People wanting to race you in a very unlikely car - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Street Encounters
Reload this Page >

People wanting to race you in a very unlikely car

Notices
S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

People wanting to race you in a very unlikely car

 
Old 03-02-2011, 04:21 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default People wanting to race you in a very unlikely car

I think I get this on a daily basis..people in their minivans, accords, camrys, focus, sonatas, 328s, etc wanting to race you on the streets and tailgating you lol. Past Sunday, a Geo Tracker was driving like a maniac on Grand Central Parkway in NY to pass me, at the end I let him go. Do you get this on a daily basis? if so, any memorable unlikely cars?
s2000nnj is offline  
Old 03-02-2011, 06:39 PM
  #2  
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have had similar experiences. Apparently a lot of SUVs like to try to race me. Gas is expensive enough already so I just ignore them.
651_ap2 is offline  
Old 03-02-2011, 08:23 PM
  #3  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rogersville, Alabama
Posts: 1,331
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Just the other day a guy and his buddies tried racing me in their automatic g37...that woulda been fun. And guys in trucks are ALL the time trying to race me lol.
barrett4bama is offline  
Old 03-02-2011, 08:40 PM
  #4  
Sponsor
 
Moddiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 28,643
Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Too bad those Camry's and Accords now a days will give you a run for your money if not beat S2k's. (stock that is)
__________________
[/url]
Moddiction is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 12:03 AM
  #5  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

as long as you take em off the line , and they probably wouldnt bother try gunning it some more haha
UHHSON is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 03:07 AM
  #6  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 562
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Moddiction View Post
Too bad those Camry's and Accords now a days will give you a run for your money if not beat S2k's. (stock that is)
the ~2010 V6 Camry will do 0-60 in like 6.3 sec, which i think is still slower than any stock S2000 with a healthy engine. i believe a V6 Accord will be around the 6.5-6.7 sec range. don't S2000s do about 5.8-6.0, depending on launch?
boofer is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 03:56 AM
  #7  
 
SOL1D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 414
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I get alot of TC's and XB's revving on me, for the most part I don't even turn my head to look their way.
SOL1D is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 04:59 AM
  #8  
Moderator
 
Gigdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cockeysville,MD \>
Posts: 281,629
Thanked 402 Times in 228 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by s2000nnj View Post
I think I get this on a daily basis..people in their minivans, accords, camrys, focus, sonatas, 328s, etc wanting to race you on the streets and tailgating you lol. Past Sunday, a Geo Tracker was driving like a maniac on Grand Central Parkway in NY to pass me, at the end I let him go. Do you get this on a daily basis? if so, any memorable unlikely cars?
maybe they just want to pass you cus you are going slow?
Gigdy is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 05:04 AM
  #9  
Sponsor
 
Moddiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 28,643
Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by boofer View Post
the ~2010 V6 Camry will do 0-60 in like 6.3 sec, which i think is still slower than any stock S2000 with a healthy engine. i believe a V6 Accord will be around the 6.5-6.7 sec range. don't S2000s do about 5.8-6.0, depending on launch?

Actually both the Camry v6 and Accord v6 are around 5.7 seconds 0-60 now. So a very tight race against an S2000. Catch the s2000 out of vtec and will definitely get beat.
__________________
[/url]
Moddiction is offline  
Old 03-03-2011, 05:44 AM
  #10  
 
Reckon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Market, AL
Posts: 3,793
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

They see me rollin'...they hatin'....
Reckon is offline  

Quick Reply: People wanting to race you in a very unlikely car


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands