S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

The controversial N/A S2k vs a 6.0 GTO debate..

Old 10-13-2015, 07:56 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default The controversial N/A S2k vs a 6.0 GTO debate..

So theres been a ton of stories in this forum of N/A S2ks beating up on the newer GTOs, some 5.7s and other stories about beating 6.0s as well.

I encountered an orange 6.0 GTO with at least an exhaust while cruising around tonight, so here we go!

I passed him briskly on an open road, we were going maybe 40-45, I passed him in 2nd gear at about 6.5-7k, whatever 45 equates to. Shifted into 3rd, and kept slightly accelerating, so maybe at like 6k in 3rd when I hear him gun it from about a car length behind, he gets right at my rear fender when I punch it in 3rd, and were off. He pulls even with me right at the top of 3rd, and he shifts, but I hang in it all the way 8500, shift into 4th and hes at my rear bumper, keep in it to about 100-105 and the road starts to get curvy so we shut it down, all the while he stayed at my rear bumper.

We both pull up to a stop light, straight open road in front of us, I was ready for round 2 from a dig, perfect scenario, I'm confident. I see him with his arm up in the car, and he drops his arm, I TAKE OFF, feathering the throttle in first to maintain traction.. annnddddd he turns left at the stop sign.

Oh well. I'll take my "kill", was hoping to get a better run with him, but the universe had other plans.

My mods are a healthy F22, FIPK, stock header, 3" HKS headerback exhaust, 8lb flywheel, TC105N wheels (15lbs each) and the infamous Gerntune on flashpro. Trunk is all gutted, no spare, no insulation etc, so a teeny bit of weight savings as well.

This is not the first 6.0 GTO I've beaten up in an S2k before either. There are multiple stories out there, and I do think it's possible on the streets. My best guess is if we dont let them get the jump, quick shifts and (the big one) shut it down before you get to high enough speeds where the weight doesn't matter as much anymore, you can edge out a kill. Because yes, I know. Theres no way in hell we should be pulling out wins on cars that can pull 12.9s in the quarter.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I find it hard to beleive stockish s2ks are beating 6.0s. My co worker has a 6.0 and I beat him with my 6psi supercharger set up but not enough where I'd think a NA would win. Who knows though
Old 10-14-2015, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a believer! I have hung with a gto (not sure which displcmt as it was at night). I am game to test my ap2 out against any newer STOCK gto. PM me . Located in socal...

I have 20 more rwhp than the time of the gto run in. However..If it's not stock, I won't mess with it.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:04 PM

I pulled an sti before lol. Use the element of surprise, the possibilities are endless my friend
Old 10-15-2015, 04:57 PM

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

Keep in mind the s2000 shines from a roll.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:52 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DARK_S2000
I pulled an sti before lol. Use the element of surprise, the possibilities are endless my friend
And I've lost to an Sti, a trail blazer SS (has same engine as GTO) and I've walked away from a 370. Literally anything can happen on the streets lol
Old 10-18-2015, 06:24 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

If you walked away from the 370 there's a good chance the guy couldn't drive, or wasn't racing. Those things trap like 7-8 mph more than an s2k in the 1/4 mile. And they pull good for their weight.

Just realized you have a tune.... Oops lol
Old 10-19-2015, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by silverstonejedi
I'm a believer! I have hung with a gto (not sure which displcmt as it was at night). I am game to test my ap2 out against any newer STOCK gto. PM me . Located in socal...

I have 20 more rwhp than the time of the gto run in. However..If it's not stock, I won't mess with it.
I'm not a believer. I am happy to run you in my not stock, but heavier, 4 door GTO replacement. ala Pontiac G8.
You and I are both in OC, so anytime..

In a race anything can happen. But shouldn't.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:07 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Anrosphynx
Originally Posted by silverstonejedi' timestamp='1444870739' post='23775779

I'm not a believer. I am happy to run you in my not stock, but heavier, 4 door GTO replacement. ala Pontiac G8.

I pull on my best friend's G8 non-gxp with intake and headers. I had test pipe and tuned kpro. Since then he has a cam, dod delete, stall, and suspension mods, so things would be different now...atleast until thursday, when I have my novi1200 installed. I will be on the hunt for the GTOs now.

Edit: He stated he was not tuned, tune cam after the run done by Chris from CHenry Motorsports sorry for the confusion
Old 10-19-2015, 03:08 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE
Originally Posted by Anrosphynx' timestamp='1445282818' post='23780169
[quote name='silverstonejedi' timestamp='1444870739' post='23775779']

I pull on my best friend's G8 non-gxp with intake,tune and headers. I had test pipe and tuned kpro. Since then he has a cam, dod delete, stall, and suspension mods, so things would be different now...atleast until thursday, when I have my novi1200 installed. I will be on the hunt for the GTOs now.
[/quote]

Not to sound bitter, but that's crazy my friends g8 gt with bolt ons and tune trapped 114mph. I don't see how you could mess up a race like that with a faster car and an auto unless he had a shitty tune.

Good kill, but their physics are being turned off or something for some of these races

Quick Reply: The controversial N/A S2k vs a 6.0 GTO debate..