S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

**Official** Whats my car worth?

Old 08-22-2018, 10:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GuthNW
Assuming that your interior is as clean as the exterior, here in the Pacific Northwest where these cars tend to be a bit pricier than in most parts of the country my best guess would be that your car would sell for somewhere around $15K.
Yeah I would say around $14k. I'm in NJ which is not exactly cheap and I've seen lots going for less than $15k with less miles, but it wouldn't hurt to ask that.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 gpw ap2

The time is coming where my beloved S2k will be on the market. What do you guys think price wise? 2005 GPW/tan interior AP2 26K miles never seen anything but sunny weather. Comes with Tonneau cover and car cover for inside the garage (anal I know). Bone stock and gorgeous.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:51 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by BrowningNRA2
The time is coming where my beloved S2k will be on the market. What do you guys think price wise?
Short answer: $25K here in the PNW market (adjust accordingly for your part of the country).

Long answer: I have the exact twin to your car in every way, year, condition, mileage, you name it. I've insured the car for $25K with no problems and at a very reasonable rate. That feels about right as I've been offered $25K for the car earlier this year and had other local owners tell me that sounds in line with how they would value it.

I'm not sure that someone would actually put up that much money if I were to take them up on a casual offer. I don't plan to find out any time soon since unlike yourself I'm not at all interested in selling. I just figure that if my car was stolen, I'd probably need to have that much cash on hand to be able to replace it if I could even find another. Yours is the first I've seen that's so similar to mine it's a bit surreal. This car was tough to find and I'm enjoying it way too much. I'll probably only put around 2K miles per year on it while I'm still working, but any decline in value that might come from racking up more miles has sure been worth it so far. This car could double in value, or decrease by half and I'll still be enjoying it.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by GuthNW
Short answer: $25K here in the PNW market (adjust accordingly for your part of the country).

Long answer: I have the exact twin to your car in every way, year, condition, mileage, you name it. I've insured the car for $25K with no problems and at a very reasonable rate. That feels about right as I've been offered $25K for the car earlier this year and had other local owners tell me that sounds in line with how they would value it.

I'm not sure that someone would actually put up that much money if I were to take them up on a casual offer. I don't plan to find out any time soon since unlike yourself I'm not at all interested in selling. I just figure that if my car was stolen, I'd probably need to have that much cash on hand to be able to replace it if I could even find another. Yours is the first I've seen that's so similar to mine it's a bit surreal. This car was tough to find and I'm enjoying it way too much. I'll probably only put around 2K miles per year on it while I'm still working, but any decline in value that might come from racking up more miles has sure been worth it so far. This car could double in value, or decrease by half and I'll still be enjoying it.
Funny you say that....My number I had in my head was "Can't sell it unless I get 25". Appreciate the response and that's too funny about your identical car. I have only seen one other GPW/tan and it was racked with miles (not a bad thing, probably brought a lot of smiles to many faces). Ever since we had our Son I only take it on the occasional solo time out or if we take two cars and drop the kid at Grandmas for an evening out. It just sits in my garage with the cover on. I don't lose sleep because I know it's most likely not going to depreciate given it's probably a 9.5/10 condition wise but I just keep thinking there has to be some 4 door fun out there where I don't have to stare at those two seats with envy anymore :/.

I have been pondering Bringatrailer.com...a similar 04 30K miles fetched 24,004 with a 5% fee puts the price right in the 25s. What do to, What to do.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:42 PM

Hey all, it is with great sadness that I must make this post. However, the time has come to buy a house and I need to put a down payment together.

What is my MY02 worth?
  • 37,500 miles
  • mechanically sound
  • exterior 9/10
  • interior 8.5/10
  • clean title
  • two owners
  • clean carfax
  • nine original VIN panels (front bumper was replaced with OEM)
  • very subtle ghost flames on the paint
  • Comptech front and rear sway bars replacing OEM

I've replaced the weird Nissan Silvia emblems with Honda emblems; just don't have a picture on hand.

Old 09-22-2020, 03:38 AM

Havent been on here for awhile but thinking about possibly listing my s2000. Thinking of upgrading to a cayman to go with the 997tt. Looking to get opinions on possible price. 2 owner car. 2003 GPW on tan with 21k miles. I have put about 11k miles on the car since i bought it 7 years ago. Always garage kept. Stored on a battery tender in the winter. No issues with the interior. Has had 5 track days which occurred 4 years ago. Original dealer option spoiler. Will come with extra set of aftermarket track wheels and tires and upgraded front sway bar to run all square. Original wheels have never been on the car since I have owned. Clean carfax. Recently was in Graham Rahals shop to be looked over and have an alignment done and fluids changed. Aftermarket head unit, speakers, amp and sub in the floor of the trunk are the only other changes.

Old 09-23-2020, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Fletchers2k
Havent been on here for awhile but thinking about possibly listing my s2000. Thinking of upgrading to a cayman to go with the 997tt. Looking to get opinions on possible price. 2 owner car. 2003 GPW on tan with 21k miles. I have put about 11k miles on the car since i bought it 7 years ago. Always garage kept. Stored on a battery tender in the winter. No issues with the interior. Has had 5 track days which occurred 4 years ago. Original dealer option spoiler. Will come with extra set of aftermarket track wheels and tires and upgraded front sway bar to run all square. Original wheels have never been on the car since I have owned. Clean carfax. Recently was in Graham Rahals shop to be looked over and have an alignment done and fluids changed. Aftermarket head unit, speakers, amp and sub in the floor of the trunk are the only other changes.
I am not sure I would sell this for a Cayman especially that you have a 997TT. I had a 911 and Caymen before buying s2000 and I must say I enjoy the s2000 more as I always have the peace of mind whatever I do to it, it will not fail me and don't have spare money for something to fix. I also enjoy it as much as I did to my 997.2 and Caymen.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by S65-M3
I am not sure I would sell this for a Cayman especially that you have a 997TT. I had a 911 and Caymen before buying s2000 and I must say I enjoy the s2000 more as I always have the peace of mind whatever I do to it, it will not fail me and don't have spare money for something to fix. I also enjoy it as much as I did to my 997.2 and Caymen.
Understand but looking for more of a track car and would be looking more at a GTS or GT4. I felt bad tracking a low mileage s2000 and enjoy a little more power on the track.