S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

SRT-4 TIED MY TURBO CAR!

Old 05-10-2007, 06:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SRT-4 TIED MY TURBO CAR!

2 roll ons and the SRT-4 was side by side with me, i was actually pulling him just a little.

but he was right with me .....white with a carbon hood and maybe a little work, his BOV was awfully loud for stock, might have upped the boost a bit.

license plate was SRT-THIS .....if it was Vtec this i woulda gone crazy to beat him but he was cool gave a thumbs up and we split....

last nite the race went down with the 2 Z cars.....basically i can beat em both by just a hair....and from a dig i won by a larger degree. Having someone in my car and way too much gas on board made it a little bit harder but not impossible. I did better once i was alone. good stuff though. Like i always tell people ...a turbo S is still def. threatened by a Z with just a little work.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,May 10 2007, 06:40 AM
2 roll ons and the SRT-4 was side by side with me, i was actually pulling him just a little.

but he was right with me .....white with a carbon hood and maybe a little work, his BOV was awfully loud for stock, might have upped the boost a bit.

license plate was SRT-THIS .....if it was Vtec this i woulda gone crazy to beat him but he was cool gave a thumbs up and we split....
I think I have raced that guy before. Did he have dark tinted windows and a 3 gauges on the pillar? If it is him then he is running like 17 psi.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:56 AM

From a rolling 45 to the top of 3rd gear I pulled on him about a half car. If its the same guy he is very quick. He didnt give me a thumbs up though. Actually he gave me a dirty look.....lol
Old 05-10-2007, 10:52 AM

ya he did have pillar guages, but he had his windows down.... dude the other race last night now the guys are all talkin shit like my car is slow as ****. I got a slight boost leak again too lol 2 nuts fell off my manifold lol.... but either way. U recall you and i running, they're like dude your car isn't even making 360 crank.

I SMASHED the Z cars off the line but from high speed rolls i could barely pull on em (with a 3/4 tank and a passenger filming). It's not easy to just ditch a car once your at 130+ for example.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,May 10 2007, 10:52 AM
ya he did have pillar guages, but he had his windows down.... dude the other race last night now the guys are all talkin shit like my car is slow as ****. I got a slight boost leak again too lol 2 nuts fell off my manifold lol.... but either way. U recall you and i running, they're like dude your car isn't even making 360 crank.

I SMASHED the Z cars off the line but from high speed rolls i could barely pull on em (with a 3/4 tank and a passenger filming). It's not easy to just ditch a car once your at 130+ for example.
Yeah it is probably the same guy. Its a fast car. Who is saying your car is slow? And anyway you have the dyno sheet to prove your car is making that power.

The Zs you should of walked from a roll. If anything it should of been the other way around since you had the weight...they should of gotten you off the line but rolling the weight really doesnt affect higher speed racing as it does trying to get the heavy car moving
Old 05-10-2007, 11:54 AM

from a roll i was pulling but not walking em. I hammered em off the line.... IDK. They were the new Z's the the REVUP that has 300hp instead of 276. IDK. they had bolt ons thats it. I know one has N02 but he said he wasn't running it yet, the other idk what he has. But i know his is the faster of the two. A regular Z i'd walk. ....idk, you've seen my car run.... and fact is they kept up good from a roll. idk man.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:54 AM

I'm really wanting to see that canyon DVD i watched it on TV from the camera it was pretty bad ass!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,May 10 2007, 11:54 AM
from a roll i was pulling but not walking em. I hammered em off the line.... IDK. They were the new Z's the the REVUP that has 300hp instead of 276. IDK. they had bolt ons thats it. I know one has N02 but he said he wasn't running it yet, the other idk what he has. But i know his is the faster of the two. A regular Z i'd walk. ....idk, you've seen my car run.... and fact is they kept up good from a roll. idk man.
He was probably lying and he was actually spraying already....You should not have any problem against them....I think they weigh what 500 lbs more than us.....I wouldnt worry about it get a head gasket and some 750cc and turn up the boost...then it will be for anyone that comes your way
Old 05-10-2007, 12:00 PM

I'm really wanting to see that canyon DVD i watched it on TV from the camera it was pretty bad ass!
Yeah I havent seen any footage yet...I cant wait...Idont know if I will be at the meet tonight I will have to see how I am feeling. I am kind of tired, up too late last night
Old 05-10-2007, 12:07 PM

Cool

Ive raced 9kfever's Z its fast been in it also who knows what else his done to it I would like to see Shawn race him I see that ur upset let it go man he spank me oh well jk then again im stock lol ur boosted but then again ur car ain't running right

Quick Reply: SRT-4 TIED MY TURBO CAR!