S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Two S2k's vs porsche vs ford Probe V6 hwy battle

Old 07-30-2004, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two S2k's vs porsche vs ford Probe V6 hwy battle

Was cruisin home with my friend Britney down hwy 99 from Vancouver heading southbound and this guy in a black 24 valve v6 probe is right next to me wanting me to run so long story short he became a speck in my mirror and that was that. But after coming out of the massey tunnel, these Hid's come flying up behind me and all I can make out is that its a 99+porsche. Anyway he is about to fly by me and I downshifted to 4th and that put me at about 5200-5500 rpm and then in kicked vtec and the porsche slowly starts to stop pulling and he got about a car and a half in front of me and I was gaining on him real fast. By this point I could see the flat backend, no slope like the 911's so it was a boxster (not the S). Well anyway we kept on cruisin for a bit at about 160-170 km/h and I am not normally a speeder that goes that much over the limit so I was watching out for the boys in blue and we came up on another S2k silver, and he was like no way Im passing this up, so the 3 of us where rippin down the hwy and everytime I hit it with the porsche I started pulling easilly and we took it to about 212 km/h and the other S was not really with us at that point (more cautious) which I should have been. But I never get chances like this ever so I went for it. Also there was no traffic whatsoever. The worst part about it is I had my digi cam in the center console and a passenger to film it but was so caught up in the moment that I never even thought of it, Kickin myself now. But earlier in the night I did see a silver Lambo Murcielago parked downtown which was pure sex on wheels I must say. Definately loving my car even more now and the fact that I beat a car that costs way more then mine with a higher displacement engine.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:35 AM

Sounds like fun! Do you have any mods?
Old 07-31-2004, 04:48 AM

and I am not normally a speeder that goes that much over the limit so I was watching out for the boys in blue
Just about every poster on this forum uses this line...I'm starting to find it quite amusing.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:11 PM

My car is bone stock, only future mods are vortech kit with AC, AEM ems, bigger injectors, 17 or 18" white volk TE-37's, amuse lip, J's carbon hood, and maybe gears not sure.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rickjames,Jul 31 2004, 04:48 AM
Just about every poster on this forum uses this line...I'm starting to find it quite amusing.
It is probably true, most people don't typically make a habbit of going out and exceeding the speed limit by great amounts, but the fact is in a car like this the temptation is always there and sometimes it bites, and theres always the board to come share with others when we get home
Old 08-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rickjames,Jul 31 2004, 04:48 AM
Or this one "I'm just minding my own business..." It may be true in some cases, but everyone on here says that.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:45 PM

I don't race with passengers for several reasons besides safety, but with her in the seat maybe 140 pounds thats about a 10-14hp loss right there man.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RyanGSX-R,Jul 31 2004, 03:11 PM
My car is bone stock, only future mods are vortech kit with AC, AEM ems, bigger injectors, 17 or 18" white volk TE-37's, amuse lip, J's carbon hood, and maybe gears not sure.
Anyone else hate it when some "baller" mentions his "future mawdz list"?

Serisously, if I had a dollar for every guy with a Civic that's getting his swap or turbo...or a dollar for every WRX owner getting a VF34...or a dollar for every 3rd gen Camaro owner getting a 350 swap... or a dollar for every 350Z owner getting a RB26DETT swap...or especially a dollar for every 240sx owner getting a SR20DET swap...or a dolllar for every LS1 owner getting a H/C/I setup...or a dollar for every RSX owner getting a cybernation turbo kit...or a dollar for every hyundai accent owner that's getting his cold air intake...

Did I get the point across?
Old 08-01-2004, 10:03 PM

lol gotta admit that is pretty funny and I've heard all that! How about this...my 155th cousin owns a 11 second civic with turbo or eclipse or whatever lol..........seems like everyone has a cousin or relative with a fast car
Old 08-01-2004, 10:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FraudulentNeon,Aug 1 2004, 09:54 PM
Anyone else hate it when some "baller" mentions his "future mawdz list"?

Serisously, if I had a dollar for every guy with a Civic that's getting his swap or turbo...or a dollar for every WRX owner getting a VF34...or a dollar for every 3rd gen Camaro owner getting a 350 swap... or a dollar for every 350Z owner getting a RB26DETT swap...or especially a dollar for every 240sx owner getting a SR20DET swap...or a dolllar for every LS1 owner getting a H/C/I setup...or a dollar for every RSX owner getting a cybernation turbo kit...or a dollar for every hyundai accent owner that's getting his cold air intake...

Did I get the point across?
Nope, I'm still very confused.

But this baller (me) is really getting a supercharger soon. I think the bug has really bitten me after 3 years of owning the car. Lately and only lately, I've been thinking about adding a supercharger. Never really cared for them before. I hope I can fight the bug off to save money, otherwise, I would have to give you a dollar and put an S/C on.

Quick Reply: Two S2k's vs porsche vs ford Probe V6 hwy battle