S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

35th anniversary camaro, VS 04 s2000.

Old 07-25-2004, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=KrazyKarim,Jul 25 2004, 04:22 AM] You gotta see how Dave drives the living hell out of that car to understand
Old 07-25-2004, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by steve c,Jul 25 2004, 07:15 AM
I don't see it.

I have the chance to drive a guys 99 LS1 camaro frequently. He went 13.2@108 stock -- with a missed third gear. His Camaro is faster from any speed to any other than my S2000 -- hell I only slowly walk it on the highway in my 911 Turbo.

I guess I should expect to see some "I killed a 911 turbo with my stock S2000" posts here next.

Edit just noticed this is from the same guy who lies / presents partial truths in other threads -- figures.
lies!. the last thing that i will sit by and watch is an arrogant and ignorant fellow try to trash my name. im sorry that your supposed knowledge outweighs your common sense. and that your arrogance causes you to try to slander my name so you may look good. im guessing that in your mind, everything is compared to a perfect world. well, hate to tell ya, a street race is a street race. and whoever wins wins. never are the scenarios gonna be the same. im just sad that you and kumar are so very hateful to anyone who professes more knowledge than either of you.
here, ill stoop to your level for a moment and see how it reads for your eyes.
kumar is a 19 year old kid who knows half next to nothing. and most likely pays someone else to build his car. you steve, are damn near in the same boat from what ive seen, and just buy cars that are fast to bloat your ego. im sorry that neither of you can *drive* an s2000 correctly and need to buy faster cars to justify your manhood. it bothers me not, ive been building and racing small 4 cylinder cars for 14 years. ive built more engines and trannys in those years than i care to count. and am currently the shop foreman at a local dealership. at this point my credibility is more than justified. im just upset that i had to speak all of this to shut your ignorant asses up. my suggestion, think twice next time you run your mouth and call someone a liar. just because our opinions differ, thats awful childish. if you cant at least speak some sort of positive when someone legitimately kicks ass, then just shut up.

thank you drive through. dave
Old 07-25-2004, 03:32 PM
Banned

Everybody knows that a Camaro SS is faster than an S2000 because it is much more powerful. No one is rebutting that fact. However, I don't doubt Nvegas' story at all because on the streets, faster cars don't always win. Maybe Nvegas' S2000 is much faster than stock, or maybe that his driving skill beat the other's, but either way, he beat the other car on the street, not on papers. Much like how some S2000 driver has lost to a stock RSX-S, when the RSX-S is supposed to be a full second slower in the 1/4 mi on paper.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:37 PM

anything can happen on the street is def true.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my suggestion, think twice next time you run your mouth and call someone a liar.
Then don't lie.

Yellafeva, I agree, strange shit happens on the street -- but this is the same guy who made up information to make a point in another thread .... sad.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by steve c,Jul 25 2004, 03:43 PM
Then don't lie.

Yellafeva, I agree, strange shit happens on the street -- but this is the same guy who made up information to make a point in another thread .... sad.
can you please explain to me where i lied, so can either say sorry, or provide the true subject matter. perception is everything, look at all those who have tried to explain the bible, each who sees what is written will have a diff idea of the author's intention. so do tell me, if your talking about the modena story, its in import tuner, or super street, cant remeber, amuse car on R compound tires VS modena on slicks, sorry it wasnt a CS. but, the S layed em down. laters dave

p.s. it was a tsukuba.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Banned

Nvegas, all the arguments aside, what have you done to your car? It sounds pretty fast, or rather faster than stock.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:34 PM

feva, i just happen to have a gifted one. if there are any validity questions, pM boyracers2k. he is with me alot of the time, and knows how i drive the car. i agree all arguments aside. i hate arguing, or even defending myself. lame, and i dont feel i should have to. im 30, LOL and have no reason to argue, or lie. i have an awesome life, and thank god every day for the fact that im still here.
i broke my car in the right way, and use MR moly. i have LE 607 in the diff, and an AEM V2 coldair. as for how hard my car runs, ive been compiling vids, and will have my cam mount soon, then ill just post all the vids, the way things go for me, is alot like blessed, and his vids. im always getting into races, and the outcome favors the S. but i must say one thing, if you cant imagine what the car is doing, you cant drive. when i am involved in a race, i dont drive like a girl. i make 100% sure, im either in VTEC or right on its edge, so when we punch off, i dont care who it is, im ready, if you are 300 RPM out of vtec, and the other guy jumps on it, you just lost. yes ive been pulled by LS1s, and stangs, but i wasnt ready. they pull up, and jump on it while im shiftin down, LOL. a chase is a race, and considered a loss. if your in an LS1, and you give an S a head start, unless you have bolt ons, youll never catch up, same with an S. if the other guy goes, and you try and catch, goodbye, camaro taillights for you. thats why its impressive when a car reels another in, i have two vids you will love, one is of me and a buddy in a 3000 GT vr4, he starts 5 cars ahead, and i reel him in and walk by before 110.
then, my buddy is speed testing his chipped and coldair R32, i missed 2nd and let him go, split second later i decided oh well, ill chase, he had at least 8 cars on me when i rolled back into it from 2nd. i reeled him in, and my bud josh is filimin his speedometer, at 150 he says oh shit, here comes dave, and i go by hard. at 150+ !!!! so yeah, my S runs strong. and im workin on vids so you guys can smile as the S owns. later. dave
Old 07-25-2004, 09:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by S2oooNvegas,Jul 25 2004, 09:34 PM
if your in an LS1, and you give an S a head start, unless you have bolt ons, youll never catch up, same with an S.
I hate to say it, Dave, but you're gonna get yourself a handful of arguments for this one. But good luck with the car and be safe! You'll never know what could go wrong with street races. Before you know it, it'd be too late to be sorry. Okay, okay, didn't mean to sound like your mom.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

he must have the fastest stock S2000 in the world

Quick Reply: 35th anniversary camaro, VS 04 s2000.