S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

350Z HR w/ Exhaust

Old 10-30-2009, 11:33 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 350Z HR w/ Exhaust

Well I hate to post it, but Franky should be happy with these results..

Raced my buddies Base 08 HR Z Coupe today, just to be as precise as I can about mods, he has an Invidia N1 exhaust, and a DIY cooling plate, with some carbon fiber trim pieces here and there (B pillars, interior center console etc.) the rest is stock. Plus he has absolutely no gas, gas light is blinking at him, computer is saying hes got 20miles left on the clock.

I have full bolt ons and 4.77s (list of mods in sig)

We went from a 40ish roll, where I was in 2nd gear, about 6500rpms, and I did the count. Lined up, 1,2,3 and I punch it.
2nd Gear: Im ahead, his front bumper is at my quarter panel
3rd Gear: he starts pulling passed me, at the end of 3rd gear hes got a good 2 cars
4th Gear: pulls another car, about half way through, I call it quits.

End, hes all smiles

Heres where franky might start bitchin'
We go from 40 again, this time, the rules are, we keep it in 6th gear
we punch it, and I pull on him instantly, and then he slowly starts creeping back up, and pulls ahead when Im right at 5500rpms, 500rpms later, I hear him yell "NO!" vtec kicks in, and I start to walk him again, we shut down at about 6500rpms on my tach, with me slightly ahead.

N/A for N/A S2k < HR Z in a straight line.
I still have my hopes though, when I get tuned, and when I-Vtec comes out, Im thinking the S2K may have a chance again (without extensive mods that is)

BTW Before my gears, I posted a race between him and me, he had a full tank of gas and stock exhaust, and I think it was slightly closer, His empty gas tank plus his exhaust really helped him out, he said the Invidia N1 is supposed to net between 10-15whp

Sidenote: He said he was at a road course in the DFW area, and passed a black CR on the road course... whoever you are, shame on you!
Old 10-31-2009, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

........... wow didn't see this coming...............
Old 10-31-2009, 07:29 AM

Time to compliment those 4.77's with spray...
Old 10-31-2009, 09:14 AM

Sounds about right to me. 370Zs are quick no doubt, even stock for stock a 350Z would best an S2. Most vids prove that.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:16 AM

Old 10-31-2009, 09:25 AM

^ but still I prefer Stewie. hahaha Nothing like drop top & great handling.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Boost76,Oct 31 2009, 09:25 AM
^ but still I prefer Stewie. hahaha Nothing like drop top & great handling.
Yes, this is true.

After the race we popped into a parking lot and were talking, I let him take the S for a spin around the block, he was FREAKING out the whole time, about how nimble it felt, how tight the handling was, how short the shifts were, he was having a blast, absolutely loved it, that was before he hit vtec, he'd never driven a car with vtec, and I warned him, its not at all what its hyped up to be, but he said he was loving it, he loved the sound change the boost in power (even however small it was) and we werent even top down!

I drove his Z, and while it is faster, it just doesnt feel faster, you never get that kick in the pants I kept waiting for, you just.. kinda go, and you could tell it was heavier, there wasnt much body roll, but that thing comes with stock sway bars in the front and back, so I would hope there wouldnt be much. All in all, I was happy to hop back in my S after it was all said in done, even if his did kick the crap out of it in a straight line
Old 10-31-2009, 11:39 AM

Ive yet to get a ride in a HR 350z however i drove my boys 04, it was great, definitly feels heavier then the S.

Good race good race
Old 10-31-2009, 11:39 AM

Good run, don't be sad it's not a big deal I almost lost to a Civic SI by 1 and half car length and all the SI had was I/H/E (his video is posted up of running 13.5 at the track i'll be posting his comment on the forum) it was a Modded LS2 GTO vs my HR Z vs S2000 vs Modded civic SI
Old 10-31-2009, 01:35 PM

^^ ya definitely not bummed, its good to know first hand now how it will go down though, I may run a DE Z today, my friend with the HR thinks ill probably take him. I think I will too, but didnt know how a geared s2k fairs with an HR, although I had an idea, but you never know for sure until you do it!

I want to get a good run with a stock LS2 GTO, theres SOOO many flip flop stories on this site, I sorta had a run with one when I was stock from about 30-70 and we were dead even, but I thought he was in a wrong gear or something. So I think it would be fun. I ran an LS1 but we were going too fast and I was in 5th and 6th so that was no good, but I was right with him

Quick Reply: 350Z HR w/ Exhaust