S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

S2K VS GTO

Old 05-30-2014, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2K VS GTO

After a local car meet tonight, I decided to take a little trip to my local canyon. I got warmed up on the uphill and just chilled at the top until some prey arrived. Saw a newer Pontiac GTO come barreling by, so I engaged attack mode. I caught up to him and he realized what was up. Dude downshifted and started going full bore on the downhill. He pulled me on the straights, but with some late braking I was sticking to him like glue through the corners. He was fighting for traction while I was grip driving right on his rear bumper. We battled for a good 7 minutes, and he couldn't spread the gap on me. When we reached the next pullout, he flashed his blinkers, pulled over, and admitted defeat. I stopped the car and approached him. I complimented his car and driving abilities, and instantly made a new friend. We ended up talking for about 20 minutes on the side of the road.. lol. Really nice guy. Told me his GTO is an 06 and bone stock.

This was the first time I pushed my S2K near it's limits (new owner here), and I must say, WOW. I have never felt more confident behind the wheel as I do in this car. I haven't had a proper touge battle in 5 years, and this was actually my first time driving this canyon in my S. To say I was rusty is an understatement. Pretty insane how a stock Honda with a novice driver can take down a car with 400hp. I think I finally get why we love this car so much.

DISCLAIMER: The road we were on has no traffic. It was midnight on a weekday, so we were practically the only cars on the road. We were using both lanes, but only when visibility permitted it.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:36 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Bragging about beating a gto in the twisties is like a gto bragging about beating an s2000 on the highway.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like you had fun and met a new friend.. be safe out there...
Old 05-31-2014, 05:09 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Gigdy
Bragging about beating a gto in the twisties is like a gto bragging about beating an s2000 on the highway.

i busted out laughing.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:46 AM

The road we were on was mainly downhill, but there were still multiple elevation changes with uphill sections. I was almost certain he was going to take me.
This was my first race in this car, so forgive me for being excited.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by JamesFM
This was the first time I pushed my S2K near it's limits (new owner here), and I must say, WOW.

DISCLAIMER: The road we were on has no traffic. It was midnight on a weekday, so we were practically the only cars on the road. We were using both lanes, but only when visibility permitted it.
Your limits and the cars limits are two completely different things.

If this was a public street using both lanes is very unsafe. Even if you think no one is on the road or you can see if another car is coming. You never know what can happen on a public street. Another car or bike could be coming from the other direction very quickly. You could hit some loose gravel,sand,dirt,oil,etc and loose control creating a hazard for any other vehicles. You really should keep it on the track especially if you think your coming any where near your limits.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by hariku821
You really should keep it on the track especially if you think your coming any where near your limits.
Is that why this thread is under "Street Encounters"???
Old 06-19-2014, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by CrackerMacker
Originally Posted by hariku821' timestamp='1401642938' post='23184756
You really should keep it on the track especially if you think your coming any where near your limits.
Is that why this thread is under "Street Encounters"???
Agreed... im relatively new around here, I have noticed that there are a fair number of snipers who deliberately seek out a "street encounter" post then troll or soap box it. Same type of people who go to a strip club and complain about nudity I guess? Id get a kick out of a mod making a "safe driving" forum so they can post about how they did the speed limit, used blinkers, hypermilled the passing etc...
Old 06-24-2014, 05:26 PM

Hey man long as its late at night and you guys aren't to out of control I say go for it. I mainly practice my driving 1-3am on the twisty back roads. I live out in the boonies only thing I have issues with are deer, I RARELY see anyone driving on the roads I use.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:56 AM

Awe damn, I thought there was going to be a shower scene.

Quick Reply: S2K VS GTO