S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

00 s2k vs 04 cobra

Old 05-02-2004, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I'll see its tailights...hanging off in typical Ford fashion. For American car companies, it's all numbers. We have this much horsepower and this much torque. Wow. I give a lot more credit to the Japanese and German companies that can push out high amounts of horsepower and torque out of a smaller engine, and also make the car quick due to weight ratios and light weights. It's called engineering, not throwing the biggest engine you can make into a car.
Old 05-02-2004, 07:55 AM

Actually the new Cobras have very comfortable seats with alot of support and several power adjustments on the drivers seat. Other than that they are very bland interiors with alot of cheap plastic. But make no mistake, it's not trying to be anything other than what it is which is a straight line monster which is very capable handler. It is a much harder car to drive due to it's additional weight and MASSIVE power especially when modded. It will surprise alot of you on the track in the hands of a great driver who will be able to handle a car while constantly breaking the tires loose. I could easily smoke the tires in my 03 pulling onto the higway at 65-70 mph. I won most of my races before my tires even hooked completely and I wasn't racing slow cars. If they offer the new body Mustang with the current Cobra power plant I will buy a vert for my fun car and slap a KB blower on it. It will only come out on weekends or for the occassional 11 sec blast down the track.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:00 AM

It's called engineering, not throwing the biggest engine you can make into a car.
A corvette engine probably weighs less than many of the engines your referring to and probably makes more power and torque than most of them as well. Give credit where credit is due there are different ways of tackling technology. When some guy pulls up next to u in his new C6 convertible and rips off an 11 sec pass as opposed to your 14 sec pass in an S2000 I'd like to see your technology argument rationalize that. 120 hp/ltr is fantastic and quite an accomplishment but certainly doesn't win races.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:05 AM

When I said American car companies, I should've excluded the Corvette, because I agree with you. Same typical problems with the interior and reliability, though.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:32 PM
Banned

that is a load of BS. The C5 has won JD Powers quality awards several times, while no Honda ever has, AFAIK.

And it seems to me, if Ford engineers and workers can build a production engine capable of putting out well over 400 RWHP (600-800 RWHP), reliably, with no modifications to the engine internals or heads, then quality is not one of their problems.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:14 PM

Actually, if you look up the reliability of most Fords, you'll find that quality is one of their problems.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:09 PM
Banned

You ought to stop repeating things you read on a Civic forums. You have made several comments on this thread alone that display ignorance and a strong anti-American prejudice. Your OPINIONS on Ford or Chevy quality are just your opinions, and they do not reflect reality, much as you think they do.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:14 PM

Actually, the only forum I go on is this one. The American cars my family has owned had bad reliability, and I read about cars a lot and that also means I read up on reliability ratings. Therefore, it isn't ignorance, it's knowledge.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:14 PM

Nero,

Yea, you seem pretty down on American cars. Living in the Arm Pit of the US, I find this rather surprising. Fords or Chevy's aren't my cup of tea either all though my wife drives an Eddie Bauer Expedition and it is one nice truck which I have had ZERO problems with. Not to mention the thing is deluxe for long trips.

Anyway, unless you can pull a Vette or a New Cobra in whatever you drive, I would chill out a little.

KiD
Old 05-02-2004, 03:31 PM

You're absolutely right. The fact that a Vette or Cobra can pull whatever I'm driving means that I should shut my mouth. I'm done with this thread.

Quick Reply: 00 s2k vs 04 cobra