharp bend then obviously straghtens out.
Im on his ass on the onramp thinking wow that thing can not handle. If that boat wasn't in front of me i would have took that turn in third not second. Anyways right when it straightens out i can hear the charger downshift, i was still in second gear hovering around vtec. As soon as i see him actually go i floor it rip threw vtec then shift into third, and i had to lay off because i was so close i coudn't even see his bumper but i could still hear his car making alot of noise, so then as soon as we are actually on the freeway i get over and redline 3rd he was about 3 cars behind. I was shocked, i was expecting to try as hard as possible to stay near him, but i mean i killed him, granted when he gunned it i was in the perfect gear and waiting to unlease vtec on him : )
So im guessing it was an r/t and apparently he can't drive or those huge rims really slowed him down.
Then going up the hill was some thick traffic and he was weaving in and out of traffic to catch up to me, at that point i had cruise control on. Then he cut me off, only to hit his brakes because of the guy in front of us, so i downshift and go left he floors hit and goes right, and i still pulled on him and then got back into that lane. It was very surprising and put a huge smile on my face.

***original post
So im at work right now, im a supervisor at a gym and one of the basketball players that is here until close usually just asked me about my car since he has seen me leave in a hurry when i finally get off.

Anyways, i said bye and everything as he's leaving and then he goes hey you got dat honda speedster right, i said yup. So how fast is the top speed, then before i could answer he goes well i raced one and man it was fast. I smiled and said yea it goes. Then he was talking about how he jumped on it and the "speedster" just took off and pulled away from him by alot, and i could tell he dind't know much about cars. so i was trying to tell him how the car is all about handling and its quick but has no torque and i was saying it would be a good race. Then i said if i see one i'll mess with him and tell you how it went.

Hmm im tempted to race him but then win or lose i'd have to see him regularly. He has an auto black srt-8 charger. Most likely is stock. I have my 04 s with just k&n intake, eibach springs, gunmetal volks(ce28n), alpine system, spoon stat and buddy club thermoswitch, and of course what makes the car super fast.. tint. haha
but seriously have any of you gone against that mopar boat?

im pretty sure they have a six liter 420 horse v8. So it seems like it would be no problem for him to pull away in the straights. But obviously it would be NO challenge for an S in the turns. Also i would think that it wieghts 4500 pounds, because that thing is huge. So what are your thoughts?

Carbon Blue 11-20-2008 06:49 PM

in the straights he will rape you in your glory hole with a sandpaper condom, in the turns is where you will shine.

hariku821 11-20-2008 06:55 PM

he weighs 3800lbs and what im seeing is 0-60 in around 5.0 secs. The r/t with just 350hp 390 tqdoes it in 5.8 secs and the srt-8 has 425hp 420 tq..

All of them are autos so it dosent seem like it would be that hard to get a good time 0-60. On the other hand for you it will be.. i have heard any ware from 5.3-6.2 0-60 for an s.. from a dig my bets are on him thats what his car is made for..

D1sclaimer 11-20-2008 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Carbon Blue,Nov 20 2008, 07:49 PM
in the straights he will rape you in your glory hole with a sandpaper condom, in the turns is where you will shine.

Nicely put :tipwink:

Rubn1out4GudLuk 11-21-2008 08:24 AM

^^I agree...I've played with a Lime Green R/T in a 2 lane entrance to the local freeway and we were dead even 'til about 85mph when we both shut down and gave each other thumbs up.

Spectre48 11-21-2008 08:40 AM

Yeah, the S is very close with the R/T's, but the SRT would walk away. They have an extra 75 hp over the R/T!

UmarS2K 11-21-2008 09:09 AM

I'd suggest staying away from the SRT8 in a race unless you feel like getting embarrassed. People always seem to find it embarrassing when a sedan with a million more lb-ft of torque demolishes our itty, bitty S2Ks. :cry:
Anyway, if it were an R/T, I'd say it'd be a driver's race. With the SRT8, you'd need your S to be pretty damn modded (FI) in order to walk it; however, I did beat a Chrysler 300SRT8 from a dig with my stock S2K once but they claimed it was because they had "loud music on". I'm sure it was most likely because the driver didn't realize making your wheels spin for the first 5 seconds in a race is a bad thing. :shrug:

s2kmaniac81 11-21-2008 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by UmarS2K,Nov 21 2008, 02:09 PM
I'd suggest staying away from the SRT8 in a race unless you feel like getting embarrassed. People always seem to find it embarrassing when a sedan with a million more lb-ft of torque demolishes our itty, bitty S2Ks. :cry:
Anyway, if it were an R/T, I'd say it'd be a driver's race. With the SRT8, you'd need your S to be pretty damn modded (FI) in order to walk it; however, I did beat a Chrysler 300SRT8 from a dig with my stock S2K once but they claimed it was because they had "loud music on". I'm sure it was most likely because the driver didn't realize making your wheels spin for the first 5 seconds in a race is a bad thing. :shrug:

yeah this is pretty much the gist of it. I have a cousin who owns a 300C srt-8,a nd found that the auto tranny is it's own worst enemy. The cars are quick as hell from a dig, but when you go from a roll, let's say from about 10-25mph then the tranny doesn't like to shift back down to first and get the revs up. It will stay bogged down for second till the engine can get some breathing room. This can make drag racing tricky. In order to over ride this the driver needs to switch to the manual mode when racing.

The difference this makes, is as follows. I have a 04 GTO, and last Christmas I raced my cousin from a stand still, and he beat me by 3/4 car length when we reach 130mph. Next senerio I rolled on him from about 20mph, and when we hit it I immediatly jumped a car and he couldn't stop my pull and by 130 I was 3 cars.

TurboR 11-21-2008 02:06 PM

I suggested you should go race him and find out the result. But we' know you going to lose for sure, but just count many lengths he'll beat you. Have a good day & gl.

BeachBumS2K 11-22-2008 05:50 PM

So i agree the SRT-8 would beat an S2k, but from a roll it would not get killed. Im suprised i beat a r/t but very pleased. Makes me love the S even more :thumbup: