S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Street Encounters (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/)
-   -   Dodge Magnum RT vs. Stock S2 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/dodge-magnum-rt-vs-stock-s2-223794/)

Mafster 07-26-2004 09:04 AM

Dodge Magnum RT vs. Stock S2

Had a fun run with my just broken-in '04 S2 and a new Magnum RT. It was a smooth 1/4 mile run with the S2 easily taking the RT. Have to admit those beasts are pretty fast but I had him from 2nd gear (car length) forward. He was too embarassed to even look at me at the next light. Heck it is all for fun anyway. I think he had seen the Dodge RT commercial (sports car vs. RT) and thought he had a "real" chance at taking me too. :D

Slithr 07-26-2004 10:09 AM

You might have to watch out for the SRT-8 version to be out shortly.

S2KEvolution 07-26-2004 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mafster,Jul 26 2004, 11:04 AM
Had a fun run with my just broken-in '04 S2 and a new Magnum RT. It was a smooth 1/4 mile run with the S2 easily taking the RT. Have to admit those beasts are pretty fast but I had him from 2nd gear (car length) forward. He was too embarassed to even look at me at the next light. Heck it is all for fun anyway. I think he had seen the Dodge RT commercial (sports car vs. RT) and thought he had a "real" chance at taking me too. :D

they have alot of power, but they are also very heavy...

vader1 07-27-2004 09:39 AM

I saw one car mag article that tested it to 0-60 in about 5.6 seconds. Automobile magazine just did a review of the RT Hemi and only got it to do 6.2 or 6.3.

Optikal 07-27-2004 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mafster,Jul 26 2004, 09:04 AM

Uh Oh, I smell a manufacturer rebate. I bet the Magnum owner is currently writing a letter to Dodge,

"Dear Sirs,

After viewing your commercial of a Magnum beating a lotus I immediately purchased one. I was really excited to buy a station wagon that can beat a real sports car while hauling my kids and camping gear! But, your commercial fooled me as I was beaten by a Honda S2000. A Four Cylinder!

This is unacceptable. I was clearly missled by your commerical and demand compensation for my bruised ego and stupidity. I would like lifetime oil changes and a full refund."

Anyone remember the law suit with the VW turaeg commercial? The guy who trailored too much weight after seeing the vehicle in the commerical doing it?

S2KEvolution 07-27-2004 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Optikal,Jul 27 2004, 12:11 PM
Uh Oh, I smell a manufacturer rebate. I bet the Magnum owner is currently writing a letter to Dodge,

"Dear Sirs,

After viewing your commercial of a Magnum beating a lotus I immediately purchased one. I was really excited to buy a station wagon that can beat a real sports car while hauling my kids and camping gear! But, your commercial fooled me as I was beaten by a Honda S2000. A Four Cylinder!

This is unacceptable. I was clearly missled by your commerical and demand compensation for my bruised ego and stupidity. I would like lifetime oil changes and a full refund."

Anyone remember the law suit with the VW turaeg commercial? The guy who trailored too much weight after seeing the vehicle in the commerical doing it?

:LOL: that's funny, that would hilarious if someone did that

Mafster 07-27-2004 11:21 AM

:iagree:
LMAO

carace 07-31-2004 06:56 AM

Yes, VW did get into a bit of hot water on that one. The Airstream's
weight was within the towing limits. The tongue wieght of the trailer
was a little over VW's specs. It seems also that after that VW changed
the specs. for the SUV just enough so the Airstream was ok.

I don't think the company meant to be misleading though. Now does
any one remember the old Joe Isuzu ads. Now those were misleading! ;)
I almost bought an Impulse because it came with a satelite dish.