S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Nitrous S2000 vs Drag 5.0

Old 11-04-2010, 06:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nitrous S2000 vs Drag 5.0

This is from about 2 months ago...my bud called me up one night saying how this old 5.0 guy (45) was down at the local hang out saying he wanted to race me and I should come out, this is at 12pm at night with me having work the next day so I said no another time. Well about a week later I pull in to the car wash and what do ya know a 5.0 sitting there just finishing up. I start washing my car and as I figured he came over and starts chit chatting asking if how fast I am etc etc. Anyways I said we can run it after I finish washing my car, we both agree on a place close by and head for there.

Now when my friend was talking to him he told my friend he was on a 150 shot of nitrous, built motor, drag slicks etc...but when I talked to him at the car was before the race he kept saying he only had a 100 shot and stock motor...I called him out and said bullshit you were telling my bud a week ago that...yada yada, so I figured the hell with it if I lose I lose.

In the race I let off in 4th...watch my windshield how it gets covered in his OIL AND ANTIFREEZE blowing out his exhaust. My full mods are in my sig.

Here's the race the vid explains...

http://www.streetfire.net/video/nitrous-s2...hot_2067507.htm

I say the mustang has the advantage since he has more torque to help him get the up the hill...he even said later if it would have been a level road I would of been MUCH closer.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gotta say not bad at all. Oh well win some lose some right?
Old 11-04-2010, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Fallen,Nov 4 2010, 07:38 PM
I gotta say not bad at all. Oh well win some lose some right?
right theres always someone faster!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:18 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You won't find different results when you race on flat ground, I promise.

Reminds me of this guy:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuUCoAWTjxo [/media]
Old 11-05-2010, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by OMG VTEC,Nov 4 2010, 09:18 PM
You won't find different results when you race on flat ground, I promise.
him having 200tq more than me def makes it easier for him to get up the hill or off the line you can't deny that
Old 11-06-2010, 09:16 AM

I agree that a car with more torque is going to have a better chance off the line because it has a broader powerband, but the other part, I am going to go ahead and deny that. The advantage the car has because it has more torque doesn't change if the car is going downhill, on a flat surface, or uphill in a race. Both cars are experiencing the same condition and constant gravitational affect.

I'm definitely not a physics expert so if someone can explain why I'm wrong (or right) in detail, I would love to hear it.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:37 AM

Think of it like this...2 tractor trailers with the same exact engine/hp and tq are going up a steep hill...Truck A has a full load while the other B Truck is empty...obviously B truck is going to get up the hill first and faster because it has less weight and is putting its torque more towards the truck getting up the hill... rather than trying to carry that full load with the extra weight and trying to get up the hill like Truck A...now think of this way if Truck A with the full load had another 200tq over Truck B the empty one both trucks would get up the hill much closer.

Now think that way and rem my car weighs about the same as his but he has 200tq more.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:44 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Your example is besides the point IMHO..

Him having more torque at almost the same weight = you losing on any dry surface no matter the incline.. Flat land.. Or downhill

With that being said that's only my opinion.. If I'm wrong please correct me..
Old 11-06-2010, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by bluemetals2k,Nov 6 2010, 09:37 AM
Think of it like this...2 tractor trailers with the same exact engine/hp and tq are going up a steep hill...Truck A has a full load while the other B Truck is empty...obviously B truck is going to get up the hill first and faster because it has less weight and is putting its torque more towards the truck getting up the hill... rather than trying to carry that full load with the extra weight and trying to get up the hill like Truck A...now think of this way if Truck A with the full load had another 200tq over Truck B the empty one both trucks would get up the hill much closer.

Now think that way and rem my car weighs about the same as his but he has 200tq more.
Your example does not fit our discussion.

More torque is the Mustang's advantage, period. Uphill/flat/downhill, the advantage is the same.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:49 AM

I'm done arguing break time

Quick Reply: Nitrous S2000 vs Drag 5.0