S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Turbo S vs. Tesla...sorry, no video!

Old 08-29-2015, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo S vs. Tesla...sorry, no video!

His was bound to happen to me sooner than later! My friend owns a tesla and he tells me how whiplashingly fast it is and what cars he's taken down, so naturally I get curious because I've never really looked into the car. Upon searching youtube, I see so many cars getting destroyed by this thing so I'm confident I would get beaten and wonder if I'd ever see one one on the road.

So luck would have it that in my rear view, I see one approaching and he's coming up fast. Immediately, I get excited and he passes me going about 110 km/h, I'm doing 100. It's an older guy, maybe 60 or so. He's about 4-5 cars ahead of me in the middle lane and then changes to the outside lane where I am. I downshift to 4th and to be honest, I can't tell if he's even giving it! The car is SO DAMN QUIET!!! For sure he is though and I start reeling him in and if we had a few more seconds, I would have certainly overtaken him from 4 cars back but we hit traffic fairly quick. Pulled up beside him and we gave each other the thumbs up.

Seriously though, this car is so unassuming and will catch many people off their guard. The guy looked like he was going to pick up his kids from church group or something. It's a lot bigger of a car then I thought too. I guess I was nervous because of all the cars that I've seen that were taken down but that was from a dig! I'm certain that it'd be a different story if it started from a light but I don't race from a start!! I don't want to break axels or anything!
Old 08-29-2015, 12:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I live for your threads lolol. Where do u live that u come into contact with these cars? Someone the other day was just telling me how fast those Tessa's are. Enjoy the drive!
Old 08-29-2015, 12:13 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

That car is all about 0-60.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
That car is all about 0-60.
Yeah! Most accurate statement ever! This is so true which works out for me because I'm all about the roll!! Haha

Seems like I took away its biggest advantage but not to take away from the car from a roll because it was still quite quick but in no way did it reflect it's launching capabilities!

Again, the oddest part is that it didn't even seem like it was trying meanwhile my car sounded like a scud middle soaring through the desert with two banshees riding it, arguing who can scream louder!!
Old 08-29-2015, 12:40 PM

What model was it? Some are actually slow. The p85d is the one you do not want to mess with. They added a new mode called ludicrous and it will do 11 sec 1/4 mile. Still rolls aren't it's thing.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:44 PM

I think we only get one model here in Calgary, Canada. It's the model S p85 I think it is?

Yeah, my mate who had the p85 said he's waiting for the upgrade to be released so I guess this was just the regular p85.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by LDfavoriteson
I live for your threads lolol. Where do u live that u come into contact with these cars? Someone the other day was just telling me how fast those Tessa's are. Enjoy the drive!
Haha thanks man! It's funny, I used to go looking for races when I was in my turbo lude when I was younger and would never find anything or it would be such a slow car who would want to have a go but now that I'm older...I just go for a cruise or to buy something at I'm running into so many cars! Things just happen when you're not looking for it sometimes!!

I live in an oil and gas city up here in Canada so there seems to be a lot of money, so much that they've just opened up a Lambo dealership!! I'm still waiting to run into one of those on the road but rest assured, you'll know as soon as I do!! ;-)

I really should get a camera mounted somewhere but as awesome as it would be to record this, I really don't want concrete evidence of me breaking the law floating around!!! Haha
Old 08-29-2015, 01:41 PM

Gotcha yeah oil and gas equals big money here is a crappy pic of the tesla my buddy test drove not sure what kind it is
Attached Thumbnails Turbo S vs. Tesla...sorry, no video!-image-4050219300.jpg  
Old 08-29-2015, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by LDfavoriteson
Gotcha yeah oil and gas equals big money here is a crappy pic of the tesla my buddy test drove not sure what kind it is
To be honest, I first thought it was a genesis in my rear view until I saw the "T" emblem and was like, "OHHHH $h1T!! It's on!!

They are a lot bigger than I thought but then again, everything is bigger than the S! Don't be fooled though by this car's sedate appearance...they haul a$$ off the line!!! Go watch some 1/4 mile vids on YouTube! I was impressed!