S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Street Encounters (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/)
-   -   Old man and an NSX. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/old-man-nsx-197317/)

yellafeva 04-07-2004 12:29 AM

Old man and an NSX.

After work today, I was driving on a highway (not freeway) with a speed limit of only 45mph. Anyway, from a distance, I saw a yellow car ahead. At first, I thought it was a Ferrari, but upon my driving closer, I recognized it was a new-model yellow NSX-T. It's gotta be the best-looking NSX I've ever seen. Awesome looking BBS wheels with tires of at least 300 in width; gorgeous wide body kit; very low to the ground; nice spoiler; beautiful looking dual exhausts; etc.

When I got next to him at the light, I looked over and saw it was an old Asian man (about 60ish) enjoying the sun with his T-tops off. He looked over and gave me a smile. My top was down too. Light turned green, and we both rolled off. We both looked at each other and I pointed ahead. He smiled and obliged. Still in first and I punched it. We were both even for a second, and I thought to myself: "Hell yeah! I'm keeping up with a new NSX." Next thing I knew, I heard a whining of a supercharger, and BAM! He was gone, just like that. So I gave up.

Finally saw him a few minutes later parked in front of a store. I pulled in and we chatted for a couple minutes. Turned out, he had a supercharger, among other stuff, and put out over 460 rwhp. No wonder he left me like that. He said a few more mods and he'll be well over 500 rwhp. Very nice old man! He's Vietnamese, and only been in the U.S. for 8 years. A fresh immigrant with money. :LOL: His English was very good for a newcomer, esp. an old Asian man. :LOL: I want a piece of what business he's in. :D

All in all, a fun race and a good chat. But best of all, a gorgeous car, and he let me try out his seat. :p Old Asian man still has fun with modded cars. :thumbup:

kumar75150 04-07-2004 12:31 AM

damn...an NSX that can backup its looks with its performance

NICE

yellafeva 04-07-2004 12:32 AM

Yep, but not the right car for him. "C'mon old man, I should be driving that car." :LOL: He should be comfortable in a Lexus or something.

frans2k 04-07-2004 08:31 AM

Good death! Sweet car, I wish I could've seen it.

under-rated 04-07-2004 09:05 AM

:LOL:

joeking1978 04-07-2004 10:17 AM

That WILL be my next ride!

(I'll just have to call off the wedding and live by myself for a while!)

under-rated 04-07-2004 10:24 AM

Mortgage brokers make BANK, NSX no sweat. ;)

Diablo99V 04-07-2004 12:07 PM

NSX or Elise will be my next ride. Of course when I hit the lotto or something :LOL:

yellafeva 04-07-2004 03:08 PM

Originally posted by BruteHareS2k
NSX or Elise will be my next ride. Of course when I hit the lotto or something :LOL:
Elise is not too much more expensive than an S. NSX is twice the price of an Elise though.

Just for reference and because we've been talking about the E55 AMG, that NSX could've blown a stock E55 AMG out of the water. I asked him what his NSX could do in the 1/4 mi, and he said back when he barely had over 400rwhp, he did 11.6 at a track, and he said he could've done better. Now that he has over 460 rwhp, he's estimating very low 11's to possible high 10's. That's much faster than a mid-12 car (E55) and high-13 (S2000). He seemed like a very honest man so I don't doubt him at all. A Z06 with about 360 rwhp is already capable of low 12's, or even high 11's on very rare occassions.

soundzero 04-07-2004 06:26 PM

I've seen photos! I wouldn't know what to do If I ever saw one on the street. Let alone, run against one! That would have been the sweetest race ever.

On a lighter note, I ran against 911 turbo once. Needless to say, after 2nd gear, I admired beautiful ass of 911 disappearing in front of my eyes.