S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Street Encounters (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/)
-   -   S2k vs. BMW 135i (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/s2k-vs-bmw-135i-953343/)

ryanvo 05-20-2012 07:50 AM

S2k vs. BMW 135i

I raced with BMW 135i on i35 highway on Saturday. We did 3 pull. 1st from 65, I shift to 4th gear, and I was 5 car length ahead. 2nd pull: from 55, I shift to 3rd, I was 5 to 8 car length ahead. 3rd pull, from 55 to 120, by 120, I was 8 car length. We gave our thump's up and parted away. That's felt good. My is supercharged. I'm wondering how stock can match up with 135i, anyone?

EssToOfouzEn 05-20-2012 08:47 AM

I raced one when they first came out, it looked a little different than any other 135i's I've seen to date. it was a silver one but it had a black roof, black trunk & a black hood. we did 2 runs from about 60-90 and he got me by 1-2 car length on both runs.

Sauce 05-20-2012 02:21 PM

I drive a 135 right now w/ a JB4. A stock s2k has absolutely no chance, what does your supercharged car make?

AndrewLin 05-20-2012 04:11 PM

ryan, u have 80 more whp than they have stock at the crank...I'd hope you'd have eaten him up

twinpnoy84 05-20-2012 04:53 PM

135i, 335i are monsters just with bolt-ons and a chip.

Wish there was a video.

ryanvo 05-20-2012 06:12 PM

My s2k makes 376whp. Yes Andrew Lin, it was an easy win.

Duke Togo 05-20-2012 09:27 PM

The 1 series is a half ass sports car though - the basic formula has been clean sheet double wishbones, 2 seats and a convertible option since like ever. The 1 series right out the gate is handicapped by struts and the propensity to overheat.

The first time I saw one on track it was the berk car and it was skipping all over the track, looked like a complete mess of a sports car. But since it's a bmw I'm sure people will be all like nuh uh it's the shiznit y0!

It looks like BMW is moving back towards the double wishbone if the new x5 and 5 series are any proof so the next 1 series might be a much better car.

Sauce 05-25-2012 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Duke Togo (Post 21715629)
The 1 series is a half ass sports car though - the basic formula has been clean sheet double wishbones, 2 seats and a convertible option since like ever. The 1 series right out the gate is handicapped by struts and the propensity to overheat.

The first time I saw one on track it was the berk car and it was skipping all over the track, looked like a complete mess of a sports car. But since it's a bmw I'm sure people will be all like nuh uh it's the shiznit y0!

It looks like BMW is moving back towards the double wishbone if the new x5 and 5 series are any proof so the next 1 series might be a much better car.

Stock they are set up for a much different audience than you and I. Modern BMW non M cars are initially really out of place. I mean the freaking thing has an open diff with that motor? The bushings are set up for the stock runflats rock sidewalls and are incredibly soft and the thing goes into limp mode from heat incredibly quick.

However... That Berk car you brought up is demolishing track and class records left and right. Breath on them a little bit and they are really, really fast. The short wheelbase and the N54 motor make for a seriously potent package. The 1M is undoubtedly the best platform BMW currently makes.

Disgustipated 05-26-2012 11:01 AM

Here goes Duke Togo talking about suspension like he knows anything... STFU you idiot, a 135i (Especially the Berk car) will destroy your POS S2000 on the track.

Originally Posted by Sauce' timestamp='1338000386' post='21730856

Stock they are set up for a much different audience than you and I. Modern BMW non M cars are initially really out of place. I mean the freaking thing has an open diff with that motor? The bushings are set up for the stock runflats rock sidewalls and are incredibly soft and the thing goes into limp mode from heat incredibly quick.

However... That Berk car you brought up is demolishing track and class records left and right. Breath on them a little bit and they are really, really fast. The short wheelbase and the N54 motor make for a seriously potent package. The 1M is undoubtedly the best platform BMW currently makes.

Dude, ignore him. He's a retard that thinks he knows what he's talking about, he reads a couple of things about 'struts' and 'double wishbones' on the Internet and he's suddenly an expert. He does this all the time in the SoCal forum.

Sauce 05-28-2012 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Disgustipated (Post 21731907)

Originally Posted by Duke Togo' timestamp='1337578072' post='21715629

Here goes Duke Togo talking about suspension like he knows anything... STFU you idiot, a 135i (Especially the Berk car) will destroy your POS S2000 on the track.

Originally Posted by Sauce (Post 21730856)

Originally Posted by Duke Togo' timestamp='1337578072' post='21715629

Dude, ignore him. He's a retard that thinks he knows what he's talking about, he reads a couple of things about 'struts' and 'double wishbones' on the Internet and he's suddenly an expert. He does this all the time in the SoCal forum.

Lol ok, good to know. They are a really potent package and fly under a LOT of peoples radar. However there is a reason I have a 135 and want an s2k! :hello: I really, really like my car, it just takes a lot (read $$$$) to get it where I wan't to be where an s2k is there stock. Plus some aero and mild suspension and they are faster than my 400hp car w/ coils, control arms etc.