S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

my s2k vs. racist in v6 tacoma

Old 02-16-2015, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my s2k vs. racist in v6 tacoma

Looking back, this isn't one of my proudest moments but it sure felt damn good. I was driving straight on a highway at normal speeds, neither tailgating nor leaving too much of a distance between the car in front. I've been in the same lane for about 5 miles already when an early 2000's Tacoma came up fast from behind me and suddenly changed lanes to the right. I glanced over and saw an old white dude rocking every bit of Harley Davidson apparel as possible. He screamed a bunch of derogatory slangs at me and as he sped off did a gun signal with his hands as if he was shooting me. For some reason, that shooting signal really pissed me off and I followed chase. I sped up and cut him off rather closely. He then proceeds to change lanes and I again change right in front of him. This happens over and over until he decides to exit. Still infuriated, I follow him. As we approached the light, I stop further away from the intersection just to line up so I can talk to this guy. He rolls his windows up as and looks straight forward avoiding any eye contact. I screamed "WTF" to get his attention which he then looks over as if he is just noticed I was there. With every bit of composure left, I ask him "Honestly man, what did I do to you?" which he replies "I hate your kind, you're an asshole, get out of my country". I then laugh and ask him why he drives a Toyota if he hates Asians so much. He ignores me and the light turns green and he drives off and I get back on the highway with that encounter in the back of my mind for the rest of the day. Was I smart for doing this? Probably not (he could have had a gun) and admittedly I was somewhat of an asshole for cutting him off so many times. However, I can't help but feel good for standing up for myself! End of rant!
Old 02-16-2015, 11:38 AM

Good i mean you could have been hurt but what happened happened and glad your ok, and you atleast let him know that asians aint no bitch's.LOL people do need to stand up to these people in the safest way possible. if you cant do anything just let them be because they are really hard to change anyways so f@#k em and move in with your life.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

About the dumbest shit I've ever read in this section. You purposefully attempted to escalate the situation. All he had done to you at that point was toss some words your way, but you decided to turn it into something that could have easily spiraled out of control. You're lucky that didn't turn out any worse than it did. You should have just ignored him and gone about your day.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Fokker
About the dumbest shit I've ever read in this section. You purposefully attempted to escalate the situation. All he had done to you at that point was toss some words your way, but you decided to turn it into something that could have easily spiraled out of control. You're lucky that didn't turn out any worse than it did. You should have just ignored him and gone about your day.
whoa there. i already admitted that i did not take the best course of action but given the circumstances and the rage i felt at the moment, i couldn't control myself from retaliating. its easy for you to say that you would not be upset about this incident if it happened to you while sitting behind your computer. the words he tossed pissed me off but the shooting motion he did tipped me over the edge. i don't think I'm the only person who wouldn't ignore this racist guy if this happened to other people.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:09 PM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffnguyen88
whoa there. i already admitted that i did not take the best course of action but given the circumstances and the rage i felt at the moment, i couldn't control myself from retaliating. its easy for you to say that you would not be upset about this incident if it happened to you while sitting behind your computer. the words he tossed pissed me off but the shooting motion he did tipped me over the edge. i don't think I'm the only person who wouldn't ignore this racist guy if this happened to other people.
If you can't control yourself, you shouldn't be driving a 1.5 ton torpedo. It's easy for me to say I wouldn't react to any of it because I've had people road rage on me right outside my window or right in my face. Escalating the situation is not going to improve anything and it's certainly not going to show up anyone. You think his mind was changed or he'll turn over a new leaf after that interaction? I've had plenty of people who have pissed me off on the road, you just ignore it an move on.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:33 PM

easier said than done. its natural that i did not take well to his aggression and was aggressive back as a result. anyone can preach someone to turn the other cheek on the internet. and I'm sure i did not change his mind or turn another leaf. that wasn't my intention. I'm simply showing him that I'm not a little bitch and had (figuratively) bigger balls than he does. which i did.. and it increased my self esteem ever so slightly.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It seems this was more than just road rage. I would have done the same thing if someone is gonna be a racist asshole. I don't condone chasing someone down but in the heat of the moment can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. Who the f@#k does he think he is making a finger gun. That's some Clint Eastwood shit right there. Just remember what goes around comes around. Let that guy be miserable and live his life unhappy. Just try and think before you act next time. Safe driving!
Old 02-16-2015, 07:13 PM

I would have reacted the same way, sorry but i don't take lightly to racism or death threats.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"I hate your kind, you're an asshole, get out of my country"

Perhaps he was talking about hairdressers in convertibles?!

I reckon he had a bad experience at one once?

Seriously though OP You're only human, it's natural to react the way you did;
obviously when you look back now yes you did put yourself in potential harm but thankfully you're ok

Loving the line about driving a Toyota lol good one!
Old 02-17-2015, 05:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Natural reaction but as you already said, probably not the smartest thing to do. You never know what might happen and what someone is willing to do if they feel threatened (which your following him could have made him be).

Be glad it all ended without escalation. Nice win!

Quick Reply: my s2k vs. racist in v6 tacoma