S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

**Official** Whats my car worth?

Old 06-09-2017, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robvas2000
That was meant to be a private message and I see no way to delete.
Originally Posted by Carnut12
One owner? Are all records available? If so and it's mint I would start around $25K. Also depends on Color Combo, certain ones sell faster.
it is clean i dont know how popular the color is though

Old 01-17-2018, 08:10 PM

Default What would you say the going rate for my S2000 would be!?

S2ki!

The idea of selling has been floating around in my head a lot more lately.. As of now, I am about 75/25 on selling it but would love to see what everyone's input is on price range. TBH, the car just sits and I think it deserves a home/owner that will drive it like it suppose to be driven.

Info: 04 GPW w/ converted full black interior. 105,xxx miles. Clean Title, no accidents.
Car obviously does not have all 10 vin tags due to certain panels being swapped for OEM CR items, as pictured.
Would be sold as pictured, minus the OEM Hardtop (has since been sold) and wheels (I have stock AP2V1's)
Is basically a Southern CA car, besides accompanying me to Jacksonville FL where my wife and I were stationed briefly.
Car is far from being mint due to normal wear and tear, but I would rate it at a 7.5-8/10

Old 01-18-2018, 04:38 AM

Received 111 Likes on 71 Posts

$14k-$15k would be my best guess.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pondering selling the car for some extra money towards buying a home. It's in great condition and needs nothing, but the miles are getting up there and it's not completely stock, so I'm wondering what it might be worth as it sits currently.

Overview:
  • Silverstone
  • Red/Black Interior
  • 151k miles
  • No accidents + all matching vins
  • 2 owner car (I'm second owner)
  • Full service records during my ownership (since 78k miles)
    • Every fluid change, TSB, valve adjustment, everything.
Good Stuff:
  • Brand new clutch installed 20k miles ago
  • Brand new alignment bolts, bushings replaced 20k miles ago
  • All TSBs done early, (axle nut, billman TCT, frequent valve adjustments)
  • Zero issues, and needs literally nothing
  • Interior is very clean (just has the normal driver bolster wear)
Negatives:
  • Front bumper + lip has a lot of paint chips (Quoted between $450-600 to respray)
  • Soft top has rips at the usual places, both have been sewed up and patched (Doesn't leak at all and looks pretty stealth from the outside)
Mods:
  • RPF1s (17x9 rear 17x8 front +45)
  • Alpine HU w/ bluetooth and modifry addon to allow controls to work
  • Q300 Exhaust
  • K&N Intake
  • SS Brake Lines
  • Koni Yellow shocks + Eibach pro springs
  • Fenders have been rolled and rear bumper tab relocated

Old 04-24-2018, 08:30 AM
JnC

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess its time for me to ask for this very question as well, whats my car worth??

- 2000 AP1
- 124k miles
- AP2 conversion (Bumpers, headlights, tail lights, exhaust, front lip)
- AP2 center console
- Cleared headlights
- Cusco strut tower bar
- K&N cone filter
- 17X9 Enkei RPF1 SBC
- Brand new rear calipers, new centric rotors/pads and SS brake lines

Cons
- Bolster wear on the driver seat.
- Tear in the rear plastic window which has been repaired, the rest of the top is in great condition with no holes/rips etc.

I have owned the car for almost 4 years, when I purchased it from the previous owner it had all carbon fiber body parts, such as bumpers, hood, fenders etc. All of that stuff was either traded or sold, new parts were purchased from Peters Honda in Nashua NH and the care was put back together. Even though the car did not have a full respray but the new parts were painted fresh and the doors and rear quarter panel was blended.

I have driven this car on average a few hundred miles every year as I personally never drove it when there was a spec of cloud in the sky, its sad as I never enjoyed the car as I should have after putting so much love/work into it.
Car had head work done at Billman's shop a few years ago along with a complete leak down test and compression test. The bottom end was also inspected and Bill told me that the bottom end was in excellent condition, after the head work the compression and leak down test returned excellent results as well. Bill also installed his TCT and new vtec solenoid gasket while the car was there along with new accessory belt.Motor is strong and does not a burn any oil.

Car has 0 rust on the undercarriage and was always garaged and stored in a heated garage during winters.
I have paperwork for all the parts that were purchased from the dealer.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:54 PM

Default Contemplating Selling the S2k, What's It Worth, What To Get Next?

Hi guys, new member here. I have a yellow s2k that I got on a trade for my ls1 e30 a couple months ago. I've been loving it way more than I thought I would. Anyway, I just moved from NJ to FL and I'm considering getting something with 4 seats so if friends come to visit I can put more than 1 person in the car.

So... What's my car worth? I see prices all over the place. I'm thinking 18k?

Details
2005 Rio yellow
50k miles
5th owner
oem Honda front and rear spoilers
lowered on springs, not sure which
Indvidia catback
aftermarket intake
short throw shifter
no accidents
Black interior
new tires
up to date on all maintenance

Bad: has two tears in the top in the usual spots.

should I fix the top before selling or just discount the cost of the repair?

What to get next:
I'm unsure. It needs to be less than or equal to the Honda. I don't really need another fun car because I own a viper for that, but I would like something can put a smile on my face. Definitely no point A to point B cars such as a Camry. Something 2005+. Luxury cars considered too. Stick is a plus. Convertible is a plus plus. I do all maintenance and work myself, I'm not scared to do maintenance.. I've owned multiple b5 s4 stg3+. Price for cars with mileage 100k or less as long as maintained.

cars on my list so far:
03-08 e55 / e63 (rather the e55)
c6 s6
Wrx Sti hatch
b7 s4 vert
e60 m5
335d
??
??

If you're gonna a suggest a car, let me know why.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:32 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

I'd start my asking price at what you paid for it a couple months ago.
:
Levi
Old 04-27-2018, 07:28 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My vote is for the STi hatch. I had a 2012 STi sedan and it was a ton of fun. Ringlands are a known issue but as long as you don't bog the car (floor it in 6th gear) you won't have a problem (if you stay near stock lol). But besides that, brakes are great, handles great with just sway bars and stickier tires. The biggest issue is the rattling and the fact that is is a gas guzzler for a 4 cyl. Plenty of room for friends to sit in it and plenty of trunk space.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JnC
I guess its time for me to ask for this very question as well, whats my car worth??

- 2000 AP1
- 124k miles
- AP2 conversion (Bumpers, headlights, tail lights, exhaust, front lip)
- AP2 center console
- Cleared headlights
- Cusco strut tower bar
- K&N cone filter
- 17X9 Enkei RPF1 SBC
- Brand new rear calipers, new centric rotors/pads and SS brake lines

Cons
- Bolster wear on the driver seat.
- Tear in the rear plastic window which has been repaired, the rest of the top is in great condition with no holes/rips etc.
Well since nobody is commenting on our 2 posts I figured I'd try to help you out at least haha.

My main concern would just be the lack of info from the PO, it sounds like you accounted for very few of those 120k miles, and it sounds like the car was heavily modified by the PO. So as a buyer that would be a pretty big concern.

The good news is it looks like you did all the work to get it in great condition using quality parts, and sourcing Billman for the head work and to verify the quality of the engine. If you can provide solid documentation to back that all up, as well as pictures to verify the rust-free underbody, then I think that makes up for most of it.

Without the records, mistmatched vins, a respray/blend, and prior engine work will scare away a lot of your buyers.

So if you can prove all of what you just said then I think you could get around 12k for it, especially if you have some sort of service history from the PO. I'd be curious about other maintenance items like bushings, fluids, plugs, belt, valve adjust history, etc that may impact price a bit, but think that should give you a decent idea.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What's my S2000 worth? (not actually selling)

I'm just curious....

2006 Sebring Silver, black interior

Exterior - 8.5/10
Interior - 9/10
Clean title
mileage = 107K
5th owner

I have owned the car for 1.5 years and have installed:

New Michelins PS4S tires in stock sizes
New OEM clutch disk / AP1 flywheel
New Stoptech street performance pads and rotors
New steel braided brake lines
Buddy Club P1 drivers seat (still have OEM)
OEM lip
TCT
Valve adjustment
New 08' model front and rear shocks and springs
New trans / cluitch / diff / brake (SRF) fluid

Car is stock otherwise.

If I sold as-is (with the OEM seat), what would you be willing to pay? I paid 17.5k 1.5 years ago when I bought it at 87k.

Cheers,
HappyFunNiceGuy

Last edited by HappyFunNiceGuy; 06-14-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Quick Reply: **Official** Whats my car worth?