S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Street Encounters (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/)
-   -   Ran into a STI... (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/ran-into-sti-461695/)

customcamry 02-11-2007 03:08 PM

Ran into a STI...

so i was driving home from work last night and i rolled up to a STI on the freeway part of Highway 74 with the speed limit of 55mph. Now, to all of my fellow s2000 owners, sorry, but this thread is about my other car...my nitrous powered camry! :D obviously if i was comin home from delivering pizzas i wouldnt be driving the S u know? anyways, were side by side at 55mph when he decides to floor it with the desire for me to chase im sure...well i do. so we just play cat and mouse for a while, with me following him. i really wanted to race him bc ive never raced a STI but ive always wanted one so bad. we finally get in front of traffic and have a long stretch of road to play with. were rolling at about 40 mph when im just waiting on him to either honk it or go bc i dont have a horn on my Sparco steering wheel. :p anyways, i get tired of waiting and gun it, he goes right after me. he hung with me for a while, to my suprise, bc until about 78 mph he was still in my blind spot, but by the time we got over 80 he started to leak into my rearview mirror and finally a car to 2 car lengths back. after i slowed down i wanted to talk to him but he riced it by me bc he was probably pissed he just got beat by a Camry. :eek3: anyways, he turned shortly there after with not even a wave. i guess hes pretty pissed he "wasted" $35,000 and cant even beat a camry. i knew id probably be able to beat him bc i have already beaten a E46 M3 before, but i still wanted to know. the STI looked and sounded pretty much stock but i never talked to the guy to ask. by the way, i have a 1994 V6 camry with intake, exhaust, camshaft, (no headers), kyb's, strut bar, and a 125 shot of Zex. its an auto which is better for nitrous bc i dont have to stop the nitrous to shift, i just let it pour through! i put down about 310 to the wheels, and sti only puts out 300 at the crank BUT my car weighs 3,800 pounds! hahaha but man can it go!

Davizzle 02-11-2007 03:28 PM

lol awesome....i was at it with this sleeper kia the other day....holy crap did that thing haul ass

Johnny Sack 02-11-2007 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by customcamry,Feb 11 2007, 04:08 PM
so i was driving home from work last night and i rolled up to a STI on the freeway part of Highway 74 with the speed limit of 55mph. Now, to all of my fellow s2000 owners, sorry, but this thread is about my other car...my nitrous powered camry! :D obviously if i was comin home from delivering pizzas i wouldnt be driving the S u know?

this is where i stop reading..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Eluded 02-11-2007 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by customcamry,Feb 11 2007, 04:08 PM
my nitrous powered camry!

:rofl:

the humanity.....

customcamry 02-11-2007 08:51 PM

hahahahaha, hey its fast! ya gotta love a 300+horsepower grocery getter/pizza delivery car!! especially with Volks on it!!

viK 02-12-2007 12:13 AM

should of raced the cobolt in ur camry

stitos2k 02-12-2007 05:13 AM

I don't think he wasted 35k. His car will still out corner you in heartbeat, has awd instead of the fugly fwd, and with a mods and tune he'll have a car that that'll beat you like a redheaded stepchild.

Next time try it at a track, while your front end is bunny hopping down the track he'll be at the finish line getting his time slip.

I'm not trying to be a hater or anything, but I took exception the word "wasted". I could build an old VW rabbit that would hand you your butt if I wanted to make the effort.

Since I have a friend with a 450whp civic, does that mean you "wasted" your money on that camry? His last time slip was 9.4 in the quarter, I think you seriously "wasted" your money on that camry. And yes he drives it daily in rain, sleet, or snow.

customcamry 02-12-2007 07:59 AM

dude i put the term "wasted" in quotations marks bc thats what he was probably thinking. my camry would be nothing without nitrous...and anyone can put nitrous on any car. i dont care about corners when im in the camry i care about beating a car i see on the street, whether it be from a dig (i have a high stall torque converter so i ca n launch my auto at 4 and spray immediately with traction) or a roll; its just funny seeing there faces when they got beat by an unknown camry. but suprisingly, the camry handles very well...with the kyb's, strut bar and 235 width tires, but if i wanted to race it on the track, i whoop up ass with the s2k. sti's are my favorite car that isnt an outrageous price, so theres no way id ever "hate" on them. i also beat an e46 M3 in it, and i know he didnt "waste" his money either. all im saying is that with the mods i have, my car is faster than a stock sti. and i dont care about the camry, i just think its funny, the s2000 is my baby, the camry's my pizza beater/sti beater! hahaha

customcamry 02-12-2007 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Vader,Feb 12 2007, 01:13 AM
should of raced the cobolt in ur camry

if i had, he wouldve been out of my rearview mirror sight within 15 seconds! :LOL:

VisualEchos 02-12-2007 04:29 PM

I don't think his money was "wasted", he would have owned you in any performance category save for the roll. This is a perfect example of a car playing to its strengths, bravo.

Oh, and don't pull up beside me, or I'll show you how you "wasted" your money on a grandma' car :LOL:.