S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

People wanting to race you in a very unlikely car

Old 11-13-2012, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny! A lot of inbreads with lifted trucks and or soccer moms always try to race. Also, from a red light they accel hard that it kinda seems like they're launching haha
Old 11-13-2012, 06:13 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Gigdy beat me to it
Old 11-14-2012, 11:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s2knkde
I looked over just in time to see him rear-end a car...I was way ahead once this happened, otherwise I would have stopped to make sure he was ok.
Lol, which one is it? Sounds like you were too busy laughing.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:27 PM

Had a guy in an Acura ZDX over the weekend, just down shifted to 2nd and was gone lol.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Community Organizer

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

For some reason that happens to me all the time. From trucks with lift kits, SUV's. I guess our cars just look fast driving down the road. I had the queen with me headed to see my girls in college on a four lane highway, cruising about 75 mph. Turn signal on to pass the blacked out SUV, got around him and turn sign back into the slow lane. Before I knew it the SUV came up into the other lane and started gunning his engine. If the queen wouldn't have been with me, I would have dropped it down to forth gear and stomp it. The queen asked want was that all about. I told her that shit happens all the time. People hate getting passed by an S2000, I guess.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:46 PM

I just bought my S2000 about two weeks ago and get asked to race at least 3 - 4 times a day!
Old 11-16-2012, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by liquid_helix136
Originally Posted by leo520' timestamp='1351515856' post='22115025
Beside some dumb kid hight light on me while tailgating me... i got bitches in bmw break hard in front of me,made me almost hitted her rear end. I got dumb kid tailgating me so close., while i maintain atleast 1 bus length in front of me,still ended up kid almost rear ens me.
R.I.P English
Old 11-21-2012, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by IAmTheRealAsif
Originally Posted by Gigdy' timestamp='1300281641' post='20368288
Cus double clutching is how you race?
LOL no. Granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should? Did you even read my post? I said I DON'T drive fast. I double clutch my down shifts, its smoother.
1. You got ANGRY at a little girl over a snoball. Its a kid and prolly accident. You wouldn't have the snoballs to say that if you saw older boys do it. Every kid giggles and says "oh shi!"
2. It's that behavior is why you have a bad reputation in your community. You prolly got picked on alot in school.
3. You learn your driving skills from fast and furious movies. Vin diesel is helping you get your revenge via "racing"......on the streets like a ricer.
4. YOU SIR talk alot of SHI! on forums, trying to prove your badassery
5. These newer cars do not need double shifting...s2k has a syncros or whatever its called.
6. Please watch toyko drift more and try it out....vin diesil is in it! Wreck your CR and sell it to me salvaged, then go buy a 300C. Douchebox.

Poser patrol says you are out of pre-paid minutes, u Douche. PPl like you make me want to sell my s2k.
I don't even know you and you make me upset, makes me want to call you FA5 and stuff.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by IAmTheRealAsif
Originally Posted by spaded.racer' timestamp='1299779981' post='20350224
This car sure does bring some interesting attention to it. I have only owned it for about 4 months now, only driven it a handful of times due to the winter weather. I drive the car as it should be driven, ie; rev-match/downshift, it's also practice as the car will almost solely be a track/autocross vehicle.

I've been revved at by a mid-90's accord with altezza lights, and rev'd and ricer fly-by by some kid in a tarted up cavalier. It also seems when I pass people they take offense to it and want to ride my ass. I don't mind too much as I enjoy every minute I'm driving the car.

I've been DD/autocrossing a IS300 the past 6 years. Full suspension, full exhaust, and intake. It is still pretty quiet with full exhaust but I think in the entire 6 years I've had only one person try and race me(not that I would, street racing is for idiots). I don't get people riding my ass or being overly aggressive either. />
I seem to have the same issue. I double clutch and heel toe a lot. I don't drive fast or anything but I do it when I can. I get everything riding my ass and trying to race. I think its because its a Honda. lol
read the above post from me. I replied to wrong guy. the "real"
Old 12-20-2012, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My unlikely car was some kind of Audi station wagon. I left work early one day at 7:30 (work 2nd shift) and this kid kept messing with me about half of the way home. So, I finally caved. I didnt launch hard at the light, but he did and got maybe a car lenght or so on me. But, then I proceeded to blow his doors off as I went through 1st and 2nd. Im like That was probably the slowest car Ive ever raced in any car Ive owned. Then, I tried to give him a thumbs up or wave and he wouldn't get next to me no matter how slow I went Guess he was embarrassed...

Quick Reply: People wanting to race you in a very unlikely car