S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Ducati bike talking smack

Old 12-22-2015, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ducati bike talking smack

It's funny because I've shared a few street stories but have never had any videos. My tuner recently sent me a link to some random YouTube video and as I watched it, I realized that my car was in the middle of his compilation.

There were 2 bikes, one Ducati and one street bike. Apparently, the Ducati owner is a YouTube hater and most posts videos of random things while commenting on them in a negative manner.

To cut a long story short, I went for a drive with my wife and came across a bike who had a go pro attached to his helmet so I enticed him with a blow off valve salute. He took the bait and lost so we hit a light and he and his mate with the sport bike lined up in the next lane. He got the jump but I was able to pull beside him but then he shut it down. Ended up heading home.

Fast forward 5 months, I see this video and am thinking, this guy is a bit of an asshole. After reading his comments, he's saying how I did river fly bys because he beat me and all other smack but he only shows select parts of he the video and in the video, you see the sport bike get the jump but were side-by-side in the end.

Anyway, the net is an amusing place and I don't know about you guys but I can accept a loss and give credit where credit is due to the faster car. I lost to a Porsche turbo s and was grateful for the chance to encounter one.

Here's the vid and I'll let you decide for your self:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rOG-D8IZTVE
Old 12-22-2015, 08:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn dude I'm sorry you spent all that money on a turbo kit and only make 120hp.

Haha that guy obviously nothing about cars and the video just makes him look dumb so thank you for driving by him.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:33 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Op list your specs!
Old 12-24-2015, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE
Op list your specs!
It's a pretty moderate build but just using the following:

Log manifold
Garrett turbo (I forgot the exact specs but it was an older t3/t4 one)
630 deka/Siemens injectors
Hks fcon standalone
Running about 16 psi boost (think the turbo and Intercooler were about maxed out...need a better Intercooler)
The head has been upgraded with Ferrara valves and reconditioned
The block is sleeved, has upgraded rods and Pistons but running low boost. I just melted Pistons in a previous setup so I didn't want to worry with a stock block even though I've seen guys run high power setups on a stock block
The rotating assembly has been tuned to run at 12k rpms

On my friend's dyno dynamics dyno we made 370 whp which he said was a heart break dyno and on a dynojet it would be around 450.

I am upgrading the turbo to a Borg Warner turbo 57mm with the efr technology so we'll see how this meshes with the current setup.

I'm keeping this low power so I don't have to upgrade the axels or drivetrain...just running out of money!! Haha the bottom end is bulletproof but I'm just not ready to dump more money into yet but it will be ready if I do.
Old 12-25-2015, 10:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice build. Read some of the comments on YouTube and they were all positive your car and S2Ks in general.

BTW that guy is a douche bag.

There were some stupid comments by Subbie owners about picking your BOV by how it sounds , again douche bags.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by DaGou
Nice build. Read some of the comments on YouTube and they were all positive your car and S2Ks in general. BTW that guy is a douche bag. There were some stupid comments by Subbie owners about picking your BOV by how it sounds , again douche bags.
Yeah, it's funny, the Internet in general. So many people who just...hate! I love a good build, doesn't matter domestic or import but the attitudes...WOW!

That guy who filmed it, apparently that's all he does. He makes vids like that and just cusses people out. He lives in my city and it looks like he had an accident on a longboard while vacationing in the states and is hospitalized there. He started a fundme account (which is ironic because he cussed out EVERYONE who uses them) so he wouldn't have to sell his bike to pay for his bills. I guess after seeing his video, not too surprised. The messed up thing is that, the people that follow him actually donated to him, go figure!
Old 12-26-2015, 11:21 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

People in all walks of life who make the most stink/noise about something in particular, are usually guilty or identify personally in some way of said things themselves. Its just the way people work. Someone who actually makes it a hobby to point out faults in peoples behavior, is particularly interesting. Find it ironic, hypocritical, humorous or what ever. Is what it is. Personally i find it humorous, when I get to witness the offender get their karmic reflection of said behavior back at them. That's my DR. Phil analysis of the situation
Old 12-27-2015, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
People in all walks of life who make the most stink/noise about something in particular, are usually guilty or identify personally in some way of said things themselves. Its just the way people work. Someone who actually makes it a hobby to point out faults in peoples behavior, is particularly interesting. Find it ironic, hypocritical, humorous or what ever. Is what it is. Personally i find it humorous, when I get to witness the offender get their karmic reflection of said behavior back at them. That's my DR. Phil analysis of the situation
You're absolutely right and 10 years ago, I'd be finding every conceivable cuss to spit back his way but to be honest, I can't be bothered. I appreciate fast vehicles and it is unfortunate that not everyone is level headed. In the video, he made fun of my car and then lost but didn't post it up. It would have been easier to just say, "came across this fast S2k and got my ass handed to me" but that would go against his online persona. Oh well, I'm certain I'll see him again because our city is not that big.

I really do love coming across fast vehicles and even faster vehicles because I love talking tech after but so many people have chips on their shoulders and find it difficult to not let their manliness and ego take over.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Power still seems low for 16psi.... I assume you are running 91 and that's holding you back? Try some ethanol and fly past 500
Old 12-28-2015, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Chitoki
Power still seems low for 16psi.... I assume you are running 91 and that's holding you back? Try some ethanol and fly past 500
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that part. Tuned on shell 91. It's hard to find 94 in my area so I had my friend tune it for 91.

Also for what it's worth, this was tuned on a dyno dynamics dyno and he said all stock s2ks that he's dyno'd hit around 180 whp. My car was at 370 on his dyno and he said if I were to dyno on a dynojet, it'd be closer to 450.

Numbers are so misleading depending on dynos so I just go by what cars I've encountered and at this point at higher speeds, I've been even with a camaro zl1, corvette zr1, Benz c63 AMG, got pulled on by a car length from a 911 turbo s, walked an Audi S6 and slowly pulled on a tesla. I know that in stock form I can barely hang with a newer accord so I'm pretty happy with the results.

Quick Reply: Ducati bike talking smack