S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Crazy Vw Drivers

Old 07-23-2004, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -Yz-,Jul 24 2004, 04:52 AM
Please people, none of you ever played around on the road I had 5 dubs before getting an S2k, most of you owners here are late 30's and up... and that's on the low end. Besides, this entire forum is full of people breaking the law on the street (90% of it anyway) and there is video footage of some of it.
Yea, I'm guilty of playing around in the road, but not like what is displayed in the video. I know the limitations of my car, and I always stay below it. People often ask me what is the fastest I've taken my car too, I reply 125mph; they usually reply in awe. My car is not an Indy/ F1 car, my car is not a PTG car, my car is not setup for road race, and most importantly, the streets of LA is not freshly paved, pot hole free and free of debris.

Age is irrelevant when it comes to driving responsibly. I learned responsibility about driving after the first year. I find it rather remarkable how these teens can commit the same stupid traffic infractions over and over again to the point where their license gets suspended

No offense to the owners, but being in the late 30's and up driving a VW is remarkable, but I'll have to ask because sooner or later someone will... what did those people do for the first 20 years of his/her life? Spend their money on drugs?
Old 07-24-2004, 02:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by S4_dukar,Jul 23 2004, 11:30 PM
No offense to the owners, but being in the late 30's and up driving a VW is remarkable, but I'll have to ask because sooner or later someone will... what did those people do for the first 20 years of his/her life? Spend their money on drugs?
Wow! I am appalled to see this post. But first thing first, you do know that VW now makes a $90K car, right? Secondly, I have a family member who's a medical doctor and he drives a Passat, but lives in a mansion. Do you think he's a poor bastard who spent his money on drugs? However, he is a dumb bastard for buying a Passat when a Camry and Accord are much more reliable, for the same money. In addition, he's a cheap bastard for not driving a Lexus or anything similar or more expensive. He's anything but a poor bastard who spent his money on drugs in the first 20 years of his life. This has got to be the most ignorant post I've come across on this board. By the way, he's in his early 60's now.

Finally, you do know that the majority of Passat owners are rather "old", right? You did know that, didn't you? They are not certainly in their teens or 20's, much like Camry owners. Do you also think that most Camry drivers are remarkably pathetic people who spent their money on drugs, since Camry's are not expensive? I'm just too appalled to post any further. Too appalled!

No, I've never owned a VW to be defending it. The post is just too appalling.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:19 AM

Are those Passat and VW owners who live in mansions enthusiasts? Do they show up at VW events? After all, I am not referring to VW owners all together, only the enthusiasts.

I can see how my statement could have been interpreted a little arrogant, but it shouldn
Old 07-24-2004, 08:48 AM

S4 dukar's right, we all do stupid ssit once in a while and that's because we need a brake from normal life which lead us to do something more exciting. I can understand that when you roll in a pack the first driver's going to think

"Am I driving too slow for those guys? Or are they thinking that I am a wussy if I don't drive fast in this awsome car?" Therefore he'll do something stupid like switching lanes and speeding. Then the guy who's driving the same car in the back would think. "wow he's really doing, should I follow him and let him know that he's not the only baddest MF on the street?" See the pressure on the leader of the pack? And see how the rest would follow if he does something stupid?

I think self control is the most important key to do anything when it comes to club meeting or race set up. I personally have never met up with anyone else who has an S2k before and this is one of the reason. I'm afraid to do stupid ssit and I am afraid to be the one who's pressuring the other person to do stupid ssit.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:58 AM

This topic is getting way out of hand and is starting to spawn some very ignorant comments. Point being, don't flame a few kids because they were driving in control through some cones on a highway when most of us have done the same thing or something similar at one point in time in whatever car you drive/drove. It has nothing to do with VW... that's just ridiculous, it just so happens that's what was in the video. You'll see the same crap in other car forums, I don't need to tell you this though. I see this crap all the time in DC/Northern Virginia and it involves WRX's, Caddy's (yes Caddy's), 'mostly' Honda's, and all sorts of other cars so please end it. Don't single out one group.

Look through this forum, it's full of people acting retarded and racing reckless on public roads... but I guess that's ok though right?
Comments like the below are examples that you guys need to take a step back and question your ability to have a intelligent argument. You'd think some of you were in the same age group you argue as 'most VW drivers' by listening to the bullshiet leaking down the corners of your mouth.

VW drivers thinking their cars are sports car
[QUOTE]it
Old 07-24-2004, 09:12 AM

No kidding... It just of easily could have been a bunch of Civics or a couple of dumbass kids that Mommy and Daddy bought S2000's. Dumb ass kids will be dumb ass kids no matter what they are driving...

Nice Stereotyping! Next time throw in a few racial slurrs and we will really have something to read..

KiD
Old 07-24-2004, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by S4KiD,Jul 24 2004, 12:12 PM
Nice Stereotyping! Next time throw in a few racial slurrs and we will really have something to read..
Thank you, finally some realism. To loosen up everyone here is a pic of my former VW, I used to try to run people off the road with it every chance I got. But u all knew that already.

Old 07-24-2004, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by -Yz-,Jul 24 2004, 04:58 PM
Comments like the below are examples that you guys need to take a step back and question your ability to have a intelligent argument. You'd think some of you were in the same age group you argue as 'most VW drivers' by listening to the bullshiet leaking down the corners of your mouth.

You argue that I cannot conduct an intelligent argument, yet you fail to quote my entire quote.

Perhaps you should take my fore mentioned advice and contact your 2nd grade grammar teacher.

For future note, if you plan on using someone's quote, pastes the entire sentence, leaving fragmented quotes makes you look ignorant.

Re-read my entire post, and contact your 2nd grade teacher for assistance. If you fail to notice most of your fragmented quotes is in referral to my personal experiences on canyon runs.

Okay, enough; I don't have time to baby sit anymore.

Old 07-24-2004, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by S4_dukar,Jul 24 2004, 05:32 PM
You argue that I cannot conduct an intelligent argument, yet you fail to quote my entire quote.

contact your 2nd grade grammar teacher.
if you plan on using someone's quote, "pastes" the entire sentence
pwned! nuff said.