S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

S2k Stock Vs Sr-t4 Stock

Old 07-21-2004, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, I hate to say it but stock vs stock the SRT-4 will beat you both from a dig and from a roll. Even the 2003 should beable to hold you off from a dig unless the driver sucks.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:57 AM

The 03 and 04 are very different in terms of the numbers they produce on the dyno and the times/trap speeds they make on the 1/4 mile.

The 03 isn't hard to beat, but it takes time to pull away because of the S2k being NA. My friend was powershifting (I wasn't) during our runs and the results were the same. I'm not that good of a driver (pretty average I think), and although I didn't miss a shift, I did shift close to 9k without hitting the limiter.

From a dig, any car has a chance since it's harder to launch the S2k than any FWD car, however put 2 decent drivers against each other where both launch well... the S2000 will get the jump off the line. (that's what happens when you have power going to the wrong wheels, and/or going to only 1 wheel) From what I've seen in the past (1/4 mile), they're pretty close.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:01 PM

03 srt-4's will pull 2.1 60ft times all day long with a decent driver on stock OEM tires.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fishey,Jul 21 2004, 08:09 AM
Guys, I hate to say it but stock vs stock the SRT-4 will beat you both from a dig and from a roll. Even the 2003 should beable to hold you off from a dig unless the driver sucks.
Srt4's are sick. I'm pretty sure the 1/4 mile times heavily favor the SRT4 by .4 or .6 of a second.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Fishey,Jul 21 2004, 12:01 PM
03 srt-4's will pull 2.1 60ft times all day long with a decent driver on stock OEM tires.
Are you saying that's good??
Old 07-21-2004, 05:42 PM

The s2k isn't a drag car guys but it can hold its own I'm sure. It would be a drivers race I'm guessing as most races are. Remember at the end of the day your driving home a s2k!! and the other driver is driving a..........
Old 07-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Banned

Dudes, when we're talking about cars that dyno considerably more yet weigh nearly the same, they should be faster. But c'mon, any forced induction car is no jokes.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by blessed,Jul 20 2004, 11:16 PM
Come on guy's?! Your gonna sit there and say the srt is faster??! Once modded, YES...but stock? NO! It's a better race with the 04', then the 03' because of more horsepower and lsd, but still. A properly driven S will pull away from an 03' by at least a car or two, and the 04' should be a very good race, but if the S is driven right (and not just in VTEC at the start) up top (i.e. 4th and 5th) the S will slowly start to walk away. I know no1 likes or has the oppertunity to run that high up but that's where you'll pull.There boost tapers off a bit from about 5700-6500rpm, so this dosen't effect them as much in 1-2-3rd gears because there not stuck inbetween 5700 - 6500 for long, but up top in 4th and 5th the'll be sitting there for some time...and if there only boosting 11-12 psi as apposed to 14-15, when your sitting at 8300rpm's in prime power mode...there goes there HP advantage...then the S's top end (6 speed) comes into play and inches away. At best i'll give it "A drivers race", but that dosen't automaticaly mean the S looses! I would say a good driver vs another good driver = the S2000 1/2 a car up. And out the hole...it's over...I know some people don't like to launch there cars hard and all, but when it comes to cars that are that close in performance you might need to launch vtec. Plus we have the advantage when it comes to every shift... when they shift, there boost takes a split second to build back up, we shift and were just, off+on=out! Which should give us the momentum. Now once you start talking about modded there's no question in my mind that the srt will win then, but stock, I say NO! You have to know about the car your racing, and where it's weak spots are also..why do you think in my 04' vs s video I speed up and control where the race starts, because I know that that neon is gonna be sitting in 2nd at 30mph and im gonna be right there about to explode into the lead in 1st (not to mention there boost takes a second to build anyways)...you do the math...SRT-4 in 2nd with a slight hesitation because of boost, and our S2000's in 1st right about to hit vtec, we jump out front, and the srt isan't gonna catch and pass us by 4th gear which is where we take back the advantage again! I'll bet on an S2 all day long! And just for reference check out my run with an 04' again...
http://home.earthlink.net/~matchframe/images/

Sorry for the long post, just had to vent my 2 cents about these F***ing neons, and all the credit they get!...im still to loose to a srt, any year!
I agree. Cant wait to meet one of theses guys on the street. Blessed, you are one fearless hombre, brother. I love your videos. Keep em coming!
Old 07-21-2004, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Diomedes,Jul 21 2004, 10:13 AM
Srt4's are sick. I'm pretty sure the 1/4 mile times heavily favor the SRT4 by .4 or .6 of a second.
From my experience, they don't outdo well driven S2000's (assuming SRT4's are driven well also). Stock '03 SRT4's finish mid-high 14's here, while 1 stock '04 SRT4 (my friend's) did 14.48 best time with nice launches and RT's. A guy here in a stock S2000 did back to back 14.3 runs. (our track is about .3-.5 seconds slower than most tracks)

Modded SRT4 (or anything packing boost) are going to be hard to keep up with anything NA, however stock trim is a completely different story. A completely stock SRT4 isn't hard to beat, it just takes time. Considering they're packing almost a half liter advantage AND boost, they're really not that quick from what I can see. I mean, if my stock ride had a 2.4L turbocharged engine and I couldn't smoke a car packing a 2.0L NA engine, I wouldn't think too highly of my car at that point. Supercharge a stock S2000 conservatively and no stock SRT4 can keep up anymore... what does that say about the SRT4 then?

FWIW, the Mopar 2.4L-T along with its ECU is good stuff. I've seen some detailed information to the inner workings and I must say it was made well. I just wish it wasn't in that chassis... kinda feel bad for the motor.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:26 PM

I raced a 04 last weekend, from a roll 30mph we were dead even until he miss shifted in third . At the light i ask if it was stock and he replied "yes" i ask him he wants to run me off the line he said "no". As the light turn green i just turn left and went home . BTW im stock.

Quick Reply: S2k Stock Vs Sr-t4 Stock