S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

g35 and a mk5 gti

Old 11-09-2010, 09:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default g35 and a mk5 gti

So I have had two encounters on my way home from work the past week. My car is bone stock other than coilovers at the time of these.

-The other day I was crusing on the interstate after work real late at night, when a white mk5 gti with a REALY loud BOV and sounded like a strait pipe exhaust rolled up next to me a was letting it make its noise. I decided okay sounds fun, lined up from a 40mph roll (he wanted to do a 40mph), beeped and took off. He jumped about half a car real quick but by 80mph we were dead even up until about 110 when we both left off. It was a good run!

-Last night while coming home from work on the exact same stretch of interstate, a lowered grey g35 with wheels and a loud exhaust was riding my ass. I was tired, so I was just gonna let it blow by, but he rolled up next to me and was looking over smirking with this girl with him. I guess that put me in the mood lol. We lined up from about a 55 roll and beeped. I instantly pulled a car and held it until about 110 again and we let off. He didnt look over as he did the ricer fly-by. Must have been upset!
Old 11-14-2010, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most mkv's don't run BOV's unless they are BT. Probably had a spacer or just a loud ass intake. If you are stock he was probably stage 1. If you would have kept going you might have pulled on him.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:57 PM

Great runs!
Mkv had more mods for sure. If the exhaust was pretty loud it's had a down pipe. Also if he kept up with you, like the other guy said he was probably stage 1 maybe even stage 2.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:04 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

You let off too early on each run, by 120mph you should have 2-3 cars easily on those douche wagons.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

GTI must have had a lot of mods. Those things are super slow stock.
Nice runs!
Old 11-18-2010, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Disgustipated,Nov 15 2010, 11:04 PM
You let off too early on each run, by 120mph you should have 2-3 cars easily on those douche wagons.
hehe

thanks everyone for the nice comments!
I normally just mind my own business but I guess the yellow makes everyone wanna run me lol
Old 11-18-2010, 08:31 AM

oh and i forgot i have another new one to add:
the other night while driving with my windows down i hear some dude in a white 350z(early model, not a hirev) laughing or something. We stop at a light and I look over and he was smriking and making comments to his girlfriend about my S or something. So I look over at him and shake me head, then as the light turns green we both go normally, then i hear him floor it. I was still in 1st so I floor it also, and start pulling. Right as I shift into 2nd my back tire is right by his window, and i chriped em haha! He couldnt even hang, pulled 2 cars or so. We pull up and stop at the next light, I look over and start laughing and he looks strait ahead with shame. lol!!
Old 11-19-2010, 03:56 PM

^ Awesome! Way to stick it to the douche. Some tool 17 year old kid around here has an auto g35 and thinks it puts down 280whp stock. He said his car was a civic killer so I tried to put him up against my friends bolt on Si and he said he would beat it. So I told him to go for money and he wouldn't lol
Old 11-19-2010, 06:03 PM

^haha thanks dude!!
Back when i was in highschool I knew some kids with auto Zs that thought they were the shit too, none of them would run my wheel-spinnin' prelude back in the day
Old 11-21-2010, 07:07 PM

Me and my friend who has a mkv raced a stock s2k on the way back home. My friend had everything on his car before going S2(intake,DV, catless-DP,exhaust) We did 3 deeps and he pulled right away and stayed 2 cars infront. If the gti was staying up with you he was S1, if he was S2 he would have pulled.

Quick Reply: g35 and a mk5 gti