S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Im not a ''hater''

Old 01-26-2007, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N/Apower,Jan 26 2007, 12:54 AM
Eh, Mine would be for sale for an S if I could get enough $$ out of it for a clean S. I am tired of replacing shit GM parts, lol. I do it b/c I love LS1 power though I guess. 300+whp stock is pretty cool, but it comes at the price of shitty quality it seems. So far I have owned the car for 2 months and gone through over $750 in repairs for parts alone. Kinda irritating. Oh well, I plan on making my next car a Chrysler product and it will be in about 5-10 years when that happens...guess what my eye is on
$750 isn't bad at all for a 5 y.o. car. How many miles are on it? Nothing lasts forever, and basic maintenance includes replacing parts that naturally wear out. Go buy a 5 y.o. M3 and see what the bills could be.

You have two choices - decide to hate the car and spend the rest of your ownership finding things to criticize, or decide to like the car and fix what you think needs improvement. The engine will run for hundreds of thousands of miles with care. The only test is as an owner, whether you will do your part and see that the machine gets what it needs.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:53 PM

[QUOTE=GT_2003,Jan 26 2007, 02:19 PM] $750 isn't bad at all for a 5 y.o. car.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by N/Apower,Jan 26 2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah, just a pain not having the car in 100% functional condition since I have owned it. I think after the water pump and window motor get put in over the next week or so it should be good to go. So far:

Window motor
Water pump
Fuel pump
IAC
Wheel bearings
O2 sensor throwing intermittant codes (its the one after-cat, I dont care, lol.)

So far its just minor stuff. Anywho, only 78K babied miles on her. I think after I get it all in working order I'll love it to death

I like the look of the S2K, but my black/black WS6 looks MEAN!

Was kinda pissed last night when I posted, lol. (I would still take an Ap2 S2K over it though, I just love those things, but ONLY! if it was hardtop).

PS. the Chrysler product that I mentioned would be an Viper. I have always wanted one and I plan on making good on my childhood dream of owning one some day. Reguardless of its "fit/finish" or pedigree. Its a damn beast.
A Viper huh......well, I guess if I had to settle.....JK. The Viper is a beast indeed. Good luck on acquiring one.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:20 PM

^Thanks, this isn't a "Im getting one when next year" type thing. More like "this is one of the things I am going to do to make myself feel young again when I hit 35 and notice grey in my stubble."
Old 01-27-2007, 03:30 PM

Welcome LS1 owner! I to own an ls1. I have an 04' GTO with the mods in my sig. I have loved the car so far. Great power, mods or everywhere and great power to $$$ ratio. I also owned an s for about 2 years prior to my GTO. I miss it alot.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Currahee474,Jan 24 2007, 07:50 PM
hey. welcome. thank god you aren't an asshole.

p.s. if you get a chance, drive an s2k. gauruntee your car will go for sale the next day.
A friend at work bought an S2000 last year, brand new, dark blue. Nice car. Handles good, a little cramped feeling though. I am 6'2, about 200 lbs.

I got a question for you guys. We took it out for a test drive, came up to a light and I told him to punch it.

The clutch slipped and stunk up the place. It slipped in second too. Didn't even get a wheel. It seemed like it had enough power to pull it off though.

He told me the clutch was "designed" to do that. Is that true?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Roastem,Jan 30 2007, 11:38 AM
A friend at work bought an S2000 last year, brand new, dark blue. Nice car. Handles good, a little cramped feeling though. I am 6'2, about 200 lbs.

I got a question for you guys. We took it out for a test drive, came up to a light and I told him to punch it.

The clutch slipped and stunk up the place. It slipped in second too. Didn't even get a wheel. It seemed like it had enough power to pull it off though.

He told me the clutch was "designed" to do that. Is that true?
No, but the stock clutch is a total POS from everything I have heard and according to Honda's techs at our local dealership is designed to only hold 225whp or so.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:07 AM

The clutch was designed to do that....well sort of. It's a clutch delay valve. It was installed in the 05 and up, myabe 04's not 100% sure. This is there to prolong the drivetrain. It reduces shock loads, the kind that happen when you drop the clutch or punch it at low RPM's. Im sure some of the veteran guys/ guys with ap2's can help me out with a more indepth explanation
Old 01-30-2007, 11:34 AM

He also said it was a metallic clutch, but I know the smell of a burnt clutch. It is unmistakable. It DEFINITELY smelled like the burnt clutch on a high powered mustang or camaro.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by s2kmaniac81,Jan 30 2007, 12:07 PM
The clutch was designed to do that....well sort of. It's a clutch delay valve. It was installed in the 05 and up, myabe 04's not 100% sure. This is there to prolong the drivetrain. It reduces shock loads, the kind that happen when you drop the clutch or punch it at low RPM's. Im sure some of the veteran guys/ guys with ap2's can help me out with a more indepth explanation
So you can't drop the clutch at high RPM? That sucks dude. What idiot would want that on their sports car? Kinda like the traction control I had on my 01 Cobra, I turned that crap off every time I started her up.

I would have that thing bypassed immediately.

P.S. Love the way V-tec kicks in on those cars. My buddy would never shift past 5.5K when we cruised in his S2000. From what I have heard, the cam profile doesn't change till like 6K right?

Quick Reply: Im not a ''hater''