S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Turbo S vs. Porsche Panamera S - sorry, no vid again.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo S vs. Porsche Panamera S - sorry, no vid again.

I'll preface again with a few details on the car. The car made 372 whp on a dyno dynamics dyno. My friend says that it reads low and most stock s2ks hit around 160 whp on that dyno.

The streak of running into high horsepower cars continues. I'll be honest though, I did not think the panamera was anything to look at simply because I thought it was a beast of a vehicle and wouldn't be able to do anything other than carry the porsche logo on a very big frame. I'm glad to say that I was wrong!

Upon leaving Walmart and heading on the highway, I started to change lanes when all of a sudden I was cut off by this huge boat. He really did see me indicating to change lanes and he made an effort to ensure I didn't get into the other lane. I just thought, "meh, another arrogant porsche driver!". When he passed, I noticed the badging on it and I had. I idea if these things were fast or not so I decided to find out.

It's a good thing too because he was already aching to go cruising at 100. I left it in 4th gear and as soon as it opened up, he was off and I was directly behind him and gave chase. The thing sounded mean! I noticed that he wasn't pulling away and I was in fact gaining ever so slightly so I changed to be right outside lane and he went over to the left lane because a car was in the middle. I ended up in front by a small margin but to be honest, traffic started to get thick so I stopped and so did he. Funnily enough, a ford pick up truck was weaving in and out of traffic to catch up and as soon as we stopped, he floored it and kept on going. Not sure what he was trying to prove! Oh well.

I was pretty impressed with that thing but yeah, I'm pretty confident that if there was a lot less traffic and we had a bit more road, I could have had a clean pull away from him.

On a different note, I was driving home tonight on the same road that I saw the panamera s on while in the Ridgeline with the wife, kid and dog as a R35 GTR flew by me followed by an audi S7 (I think it was an S7) as well as a gallardo and then another 911 porsche! The GTR was ages ahead and just killing it. Don't think the porsche or lambo we're chasing though because they were about 5 seconds back. I looked at my wife and kid and said..."you guys ruined my night!"
Old 09-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Ruined only that night?