S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

People wanting to race you in a very unlikely car

Old 08-01-2011, 04:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Teenage Punks in MazdaSpeed vehicles..........

These are the very ones, who because of their inmature driving habits, drive my Insurance rates sky high. Through no fault of mine, and the maturity of not "biting" on their ambition to race on the street, have countless wrecks and 'cause the Insurance Industry havoc and heartburn which in turn, makes them jack up the rates for the rest of us.

I am thinking about getting a hand held plackard about the size of a fan, and sporting into the windshield to everyone that feels the need to embarrase themselves that reads....."Take It To The Track...and bring your Daddy's checkbook".
Old 08-01-2011, 06:23 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by zacksdad2

These are the very ones, who because of their inmature driving habits, drive my Insurance rates sky high. Through no fault of mine, and the maturity of not "biting" on their ambition to race on the street, have countless wrecks and 'cause the Insurance Industry havoc and heartburn which in turn, makes them jack up the rates for the rest of us.

I am thinking about getting a hand held plackard about the size of a fan, and sporting into the windshield to everyone that feels the need to embarrase themselves that reads....."Take It To The Track...and bring your Daddy's checkbook".
I agree with you, the civic crowd here has died down here(alittle)...the teens that drive the nissans and mazdas are taking over, the 240 kids the think they can drift on public roads after a florida rain is something to watch out for...
Old 08-02-2011, 06:05 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by zacksdad2

I get your rant but... WTF? What does this have to do about someone trying to race you in a very unlikely car?
Old 08-18-2011, 10:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BrockB
i think a lot of you fail to realize that at least half of these cars are f@#king with you out of blatant sarcasm to see how you act!
of course, that doesnt exclude the exceptions of some true retards out there (oh damn, i cant say retard according to the nba commission- i almost forgot sorry)
part of me wants to believe this, but another part says, nope dude, face it, there are alot of DB's out there who actually think their POS can beat the s2k because they have an intake or a bolt on muffler.

some of the most random cars that have tried to race me include Stratus RT, Grand Am's (yes you read that right) G6's and riced out hondas. 90% of the time I just mind my own buisness and ignore them, but some times if im in a grumpy mood ill say f*ck it and show them whats up, as the sound of vtec puts a smile on my face
Old 08-19-2011, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leov36
there are alot of DB's out there who actually think their POS can beat the s2k because they have an intake or a bolt on muffler.
And at least as many DB's out there who actually think their S2K can beat car XX because they have an intake or a bolt on muffer. Or a giant wing.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Originally Posted by boofer' timestamp='1299154034' post='20326834
the ~2010 V6 Camry will do 0-60 in like 6.3 sec, which i think is still slower than any stock S2000 with a healthy engine. i believe a V6 Accord will be around the 6.5-6.7 sec range. don't S2000s do about 5.8-6.0, depending on launch?

Actually both the Camry v6 and Accord v6 are around 5.7 seconds 0-60 now. So a very tight race against an S2000. Catch the s2000 out of vtec and will definitely get beat.
You are correct. There are a lot of cars including the new KIA's that will give the AP1/AP2 a run for their money these days. Not hating, just reality.

I was messing around with an AP2 last weekend on HWY 26 (twisties) and he could not keep up with my Z4MC. But as a former S2000 owner I know what they can and cannot do (stock and modified).
Old 09-05-2011, 08:14 PM

A couple months ago, I was at a stop light turning left onto a highway. I was in the front of the line, and there were two turn lanes. An old Subaru Legacy pulled up next to me and started revving his engine. I was completely baffled. So, being mature for a moment, I just looked away. But when the light turned green, I was gone. I was squealing my tires taking the corner and got up to 90 in the straightaway, then I stopped and went back to the 60 MPH speed limit.

I thought it was pretty damn funny.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:51 PM

soooo the out come was that you won im guessing lol
Old 09-16-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by ArchAngel2K
soooo the out come was that you won im guessing lol
Yup!
Old 09-16-2011, 03:03 PM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Funny...Everyone always get's people to race them. I never get challenged in my s2000

Quick Reply: People wanting to race you in a very unlikely car